/running/

what's your excuse for not having run a 5k today Veeky Forums?

>this

I ran an 18:45 5k yesterday and then did a bit more afterwards. Clocked in at just over 20 miles in the end. Today I did a fast, hilly 5.65 miles along trails and public rights of way in the forest and fields.

Probably do and easy 3-4 miles tomorrow followed by 8-10 miles of speedwork on Tuesday. Then about 14 miles at my running club on Wednesday, another quickish 5-7 miles on Thursday and then 4-6 easy miles on Friday and Saturday ready for my 10k on Sunday. Then I may tag a bit extra on after my race.

Feels good man.

Did 10k today. Made it in exactly one hour and it had one really steep mountain.
>Feels good

I'm training back up to that. Started at 1 mile a day, increasing by a third of a mile every 2 runs. I'm up to 2.6. Feels great to be running again.

I have but I need better shoes to go further what are the best cross country trainers?

i have growth abnormalities in my hips and knees that prevent me from being able to run without pain, and my asthma makes breathing hard if i go above 4-5mph for more than a minute or two. i have to use a recumbent exercise bike in order to do cardio, which kinda sucks. did 15 miles last night, gonna do another 15-18 tonight

That is a lot of running

Weather was great this morning, even went noshirt in the last 2 miles.
>inb4 douche

But I did.

What are your lifting stats?

His time is pretty good. He must be skellly mode

nice man keep it up

Just got back from my 5k, rest day and a solid sunny spring day.

I like my joints and my kidneys. I was out for about 8 hours biking and hiking, though.

Did a 5k yesterday, the day before, and the day before. Lifted today. The sun is actually out in the UK so making the most of it with some mates

>just finished lifting
>cardio on off days
>spent a week on a cruise and i think i caught some sickness on the last day
>feel like shit today, just got home

why do you need to do 8-10 miles of speedwork?

I ran 2.4 miles today. The last time I've done any cardio was like 4 years ago, but I slowly became a permabulkin fatso so it's time to do something about it. My pace was shit, my lungs hurt, my knees hurt, but now I feel better than ever. I'm gonna take a nice shower, eat some bananas and have a nice fap, then watch a movie.

Life is good right now

Asthma

who /nightrun/ here? i don't want people to laugh at me so i only run after 9:00pm

Cheers mate.

Didn't pb in my 5k yesterday but I'm hoping to pb at my 10k next week although I hear it's quite undulating but we'll see. Since I've started running most days my times have really improved. The key is to go nice and slow on the easy days. If I do a really slow 3-4 miles on my rest days I find it helps me better than not running at all.

Dude, go run earlier and check out them females running it their yoga pants.

You're mirin' they're mirin', you know just enjoy life. Those smiles are worth it. Get out of your head man, nobody is laughing at you.

Sorry I don't mean 8-10 miles of just intervals.

I was planning on doing a mile or 2 warm up, then 5 x 1km intervals and then a mile or 2 warm down. With my recovery jog between the intervals it would probably equal about 8-10 miles total.

I ran a 8:30 mile today. Feeling pretty good about myself right now, only started running a month ago. The endorphins are a real thing...

Most people don't pay any attention to you at all when you run but do whatever works best for you. Be that running at 9pm or 5am.

this
Its nice to say hi and smile to the people who walk on the paths. Some qts, but mostly cute old people who enjoy the interaction

Good work mate, keep it up.

It will cost a bit more but the best thing to do is to go to an independent running shop and get yourself properly fitted for a pair of shoes.

I started going to the gym 7 months ago, I used to go at night for the same reason. For the heck of it I went 2 days ago during peak times, which is around 5 pm, only to realize that I was the strongest at the gym... I thought 3.5 plates for squats is low especially if you just go below parallel and not atg, well most could barely quarter rep a plate....

out of nowhere some guy even started asking for advice, I told him aI started with SS and he had never heard of it before......

now I will continue going to the gym at night not because of embarrassment, but to avoid people like this lol

Nothing more motivational than an affirmative nod from an older jacked dude, or a cheeky smile from a cute 18 years old girl while running

If I do ~30 minutes of cardio 2-3 times a week, how long would it take to get some health benefits?
Like feeling better on a day to day basis, having better boners, having the will to live, recovery between sets when lifting etc.

