Who /quittingthealcoholicjew/ here?

Who /quittingthealcoholicjew/ here?
>tfw day 1
>inb4 muh social life
Only whores go to clubs, and after nearly 10 years of going to bars, clubs etc I have nothing left to miss.

anyone?

just become obsessed with making money like me and then you'll never want to drink again because there's no ROI on consuming alcohol, in fact it actually costs more than its initial cost because it affects your productivity during and after you consume it

I can't quit the liquid jew, I've been trying for months but I always break down in the middle of the night and go buy a six pack. It's getting in the way of my gains Veeky Forums please hold me

>affects your productivity
I just want more downtime to play videogames and more energy to do cardio/get lean after all these years. I'm going the STEM route though so productivity is never a bad thing.

>break and get a six pack
I've been getting drunk nearly every night this week. Drinking 3 bottles of 8.2% cider and getting sleepy by 9pm. I've been wanting to get lean for ages and walk 5 miles everyday but the alcohol fucks me over.
I decided to go dry today and I'm drinking soda atm to ease off the cravings.
We can make it senpai.

I quit a couple years ago.
I was unironically an alcoholic and quitting was extremely difficult. I used to constantly think about drinking and to me getting drunk was always this profound mystery that I could never quite seem to figure out. I wasn't a social drinker, I'd just sit in my apartment and get trashed by myself.
I'm sure all of that would come back if I started drinking again, but after I quit and maintained for a long time, I started thinking about it less and less. Now it never even crosses my mind.

That other user who wrote about money has a good point. One of the reasons I stopped drinking is because I was actually poor, had no job, and was on the verge of losing my apartment with no where else to go. So cutting out alcohol was initially a financial necessity. If you can tie drinking to something like that, it makes severing the addiction process a lot easier.

I'm a mature stem student so I can afford to get drunk at my computer on a Tuesday night for instance. But I'm not a social drinker, I hate going downtown. I'm tying quitting drinking to getting lean I've been wanting to for years but I have thousands of calories a week I'm getting from alcohol that If I cut out I could maybe be lean by the end of the year.

Start of day #3 zero alcohol. (minus that one Rohr's Golden Ale I had to finish off day 1).

Feels so good to be awake after 2 minutes, no watery eyes, no brain fog, no wondering what did I say to the barmaid.

That being said, living in deep south TX, we had 1/2 a dozen Tornado Warnings this past AM (like midnight - now).

>may break the drought once storm passes. we'll see.

Here's some motivation:

>Quit drinking January at 19.7% body fat
>Adopt strick diet
>Gym 3x a week
>Jiu Jitsu 3x a week

Within two months I went from 19.7 % body fat and 90 Skeletal Muscle Mass to 11,2% body fat and 98#'s of skeletal muscle mass.

I've read 6 books, not had a single night I've regretted, advanced in Jiu Jitsu and realized over half of my relationships with women were alcohol based and I needed to be drunk to be around them.

Alcohol is the biggest waste. I miss nothing from it.

First 3 days are tough. Keep it up user-y.
I'm going to try a month, don't think I've made it that long since I became the legal drinking age.

He fell for the STEM meme

>glass ceiling salary

What are the alternatives?

I'm looking to go down the professor route.
I'm studying in a new STEM field with very little competition. There's no way you'd even know about the subject so quit memeing and focus on your own career faggot.
I want to get rid of my beer gut. I have a decent upper body I unironically want to just do lots of cardio and calisthentics and stay lean year round.

I havent drunk in 3 months, though usually when i do i go a month without drinking then get absolutely blasted. So it isnt too hard for me.

I always got slaughtered because i find nights out so dull i have to drink to make them fun and finally i just thought fuck it, if its so boring ill just stop going at all.

twitch camming

I hate going out and only did it for social reasons.
At 27 I don't care about that shit anymore. The women out are always so nasty.
You could also do gay4pay

I think the problem lies in the pastimes associated with drinking beers / wine / Scotch, etc...

