Sup Veeky Forums, autismo here, who sucks at social situations

sup Veeky Forums, autismo here, who sucks at social situations.

how would you answer these questions Veeky Forums

>what are your passions?
>what are your hobbies?
>what do you look for in a girl?
>where do you want to travel to?
>what qualities would your friends use to describe you?

these are all questions my normie coworkers have asked me. I'm a kv with no friends, and my only hobbies are lifting and Veeky Forums

what are the ideal responses for these questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdzlVpJnfdk
revolutionarylifestyledesign.com/resources/
artofmanliness.com/2016/01/25/the-ultimate-list-of-hobbies-for-men-75-ideas-for-your-free-time/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've honestly never been asked most of these questions besides what my hobbies are. But heres how i personally would answer.

>what are your passions?
I live for my family. I like always being there for them when they need it and just being close with them.

>what are your hobbies?
I like to kayak, garden, read, spend time with friends, and stay active.

Someone who is honest, and someone who i can trust. Someone who wants to challenge me to become better.

I've been to most of the countries in the carribean but now i want to travel to ireland and germany because of my ethnicity. Also want to take an alaskan cruise because ive heard its beatiful.

Genuine, hard working, always down for a good time, good at giving advice.

Id word all of these differently depending on whos asking but thats the gist of it.

No ideal responses user.
If you're embarrassed about your answer, you can just say you haven't really thought about it, or answer vaguely, i.e. "surf the net" instead of "browsing Veeky Forums".
If you're not, just answer honestly. Words come out easily if you do.
Remember, you don't have to trick people into liking you, you just give them the bare necessary information so that you may filter out those that won't like you. You don't need to be someone you're not.

A portion of being shit at social situations stems from having nothing to talk about.

There's no simple fix without actually having hobbies, interests and doing things you can talk about.

Friends are the key to that although there's a lot you can do by yourself.

Fitness can be a massive hobby.

So much of work chat is simply good weekend? And if you can't say what you did then it really limits you.

>Friends are the key to that although there's a lot you can do by yourself.

Like what?

>So much of work chat is simply good weekend? And if you can't say what you did then it really limits you.

This is my problem. People usually don't even ask me anymore.

thanks, those are pretty good responses

i always have a hard time thinking of things on the spot

what is the best way to make friends?

>So much of work chat is simply good weekend? And if you can't say what you did then it really limits you.
but all i did was lift and browse Veeky Forums. whenever coworkers ask, i just say "I relaxed"

a lot of my coworkers have stopped asking me too

>what are your passions?
Normie: Having Fun, Traveling, Being with Friends, [conventional sport]
Me: Chemistry, Finance, Programming

>what are your hobbies?
Normie: [conventional sport], Netflix lol, [local popular hobby], cooking
Me: biking and skateboarding, financial analysis, programming, [is proper form a hobby?]

Normie: Down to earth, chill, fun to be around, cute
Me: Funny, independent, passionate, a little crazy

Normie: Cancun or florida for spring break, Western Europe, [Israel if Jewish],
Me: Spain, and Monaco, I want to go back to Hong Kong and Japan

Normie: fun, dependable, interesting,
Me: Wildcard, Funny, unconventional

desu, another poster said it already, but give out as little info as possible. people make up their own image of you without getting to know you. going against their image is scary and a turn off without the right context. I'm literally a nigger and I've had people get taken aback when I reveal something as small as really being hispanic.

>Like what?
Any hobby you can do by yourself. Walking/running/treking/ watching films/watching tv shows/lifting - all things that people can relate to.

Lack of friends really limits doing things at night, I've been in the situation when people ask you what you did and you have nothing to say. You just need to find interests and hobbies to chat about.

>i want to travel to ireland and germany because of my ethnicity

S you're a mix of Turk and potato nigger?

Trying this hard... baka

I hate the
>what do your friends say to describe you
one because it sounds so fucking pretentious to just speak for other people, and always with positive descriptors too

i know this sounds pretentious as fucking shit but everytime i try to talk about stuff i like or whatever everyone always treat me like a retard so i dont know what to do.