>running noshirt
>running this slow

user pls

Will do brah, will do

i've been biking 50-100 miles a week for a couple months, and all i got out of it is slightly better boners and more peddling endurance.

You will feel better instantly because of the endorphins, but I would say keep at it, try to push yourself and give it a month or two

Better how?

Not quite skelly mode but not far off. I dabble in a bit of lifting as it helps with my running. Most runners would improve with a bit of lifting. You can often tell if a runner has a week core from the way that they run.

>having the will to live
You need therapy, dude. A good amount of cardio is a nice start, though.

maybe another quarter to half inch in length and a more pronounced head. not a huge difference really, but aesthetically it's a nice change.

I ran one on friday
broke 16!

cuz i ran 11k

@ ? pace

Because I get winded walking up stairs. No lie.
I think a lot of it has to do with moving somewhere literally 2500 feet above sea level than where I was growing up for school.

I still lift, but it doesn't seem to help. Will biking/running help with it? I can't even have sex without having to seriously slow down tempo.

just go for a walks or try to tread water in a shallow pool
maybe hold onto the side of a pool and kick like you're swimming

how much do you weigh btw?
maybe look up meditative breathing techniques

Goddamn this thread is pissing me off.

I was going to go run interval repeats today (I'm working on my 5k time) but it won't quit fucking raining.

5'8", 160 pounds.
I'm .7/2/2.5/3, so I'm not out of shape. It's only something that's happened since moving here.

lmao wtf
are you afraid of getting a little wet?
maybe you've got apnea?
2000 feet isn't much elevation to adapt to

Stop being a batty boy and go in the rain. I run regardless of whether it's baking hot or freezing cold, blazing sun or pissing down. Man up bitch.

>apnea
That would fucking suck.

I also had intermittent asthma (had to use the inhaler once a year) when I was younger, but I figured I grew out of it.

The guy in your pic has horrible stride form btw.

try smoking weed
I shared a cigarette with a girl the day before running sub 16 in the 5000 meter
agree

I'll smoke a cig a few times a month, and the day after I feel like absolute shit and use my inhaler just to be able to walk around my house.

Does that means I have to start using it daily now?

breh I'm not a doctor
fuck off

Disgusting obese fuck here.

What do you runners eat in terms of macros? I just got a job bussing at a restaurant. Decided it's time to move on with life. I used to run two and a half miles a day while attending a boxing gym but haven't run in months and gained weight.

Also hard to breathe because fat and deviated septum. Feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen. Is there something I can take for this, to open up my trachea or nose or something?

I recommend smoking weed and not using your inhaler as often
asthma is neurological
maybe look into this
idk breh

But i did

I ran 4 miles on wednesday and 5 miles yesterday. I'm training to get up to 12 miles before June

Not a big fan of weed at all. I think Ill just try dailying my inhaler.

why are you shitting up my thread with your asinine health issues?
gz
be sure to give yourself recovery days

Is there a /Starting Run/ out there? I've started running at weekends for hearth gains but I dont follow a program. Any good ones Veeky Forums?

>program for running

you internet millenials are zombies. Why do you need a program to run

>neurological
YOU. FUCKING. RETARD. asthma is an autoimmune disorder. jesus christ.

Pick any 10km beginner program. It is a good start.

> Why do you need a program to run

I don't know the distance, tempo and other shit that I need in order to make a progresive routine you mongo. It's the same as lifting, you don't do and arbitrary set of a random exersizes and expect gainz, same as running without knowing wtf are you doing. 1/10 made me reply.

Such as? Can't find shit

How do I into running?

nice cope anime boy. but the fact remains is that you have to ask the internet how to run. how about trying to atleast use your peon brain once in a while, kid.

