My orthodox christian friend believes the earth is 6000 years old

My orthodox christian friend believes the earth is 6000 years old.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_calendar
irishtimes.com/news/anti-darwin-minister-in-serbia-resigns-1.1158025
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there’s two creation stories back-to-back, genesis doesn’t take itself seriously

it's 3000. Cast aside the illusions of 'empiricism' and the world will begin to take shape.

And history pre 3000 BC is but misplaced scraps and highly failabe dating methodology

Earth is 2018 years old you nitwit

Is he American?

Dont worry in 2000 years they might be able to have an ecumenical council to decide on whether it is legitimate to hold an ecumenical council on the matter.

Next you'll be telling me the world isn't a mobius strip.

Is yec standard in orthodox christianity? Always thought of it as an autistic protestant meme

The Byzantine calendar dates creation to 5509 BC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_calendar

YEC being a Protestant invention is a meme, all denominations of Christianity were traditionally YEC.

He’s correct

No orthodox churches adhere to it, but you do get dingbats who spout it every now and again because orthodox countries are very ripe ground for bullshit to grow.

>orthodox countries are very ripe ground for bullshit to grow.
Wrong.

I'm from an orthodox country man, I've seen the bullshit first hand. To be clear I'm not saying the bullshit has any relation to orthodoxy, but rather that the OC went through enough crap to make people pliable to that kind of nonsense.

>The world will make sense once you can personally decide what happened
Who'd have thought?

He's right. About 6022 years old by my reckoning.

First is God's, from Day One, second is Adam's, from Day Six.

No, it's about 6022.

Good Christians believe the bible, not "scientists".

Not a dime's worth of difference between the OC and RCC.

When in the last 6000 years did the dinosaurs die out?

My orthodox priest believes the seven days of creation are a metaphore/simplification of millions of years

>believing in (((Dinosaurs)))

Yes, but does he believe that Jesus was born from Anal Sex?

>Always thought of it as an autistic protestant meme
These days it mostly is, but is correct that it used to be common.

>Not a dime's worth of difference between the OC and RCC.
Are you retarded or just Protestant?

Some still live.

Soft tissue from a T-Rex was found not that many years ago.

Then he does not believe the bible.

Let's say each day is 1 million years. Adam was created on Day Six. Let's say at the last possible second, which would still be last of 31,536,000,000,000 seconds.

Adam lived through Day Seven. Day Seven was "good". So, no fall yet.

And that makes Adam at a minimum, 1,000,000 years old before he even meets Eve.

One pope. A patriarchy. Both pagan organizations. Neither matters to the Kingdom of God.

Daniel 2
This image’s head was of fine gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay.

"legs of iron" is the Roman empire. One leg ruled for a thousand years, and then the other leg ruled for a thousand years.

Not a dime's worth of difference between the two legs, and both will be demolished by Jesus:

Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Is there an age for Adams death? Wasn't he meant to live in Eden for eternity?

There are human remains older than that

It's not standard but your'e wrong if you believe only protestants may adopt a creationist outlook.
irishtimes.com/news/anti-darwin-minister-in-serbia-resigns-1.1158025

Orthodoxy isn’t very popular in the states.

This never happens.

It's not, but you'll still get Catholic and Orthodox YEC's every now and then.

If they existed and aren't just Nephilim bones or anything, then they all died out with the flood.

Just like the Nephilim, for instance.

>all denominations of Christianity were traditionally YEC.

YEC didn't exist before the 1800s. Ancient and medieval Christians believing that the Earth was only a few thousand years old didn't have evidence for anything else and didn't consider it to be a vital part of the faith anyway, they just took it for granted that it was true. Modern YECs disregard the evidence for evolution in favour of a form of biblical literalism (presented as science) that never really existed before the 1900s.

This. It's disingenuous to state that Christians were YECs because they were just agreeing with the scientific consensus at the time.

The bible has no time line before the fall. Adam an Eve could have lived 100,000,000 years before Eve sinned and death became a thing.

See

anymore