>what are your passions?
Am I being autistic about the use of this word? because I'm not sure I'm passionate about anything.
>what are your hobbies?
I wish I had some
basically OPs pic
everywhere that isn't Arab or AIDS or kidnapping
smart, funny.

man, I need hobbies.

>>what are your passions?
Anything or one that excites me at the moment.

>>what are your hobbies?
My passions, oh and writing.

>>what do you look for in a girl?
Tell me about yourself.

>>where do you want to travel to?
Where ever my heart tells me to go and where my feet can get me.

>>what qualities would your friends use to describe you?
I've never asked them. I don't think I really care. I mean, if we're friends I must be doing something right?

>A portion of being shit at social situations stems from having nothing to talk about.
>There's no simple fix without actually having hobbies, interests and doing things you can talk about.

Took me years and years to finally learn this. You have to have something going in your life to be able to talk about life. This is some of the most direct advice you'll ever read and anyone who knows it applies to them (anyone reading this thread) should take it to heart.

"My passion is lifting weights for an hour everyday. Best part is when you feel sore after working out. Then you know that you've made progress" Works great for normies, doesn't matter if true or not.
"I guess you're asking me about character" (person will say "no, physical appearance as well/no, everything" which is good for you) " A girl should be ...." [here you say what YOU W A N T in a girl. This means that you have to take some time to think about it. For me character wise a girl should NOT be passive aggressive towards other people (she won't be towards you because she is interested in you). You could have 20 of those requirements or 1. But you better think of them yourself.] If she asks about the physical appearance, look at her and say only things that she has. You could go for the cheeky " give me your hand" and you spin her around. As in searching for things to like in her. (when there isn't much to like on the front). Girls like spinning around.
Talk about where you want to travel to or if you are like me "I don't like traveling much". She asks why. "When you enjoy what you are doing, when you enjoy your life, you don't need an escape from it" This easily transitions to work/study/hobby related topics. And whatever she says you could ask her if she wants to visit some place. It also means you enjoy your life and people tend to avoid people who hate their life.

This is tricky because it forces you to say the best qualities you have. ->You want the other person to like you. Instead you should tell your somewhat bad qualities so that she can see that you don't care what she thinks of you. It doesn't matter to you whether she becomes your gf or not.
"Never thought about that one, I hope they say something nice, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,(5 sec pause) probably .... that I have a twisted sense of humor / that I am weird" She'll ask why? " I visit Veeky Forums"
Or you could go cheeky-mode and say something exaggerated like "... that I am a god / super strong / super handsome " It's hard to pull off and not look like an asshole. Saying shit like " ... that I am loyal, loving, caring" will look like you are trying to get her and have the opposite effect. Use this when you don't like the girl you are talking to.

>everyone always treat me like a retard so i dont know what to do.

How much of this do you think is you being overly self-critical and how much is really people trying you as lesser? I can relate to what you're saying and have the same concerns when I'm talking about myself. Greentext some examples.

shame she got full sleeve tattoo. Looks so bad + when she'll be in her 40s with fading skin rip

>passions
living a alcohol and drug free lifestyle while remaining a social and outgoing member of society

>hobbies
a shit ton of sport. too many to count, do them on and off. My fav being snowboarding and judo. Can play guitar semi well if I pick it up for a few weeks
Writing poetry
>what do you look for in a girl
someone who can think for her self. I don't want any meme subgenre of girl, just someone with a pretty face who's genuinely kind.
>Where do you want to travel to
I've already traveled enough for several lifetimes.
>what qualities would you friends use to describe you
Confident, Unusual, Creative, Outgoing/Extroverted

At 40 she'll be an old hag anyway so who cares about faded tattoos on old bitches?