>anime boy
>kid

problem? ...kid

I usually do sprints instead of long distance. I may take up a slow pace run once a week for some longer cardio. Maybe 10k or so.

got all my wisdom tooth removed couple days ago. I feel like shit doing nothing all day, at least I'm on painkillers so can't complain really

Because I don't need to.

google Coach to 5k

Every year I stop running from like October to March due to only enjoying running outside, and only when it's warm.

This year I actually did cardio during that time in an effort to keep my time up and it sort of worked, I ended last year at 18:15 for a 5k and this year I'm at 19:30 after about 5 runs. I want to get into the 17 minute range this year which I think will be possible.

Thank you for reading my blog, don't forget to subscribe to my quarterly.

Yeah if you just start running you can get some seriously stupid fucking habits that can be hard to change.

But the other user is sort of right, just start running, but before doing so, make sure you understand proper running form like no heel striking, how to use hamstrings instead of quads for hills, proper stride length, and all that shit.

>going shirtless for that absolute shit tier 15 yo teenage gamer girl time

end yourself my man

tornado warnings

I trained legs yesterday so could only manage a 7min mile

ran about 4k in total, yeah it's shit but fuck off I can do much better with rested legs.

>>How do I into running?

1. Locate and acquire a copy of "Daniels' Running Formula."
2. Read your copy of "Daniels' Running Formula."
3. Apply what you read in "Daniels' Running Formula," including the lessons in running physiology, running form, and the pre-written training plans for beginners, intermediates, advanced, and elites for distances ranging from 800m, 1500m, 5k, cross country, half marathon, and marathon.

How would I get my three mile time up guys? 3 miles is about 5k and Im currently running it at around 23 minutes but would like to get it closer to 18 in 6 months when I ship for the Marines.

What are you running away from user? tell us.

I honestly cannot fathom those people who jog leisurely and can wave and smile at passersby.

Maybe I'm autistic with no sense of control but I always work at 100% when I run so can't afford to waste a breath with that sort of shit

because swimming is just so much better.

You'll no doubt be one of the strongest, most gym guys are dyel.

But you will eventually encounter "that guy" who is a fucking monster. There is one at every gym no matter how shitty it is. You may only see him once and then inexplicably never again. But he'll be repping a 6pl8 deadlift on that day.

23 to 18 in 6 months isn't going to happen. And I don't mean "haters gonna hate" it's not going to happen. That's like the lifting equivalent of squatting the bar ORM to doing 2 plates for reps in six months.

His dark past.
Pic related

I started running properly less than half a year ago, and my mile time has gone from 10 minute miles to 7 minute miles. In 3 runs, my 5k time went down from 24 minutes to 20:37.

18 might be a stretch, but signficant improvement is definitely possible.

I graphed my progress one year and it was 24:30->~19 from April to September.

The gap between 18 and 19 is worlds different than the gap between 23 and 24.

I said closer to, not exactly 18. I have all 3 months of boot camp for my time to improve too, depending on what the running schedule is like there.

It's probably also worth noting that I'm an absolute beginner, if that changes anything

I'm at a 32:27 minute 3 mile
>slow as fuck I know

I'm actually pretty Veeky Forums my cardio is just shit. Realistically, what can I get my 3 mile down to by December?

Had a rugby match yesterday and my legs are fucked

You can probably get that down a fair amount, youd be surprised. Do sprints and HIIT to increase your Vo2 max. Do Fartlek/intervals to increase your pace. Shorten your runs and quicken the pace until you can run 1 mile in say, 8 minutes. Then go for 1.5 in 12 minutes. Then 2 miles in 16 minutes, and so forth. It will take a while, but you can do it man.
Break it up into easier to tackle chunks; starting a 5k and thinking youre gunna have to run your arse off isnt fun, and is disheartening if you dont see the results you want. Shorten the length, increase the pace, then gradually increase the length.

Youre gunna make it breh.

I know this person. He told me my Stronglifts is shit. I lost respect for him.

well, for a monster, it is shit.

My feels.

It was chest day. Running day was yesterday.

Thanks men