Let's say you weren't going to eat anything tomorrow

Let's say you weren't going to eat anything tomorrow.

Would it be better to lift or to skip your workout?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Let's say you weren't going to eat anything tomorrow.
>Would it be better to lift or to skip your workout?

Lift.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801

Lift light fagget

Thanks!

Follow-up question since I am too stupid to understand all that text:

What about more than one day? What if the fast was going to last over a week? Would your answer change?

Also, based on this post, should I reduce the intensity?

>What if the fast was going to last over a week?
Wtf why would you do that?

> Would your answer change?
Of course...

>Also, based on this post, should I reduce the intensity?
If you aren't used to train during fasts, you won't be able to keep up with the intensity. However, you get used to it after a couple weeks...

>Wtf why would you do that?

To lose fat.

>If you aren't used to train during fasts, you won't be able to keep up with the intensity. However, you get used to it after a couple weeks...

I'm doing 5/3/1 so I'll be lifting submaximal weights anyway.

>To lose fat
What you seek is cardio, my man.

You mean fasted cardio instead of the lifting?

>Eating nothing to lose fat
You'll be losing any gains you had and causing metabolic damage, you stupid faggot.

Nah, a calorie-restricted diet would cause metabolic damage.

lower calorie diet with cardio and liftan'

If I remember right some new studies showed it doesn't matter if you are fasted or not.
Just do cardio

>To lose fat.
For fucks sake... are you that dumb? If you fast for a week you will lose all your gains...

Do 1 day of fasting a week and IF the other days. If you're hardcore about it, IF 20/4 instead of usual 16/8.

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/

>Not eating anything is fasting

Are you stupid?

>intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
Med fag here, I was just reviewing the matter yesterday. Of course HGH will keep some of your proteins going, and nitrogen excreta will be much lower simply bc you're not eating any protein, nor any nutritients at all. However, there's no special reason for fast for a whole week instead of following tried and true methods that are usually done by athletes, such as the one used on this article I've linked here . (check'd); or the IF method by Dr. Fung, which is fucking great, for that matter. Needless to say that keeping a 16-40h fasting is much more manageable then skip every meal for a whole week.

Anyways, of course you will lose much more fat than muscles during a fast that long, but beware you will lose a big part of your gains as well. Top of that, your immunity will be shit as your mental disposition during that fast...

You're confusing fasting with intermittent fasting

>You're confusing fasting with fasting

Getting ready to be someone's bottom bitch are you op? You'd be better off just eating and giving yourself an enema 30mims before hand you fucking faggot

If you saw any eps of Naked and Afraid and other survivor shit shows, you probably noticed how people get weak and skinnier af after participating the show. And they're very small portions eating at least once a day, usually high protein food. You should expect much worse from starving yourself.

No, you're wrong. An ultra-low calorie diet is much worse than fasting.

Trips of truth.
>nobody checking them digits
SAD!

>cardio for losing fat

stupid

bump