>>Took me years and years to finally learn this. You have to have something going in your life to be able to talk about life. This is some of the most direct advice you'll ever read and anyone who knows it applies to them (anyone reading this thread) should take it to heart.
how do i get something going when i have nothing? i don't even have friends,

literally all my coworkers talk about are things they have done with friends, or things their friends have done

h-how do i get friends?

>tips fedora

BABY WANT FUK

FUCK friends, you don't need em. just pick up some classy hobbies and go about your life. also smile once in a while and if you're on the fence about talking to a stranger who's made eye contact with you, just fucking do it lad

wow bro! you're so unique, different and deep with those responses! fuck those normies haha!

Damn right!

What does that shit even mean?
I'm being honest.

>my only hobbies are lifting and Veeky Forums

I didn't think people like this unironically existed.

>how do i get something going when i have nothing?

Since you're on Veeky Forums this would be a good place to start. Local gym, swimming, local marathon events (normies LOVE these), hiking are great places to meet people. Fitness-related socialization tends to be fairly smooth as well since you will naturally start feeling better about your appearance and presentation as you become healthier and more naturally attractive.

My passion is my mind.
>>what are your hobbies?
lifting, music (playing, composing and listening), reading.
To be unpretentiouss, traditional, unenlightened, thin and straight haired.
I've married one like that several years ago. Not a single regret.
Don't care much about traveling. I love the simple smalls things of everyday life.
My friends think I'm intelligent and strong. (they come for advice and help in both)
Also boring and rooted in a way of living that they don't dig "hey user Y U no get smashed and party till noon every weekend?"

as it related to what you said? or in general?

Nothing specific

It's just anything, music, film, book, try to mention it or god forbid show it *in the appropriate social context*, it's usually either cringe glances from everyone or "this is so stupid"

for instance I tried showing youtube.com/watch?v=gdzlVpJnfdk when talking to friends about film and they looked at me like a fucking retard. This has happened so much that I just try to keep quiet most of the time.

It's good that you are honest. You might want to try a different approach. I am just going to point out one really bad thing and that is:
"Tell me about yourself" means that you have no standards.

Your answer isn't bad, the way you said it is not great. You are trying to explain your point of view. Don't do that. Only good things can come from people misunderstanding you(they could laugh at you which makes you a funny person), so give them a chance to misunderstand. This means drop out as much content as you can.

No idea, but if we are friends I must be doing something right.

This sounds better. Also people like talking about themselves, so the less you talk about yourself the more opportunity others have to talk about themselves. Let people talk themselves into liking you - (be a good listener). I talked enough

what do for a first date? got a girls number this weekend while at a friends party, 2nd time we've met, we got to chat a bit last night but first night she was kept looking at me all night. I'm afraid I'll come off as spaghetti or weird on a date. Never done this b4 but don't want to mess it up as these chances don't come to me often. 22.

Anyway OP:

>what are your passions?
music, doing outdoors activites, good times with friends
>what are your hobbies?
same as above, cooking, drawing
a girl that is fun, down to earth, has some depth to her, cares about others of something, positive, not too serious but responsible
hell idk...Spain? Japan?
fun/funny, prolly slightly autistic, goofy

>pick up some classy hobbies
examples of classy hobbies?
i want to learn another language and programming, but not much else is that interesting to me

thanks for the advice
hiking seems interesting, but can i meet people from it? i've gone a few times, and i'm usually the only person by myself, while everyone else is with friend(s)

>"Tell me about yourself" means that you have no standards.
I would say that in a joking way then use that as a way to start a conversation.
If she doesn't see her own self worth or something like that then I'll simply ignore the question and look at her with disdain. Not to make her self conscious, although if she's hot and I don't see me and her going anywhere I'll just manipulate her into sex.
But to make her realize that her low self esteem can make her unattractive.

>Your answer isn't bad
I'm a bad talker. I know that. Which is why I rarely ever say anything too seriously. Gives me a bit of wiggle room when it comes to conversation.
I also ALWAYS listen. Gives me things to talk about and time to think about my responses.
That and I like listening.

