Why do muslims/christians get butthurt when someone claims their god might not exist but become oppressive...

Why do muslims/christians get butthurt when someone claims their god might not exist but become oppressive, ridiculing assholes when you claim if you must have a spirituality, you worship your own set of gods and goddesses and are happy with that? Especially when their god allegedly claims a set of rules and rituals specifically designed to hinder and oppress someone in their freedom and life. It shows you're not actually interested in spirituality, you're just interested in imposing yourself on others who are doing fine without you.

People laugh at you because you don't have a spirituality and you don't worship the Gods you claim to believe in. People are much less likely to laugh at you if you've created a modern cult, they'll still think you're odd but they'll take you a thousand times more seriously than a "spiritual" person that plays dress up as an ancient pagan while trying to recreate dead religious practices.

I worship my own way and no divine being has complained so far. I don't see why I should copy others when I have found my own thing that works for me, and their ways are unsatisfactory for my self.

>why do semites semite
Gee I dunno.

>People laugh at you because you don't have a spirituality and you don't worship the Gods you claim to believe in
This.

Also, good to see you made a thread out of your angst from this:

if his "spirituality" would gain a cult momentum like christianity they wouldnt laugh at him.
if there are a lot of people behind one bullshit then others tend to think "gee there must be something there"
there isnt

>if his "spirituality" would gain a cult momentum like christianity they wouldnt laugh at him.
No, he'd still be laughed at. Like scientology.

I'm not that user and I'm not interested in starting a cult, thanks. I'm just curious why monotheists lament loss of spirituality in society only to become aggressive when someone points out there is a spirituality, it's just not their personal flavor's. They are attacking others the same way atheists attack them, except when it's them being attacked they clutch at pearls and cry persecution.

>I'm just curious why monotheists lament loss of spirituality in society only to become aggressive when someone points out there is a spirituality, it's just not their personal flavor's.
Yeah that is an interesting effect. I've noticed when heathens(not derogatory, literal norse worshipers) tend toward the same thing when they become more convinced. Both should be teaming up on materialists, if anything. The Golden One on youtube makes a point to address this often. I think it has to do with the narcissism of small differences in effect. Also why fanatic communists vie against Christianity more than normal atheists.

Having said all that, you're a fucking heretic and you need to repent you trout.

But materialism is good. There's no certainty beyond this material life, and it makes no sense to think you're going to feel anything without a working nervous system to process it. Thus working to better one's living conditions within reasonable terms is something everyone should be encouraged to strive for. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, etc. etc.

>you're a fucking heretic and you need to repent

No thank you. Also, heresy doesn't apply to those who do not recognize themselves in your religion, for example an hinduist cannot be an heretic to a catholic because they're not even talking about the same god(s) in the first place. The correct term is "unbeliever", which doesn't mean someone who doesn't believe in anything, it's relative. If you subscribe to an unproved theory but not to another, you are an unbeliever for the former, but not for the latter.

>the big bad guy zorg and alien souls possessing cavemen is better than an omnipotent being who can create a fucking universe out of nothing yet still needs a rib to create a lady
one is not better than the other user

>that picture
>not materialistic at all
lol

Ah, I inverted former and latter in that sentence, apologies for that.

>There's no certainty beyond this material life
Empirically based certainty, not fully rationalized.
>Thus working to better one's living conditions within reasonable terms is something everyone should be encouraged to strive for. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, etc. etc.
You say that like it's opposed by and not in addition to spirituality. In fact, Stoicism works to reduce the demands of the conscious from the environment, so in that sense philosophy has a direct result on the reasonable level of expectation from the adherent. Just one example.
>No thank you
It wasn't a question.
>Also, heresy doesn't apply to those who do not recognize themselves in your religion
That's not how it works. Christianity is an absolute truth and trying to remain ignorant about it is heretical. Being and unbeliever is the same as being willfully ignorant.
>If you subscribe to an unproved theory
I'm sorry this isn't world of warcraft and you have a problem with priests not summoning the light from their fingertips.

>one is not better than the other user
Fucking stooge. You probably think the Garden was a place on Earth.

>"why are they using the color gold on their robes ugh this completely ruins 2000+ years of philosophy and good works and the thousands of years of foundation built before it"
You know those robes aren't made of actual gold, right?

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/materialism

OK, then let me just say this:
>Atheism is a cult of internally self-depressed assholes
>Neo-Paganism is a meme
There is a reason why the abrahamitic religions were successful.

>Empirically based certainty

The only certainty that matters, something all monotheist religions cannot provide. At least with polytheistic religions, you know the gods are limited and fallible etc. etc., but they are less judging and serve therefore for much better psychological support.

>You say that like it's opposed by and not in addition to spirituality

If you're talking about semite religions, yes it is.

>It wasn't a question

I don't care, user, sorry you have so much trouble accepting it.

> Christianity is an absolute truth and trying to remain ignorant about it

How can christianity be an absolute truth when you cannot even empirically prove the veracity of what your religion says? It's not an absolute truth, it's an absolute dogma based on nothing but oppression and fear of anyone who questions you. Same as any totalitarian ideology. You can learn about christianity (or any other dogmatic religion) enough to find it all bullshit.