For example... I like going to the Tavern, talking to women 1/2 my age, watching futbol/soccer/sports on big screen TV, having 55 different beers to choose from... and getting away from my lame, going-nowhere job.

But I can always just drink n/a beer, right ?

>sheeeeesh.

>SOON I'LL BE 50 YEARS OLD; AND THOUGH THE WORLD IS COLD....

I don't have internet at home and I have a really shitty cam anyways.

Internet is $50 a month here plus whatever I'd need for a decent cam so unless it pays that much I'd be going backwards.

i was drinking blackout drunk every night for like 4 years but about two months ago I took a dose of some really strong LSD and I haven't drank a single drop of alcohol since.

I feel incredible and I've already lost 20 lbs.

Drinking culture is different in America.
There isn't a "tavern" that you can just hang out at.
America is centered on the automobile. You have to drive to go anywhere. And since drunk driving is a big no-no, all American drinking culture revolves around avoiding drunk driving.

In effect what this means is that getting drunk becomes a discreet event rather than a continuous life experience like dropping into the tavern for a beer or two. As a discreet event it takes on its own characteristics. Entire personas drastically change within minutes over this shit. If you aren't in the USA you literally have no fucking idea. America is a really fucked up place dude.

>sobriety made me gay

>Fridge is full of beer and have another ~10 beers aging

Can you stop this nothing I have become?

Just do gay pr0n senpai
>quit drugs
>take more drugs
wew
>drinking in public
I hate normies too much for this
>implying he doesn't smash more than your fat ass.
Quit today.
Drink soda instead until you get over it.

sobriety allowed me to be a non-impulsive nigger that randomly slams my dick into any female that lifts her legs to me.

Random fucking is disgusting. Enjoy being a nigger.

Here's the thing, first year sober I didn't fuck random sluts with thigh tattoos ranting about gender equality.

However, what i did do is meet a Saudi qt3.14 at a juice bar.

Strike up conversation. Start hiking with her, build a meaningful relationship. Begin doing gym/jiu jitsu with her.

Introduce her to bow hunting. Have a healthy and successful relationship not revolved around substance.

Enjoy your average drunk slut at a bar.

>building relationships around muh hobbies

Autism.

Yeah, bonding under likable things is horrible.

Better slam back some hard liquor instead.

You really must be a retard.

>bow hunting is "substance"
>autistic list of "activities"
>meaningful

You're the kind of guy whom some bitch marries for economic security and then is left in total confusion when you get cucked 5 years later.

Straight up quit drinking 5 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Used to party all the time, get fucked up, do dumb shit, fuck uggos, steal shit, whatever. Believe whatever you want about it's health benefits but quitting drinking does give you one undeniable benefit: the feeling of accomplishment.

Self esteem bros. The good stuff.

You don't think killing a massive elk then harvesting its meat is what men should do?

Go back to your barista job and don't forget to sit down to piss for equality. Faggot.

tHIS
>this pic
>mfw goldenshower fetish
This
Everyone talks about the physical effects of drinking. It's just like any drug you do it enough and it makes you complacent and unable to get those mental gains.
I'd like to go shooting but redneck style. Unforutnately we live in noguns land so I just play vidya and go on walks. Cardio is my only outdoors hobby at this point.
Normies are so boring all they want to do is clubs and netflix. I need to find a smart grill.

tried that
being teetotal is pretty boring, I just stopped getting drunk and wasting my time and money in clubs and such.
a few beers with friends or with a girl at a bar is fine.

This is scarily similar to me. I've been flirting with alcoholism just so I can get it, but after seeing this, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop drinking so much.

>a few beers
yeah I haven't the self control. I've been drinking every night for nearly a week. I need to quit if I'm gonna get lean.
>flirting with alcoholism
Once you get drunk half the days out of a month it does funny things to your head. Shit is deceptive.