Haven't you seen a guy who has weird tastes but when he shares it with the rest of the group everybody things he is weird in a funny kind of way. To achieve it you have to be high energy, you have to be higher energy than the people around you(higher spirits). Best thing is to look for somebody charismatic to copy. That is how I learned.

Here is example from my life
>smoking cigs
>use naruto hand technique on a guy
>guy asks wtf am I doing
>you haven't heard of Naruto, the hokage of the hidden leaf village, the guy with the nine tailed fox inside of him
and we started talking about cartoons from our childhood.

You have to be high energy, really important. Be excited about the thing you are sharing. I am always high energy when I talk about cartoons and Bollywood, most people think these are weird, but I like them.

Why are your coworkers asking you generic job interview questions? Is this really how human beings interact with one another?

I'm not looking to be "that weird in a funny kind of way" guy. I certainly don't want to copy other charismatic guys. I want to learn the secret to keep on liking this stuff, and not have to hide it - without copying the mannerisms of anyone else.

i'm autistic and i think they want to try and get to know me

i don't think job interviews ask what kind of gf you want though

kind of in same situation as i don't want to be that weird anything guy, just want to be normal and completely social without having to lie all the time

Then you should make some mental gains. Have to exercise them social muscles. Here is this guy I found - solid stuff. revolutionarylifestyledesign.com/resources/ . Scroll way down to the bottom. Look for SOCIAL MINDSET and KNOWLEDGE and get to reading. Start with How To Win Friends And Influence People or with the 48 Laws of Power. I haven't read Games People Play yet, but I assume you could also start from it.

Backed to pol you 15 year old cringetard

>>smoking cigs
>>use naruto hand technique on a guy
>>guy asks wtf am I doing
>>you haven't heard of Naruto, the hokage of the hidden leaf village, the guy with the nine tailed fox inside of him

is this a joke

artofmanliness.com/2016/01/25/the-ultimate-list-of-hobbies-for-men-75-ideas-for-your-free-time/

You think I would ever joke about Naruto?

Don't see what's so bad about copying other people. Some would argue that we've been doing it since the beginning of time. Why not copy some good stuff you see other people do?

lie all the time? What are you lying about?

>lie all the time? What are you lying about?
Either keep silent or lie just to be accepted by normies. its fucking hell

No, you don't understand. I am bad at talking. Like, I need a bit of time to put my words in order or whatever I want to say spills out into a soup of nonsense.
It's part of the reason why I like writing and reading and listening. It helps.

>what are your passions?
Knowledge, and bettering myself as a person.
>what are your hobbies?
Video games, reading, boxing, racquetball
Someone who is cute, interesting, and loyal.
Too many places to name.
Funny, caring, dedicated, and quirky.

>quirky

of course the faggot that thinks video games are hobbies would say that

Does this happen even with your close friends? At your home when you talk to your family?

I was literally waiting for this (You).

Thanks.

>I-I was only pretending to be retarded guys!

Yup

Any idea why you can't talk fluently? Because it's not caused by anxiety.
If you practice alone will there be difference ?

I just joke around these questions. Probably make them think I am some kind of retard but I don't care desu

>what are your passions?
Fighting THE POWER

>what are your hobbies?
I collect safety matches boxes

That she got no penis, sorry I understand out current world situation but this is still important to me

Bangkok

Mr. policeman he is around 5ft9in tall, has eyebrows like this, uses glasses and so on...

>my only hobbies are lifting and Veeky Forums
That's why you are a virgin. Get out there and do something try new things. If you genuinely want to talk to normies then you need to have hobbies. They love taking about mundane things that make no difference .

>Any idea why you can't talk fluently?
Nope. Probably some low grade autism. I've always been described as an odd duck.
>Because it's not caused by anxiety.
Probably not. I get worse when I'm drunk, but I tend to be more jovial, friendly, confrontational and slightly rapey when dealing with people. So it's not really a problem because people can handwaive it as me being drunk.
>If you practice alone will there be difference ?
No. You see, It doesn't really work like that.
The problem is that words don't flow particularly well from my brain to my lips. I always stumble over things or put certain thoughts and phrases before the other.

