Hey Veeky Forums, I was wondering what your thoughts are with intermittent fasting are...

Hey Veeky Forums, I was wondering what your thoughts are with intermittent fasting are? How did your experience with IF go? Results?

I'm on day 3 so far doing 16/8.

just be yourself

this but unironically

i was ironically being ironic

>day 3

Stick with it and

thanks for the you captain

It works and it's easy as shit

I figured so. Thanks for the feedback

Im really enjoying it. I eat supper only, and it's mostly protein.

Lift about an hour after wakeup six days a week, BCAA's before and during. Feel good throughout my workout, losing body fat.

Gained 8 pounds of water weight after a bad meal Saturday night, but the pump is gonna be insane tomorrow morning. So there's that.

>long story short I like it
>23/1
>130g daily protein at least (chicken breast mostly)
>wish I'd started years ago

oldfag. bad everything. shoulders/knees/back/etc.

been IFing for a couple months. feel 1000% better. had torn rotator cuff that was taking forever to heal. fasted 3 days. healed.

Supposedly, fasting for 24+ hrs cranks up growth hormone. gains have been meh but healing properties/energy levels/overall health make it totally worth it

what is 16/8 and 23/1?

Your fasting and eating window.

16/8 is intermittent fasting where you fast 16 hours and have an 8 hour feed window where you eat.

23/1 is where you have 23 hours of fasting and eat your daily food in 1 hour, 23/1 is good for losing weight because you cannot really eat a ton, and natty people don't need to really go beyond 180 if they want to look good.

Works pretty well for me. Stop eating at 9pm and start eating after 2pm the next day. Drinking black coffee and taking Naltrexone helps suppress my appetite.

i love you guys

>naltrexone
you an ex junkie or something

I can't work with no food for that long

Not productive enough without carbs in the morning

this is honestly probably mental and part conditioning.

it was hard for me to do IF at first, but now I have no problems with hunger during the day and it doesn't effect my thinking.
Also I get a shitton more work done because I don't have to stop for lunch.

once your body adjusts its pretty easy. 16 hours is the magic number. after 16 hours your body starts using fat for fuel

>23/1

Damn, you're insane. 16/8 is manageable so far but that just seems godawful. Props to you

When do you guys work out

I work from 9-5, so do I eat a meal at 6, workout from 8-9 and then eat a huge meal at 10-11?

Day 5, the migraines won't go away.
Doing 18/6, drinking water like I'm paid for it.

So right after your body starts using fat for fuel you start drowning yourself on food?

Doesnt sound logical desu

Been doing 16/8 for 2+months to support cutting. Wouldnt do it on a bulk. Dont listen to these trolls that say that it will only work if you fast for at least 16 hours. Its about hunger management, you will need less food for the day, and only be hungry for 8 hours in contrary to cutting normally, where youd be hungry all day.
It also makes you more alert, because if you dont occupy yourself with something, the hunger will take over
Do it, and stick with it, faggot

Also drink coffee with sweeteners, it helps a lot

Drink some saltwater dumbass

i want to try IF but how the FUCK do you survive the hunger? i get so hungry after 12+hrs it's hard to focus on anything. is this normal? should i do a set of Man Ups x reps till failure ? or is there something i can do before the fast to make it better? some websites say to taper off carbs in the days before a fast but they're talking about 3 day + "detoxification" fast

Does doing this for long period of time 16/8 destroy your metabolism? brainlet here.

Google Dr. Jason Fung

Understanding the Role of Insulin

Insulin is the primary hormone that tells your body whether to store energy or burn it. When you eat, you're taking calories in and insulin goes up. Higher levels of insulin signal your body to store energy. When insulin falls, it tells your body to release energy. When you develop insulin resistance, your insulin levels remain chronically elevated, hence your body is in constant fat-storing mode.

Without the signal to burn energy, you end up feeling tired and sluggish. You have plenty of fuel available, but it's all "locked away" in your fat cells, and it will remain unavailable until your body receives the appropriate signal — a drop in insulin. This is also why it's so difficult to lose weight when you are insulin resistant.

The key to breaking this cycle is to have sustained low insulin for periods of time, and this is why fasting can be so tremendously beneficial. Fasting lowers insulin more powerfully than any other strategy, which then allows the stored energy (body fat) to be used again.

"That's why you start to use up some of your fat stores and you're not hungry, because you're, in essence, eating your own fat. That's the other thing that people are always surprised about. When they come back, they say, 'Hey, I'm not actually that hungry.' I'm like, 'That's no surprise, because your body is burning fat. If it's burning [body] fat, it doesn't need to eat," Fung explains.

"We talk a lot about what you should eat and what you shouldn't eat. But people never talk about meal timing making sure you have long periods where you're not eating. Look at the word "breakfast" in English. That's break fast. That's the meal that breaks your fast. That implies two things: One, fasting is a part of everyday life. We've forgotten that. We think it's some sort of Herculean effort, but it's not. We should be fasting every day.

If you balance your periods of feeding and fasting, you will stay in balance. If you are always in feeding phase, then you're not going to be in balance and you're going to gain weight. The second thing it means is that you can break your fast at any time. It doesn't have to be 8:00 in the morning. You can break your fast at any time of the day or you can eat two days later.

It's not that important … People, even when they're not hungry, are forcing themselves to eat something … Forcing yourself to eat when you're not hungry is not a winning strategy for weight loss. Logically, it doesn't make sense. But these sort of illogical thoughts get propagated and then it becomes conventional dietary advice."

What if Im trying to gain weight. Theres no way Ill be able to eat 3000-3500 kcal worth of food in 1 single meal without eating junk.

dunno. never read anything about adding mass while fasting. fasting for 24+ hours spikes growth hormone but idk how you would time that around a workout. i know you're not supposed to work out on an empty stomach so...

Do 11 am to 7 pm. You will sleep through most of it. Pop a melatonin if you can't sleep cause of hunger

>have a small pre-workout meal
>lift
>eat your remaining calories in another 1 or 2 meals