>I'm sorry this isn't world of warcraft and you have a problem with priests not summoning the light from their fingertips

Nah, there's other problems with priests.

Can you name one that isn't the violent repression and oppression of the rights of those who disagree with you?

Christianity had to persecute pagans to death and cause the Empire to collapse with subsequent invasions and civil wars that decimated the existing population to establish itself. Islam slaughtered people the same way.

>The only certainty that matters
Apparently not to modern physicists! Or the original physicists for that matter.
>At least with polytheistic religions, you know the gods are limited and fallible
How is that an advantage? Am I being baited?
>but they are less judging and serve therefore for much better psychological support.
If their gods suck at morality, then how are they qualified to give psychological support?You're not making any sense at all.
>If you're talking about semite religions, yes it is.
Explain that one. Islam was permafucked by one man, Judaism was fucked by an ethnic culture which have contrary values to the religion, and Christianity is still all around awesome in the most real sense.
>I don't care, user, sorry you have so much trouble accepting it.
But you care enough to respond and post itt? Weird.
>when you cannot even empirically
Again, rationalism>empiricism. That debate ended literally a couple millennia ago, and it's been hashed out to the favor of rationalists over the past few centuries to death. Just because you don't have sensory input doesn't mean the thing doesn't exist or a process isn't happening. You've just been so pampered by the scientific method for use in minutiae that you forgot entire fields of science and before it philosophy were built on the principles of something greater. Empiricism is good for consumerism, but it isn't the final, or even first word, in humanitys greatest advancements.

>it's an absolute dogma based on nothing but oppression and fear of anyone who questions you. Same as any totalitarian ideology
Explain this, because the Bible says "render unto Caesar"-and admission of political authority. The dogma entails concrete principles and concepts. If you know something is true, then there's no reason to "settle" for anything less. I think you need a reminder that the crusades created social cohesion and the foundation for charity between European cultures, stopped the advancing Muslim hordes which had already purged 2/3rds of christian land, and the Spanish Inquisition ended almost 800 years of Reconquista war and turned them into a superpower over the next century.Nice buzzwords and non-argument assumptions though. It really highlighted your lack of Veeky Forums knowledge in favor of drawing on neoliberal stereotypes.

>Christianity had to persecute pagans to death and cause the Empire
Reminder that Christians were being fed to lions by pagans first. Pagans had no morals about feeding women and children to hungry animals, so yes they had a right to defeat them in order to give way to a world without sacrifice by being tied to a tree or thrown in a death pit. Without Christianity, we'd be living in total barbarism. Also a reminder that pagans declared wars too, they had no intent to unite their religion and there was no brotherhood as there is among Christians.

And what do you worship? How do you worship? Why do you worship? These are questions eveey faith has to answer in order to be taken seriously

>modern physicists
Modern physicists have dropped the scientific method? What?

>How is that an advantage?
People don't like people, even fictional ones, who hate them irrationally because they're human and ignore human nature?

>If their gods suck at morality

They don't. It is the christian god and the islamic one that suck at morality.

>Christianity is still all around awesome

Jesus preached for poverty, Republic Jesus is not christianity.

>But you care enough to respond and post itt?

If you don't want people to reply to you, why are you posting in the first place?

>Just because you don't have sensory input doesn't mean the thing doesn't exist or a process isn't happening

A theory remains merely a theory until empirical research has found substantial, existing proof of it though, and it is completely illogical to treat it as truth without proof. No moral reason to pretend something is real when there is zero proof of it and most importantly zero way to prove it, any reason would be interested and amoral, liked oppressing real, existing people in the name of your personal belief.

>the Bible says

The bible is bullshit written by jews though. Can you prove to me there is any objective evidence that isn't something jews with an interest created specifically for the purpose to give power to themselves?

>If you know something is true, then there's no reason to "settle" for anything less

But you don't know it's true. You have no proof, no evidence apart from what you and your kind yourself fabricated. You merely have convinced yourself of something that is appealing to you, and you want to force it on others. Once again, you confirm monotheist religions are nothing but oppressive ideologies to me.

>Reminder that Christians were being fed to lions by pagans first

Propaganda on the levels of Soviet Russia

>Pagans had no morals

Wrong, pagans had their own morals, which included respecting other people's beliefs and not forcing yours on them. The problem with christians was that they demand respect for themselves, but were not willing to give it back in exchange. That's an extremely shitty thing to do.

>a world without sacrifice by being tied to a tree or thrown in a death pit

Yeah, instead christians gave way to would full of sacrifice by being burned at the stake for wanting freedom, being hanged for bullshit accusations, being sentenced to murder or be denied a decent living for your ideas, being tortured for wanting to live your life freely. So much better, wow.

>Without Christianity, we'd be living in total barbarism

The bullshit. Torture, murder, thoughtcrime, oppressive intrusion of one's life were even more common while christianity was taken seriously.
Barbarism started stopping only once people started stopping giving a shit about religion.

>brotherhood among Christians

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

>You probably think the Garden was a place on Earth
Is there a Tigris and Euphrates in heaven?

>implying there are any actual records of Christians being fed to lions