Worse is when I'm tired and sometimes find my mind drifting off somewhere else.

Listening and picking up on what other people say and thinking about them and everything about them keeps me focused on the here and now and this moment. It helps me think about what I have to say and need to say to someone or people.

Sometimes I'll have entire little speeches and jokes and things saved up and squirelled away in my head to use because I'm just that poor when it comes to conversation and basic talking.

You see? This entire rambling bit of nonsense that i wrote? Can you see yourself listening to me blather on like this for hours? Hell no.
I keep my answers short concentrated and pithy.

I only go full flowing...free flowing stream of consciousness when online. Sure that doesn't help me when talking to people IRL but nothing will and it helps me think on my feet. Litterally.

>Thailand
>girl no penis
You funny user. I like you!

TO GET BIG WHATEVER IT TAKES GODAMMIT
>>what are your hobbies?
TO EAT REALFUCKINFOOD GUARAFUCKINTEED
TO BE MY GODAMNQUEEN AND MY FUCKING CAMERAMAN
TO JERRY'S
MUTANT

Dont talk about yourself much unless youre confident it isnt spaghetti. Ask her lots of questions but try not to interrogate. Things should be natural and if you spaghetti here and there dont make a big deal of it and she wont either.

I neet friends by playing vidya at cyber cafes. Even though i have a decent pc

>Dont talk about yourself much unless youre confident it isnt spaghetti.
I don't.
>Ask her lots of questions but try not to interrogate.
I don't interrogate unless I want to put her on the defensive.
I always ask open questions based on what I gather from how they dress walk their appearance and everything she's said or done since we've met in a passive yet interested way.
Being considered not entirely ugly and having a nice body helps a lot.
>Things should be natural and if you spaghetti here and there dont make a big deal of it and she wont either.
I told you. I am never ever super serious when I talk about most things. I create situations where Iisten and pay keen attention to her and I create concise potent answers to anything she's said.
Or I mumble. Always works.

>what are your passions?
Self improvement. I remember when I was depressed when I was 14. I tried killing myself but I thankfully my parents were there to stop me. Since then, I've been trying to make myself the best I can be so I don't have to deal with shit ever again.
>what are your hobbies?
Anime, Music (Playing instruments, collecting vinyl, etc), cooking.
Honest, responsible, smart, stuff like that.

Also the less "free-spirited" the better, I had a bad experience.
Japan and Spain.
Energetic, kind, kind of weird, I'm not too sure what they actually think of me to be honest.

>Get out there and do something try new things
like what though?

i've looked at this list in this post I already have tried a lot of the indoor hobbies
>reading
>online courses / programming
>learning guitar
>learning a foreign language
i'm terrible at all of them tbqh, still a beginner

i'd like to rock climb or go camping, but i have no friends

You and me would genuinely be best friends mate, I fucking love listening to people speak, and to have someone who can ramble on for hours as a friend is the dream.

>and slightly rapey

>politics
>programming
>good sense of humor, not self obsessive
>Texas
>quirky and charismatic

>what are the ideal responses for these questions?
The ideal response is the honest one. Find out if you dont know

That sounds cool. But I don't make friends easily. So you know.

>what are your passions?
Music and guitars. I have owned over 29 guitars in my adult life, currently have 17. 4 acoustics, 3 seven strings, 1 eight, and a bunch of random cool guitars I've pickedup over the tears. I used to play in a live jazz band so i used that to justify having so much pro gear

>what are your hobbies?
Lifting, making music, playing esp for a crowd, movies and ASOIAF

I'm vain as fuck. I look for beauty. Face, ass, height.

Barcelona, Budapest, Cancun, Korea

They usually say I'm too nice to people. I hate being referred to as the "nice guy", but I'm always the level headed one in my squad

What?
I have a fairly high success rate, but when it fails, I have to do some serious singing and dancing to get back on their good side.