Hey Veeky Forums I've been inspired by Conor McGregor and was thinking about, as part of my summer cut...

Hey Veeky Forums I've been inspired by Conor McGregor and was thinking about, as part of my summer cut, joining an MMA gym. Is this a good idea or no? If yes is what is some essential advice I'll need? Also what should I expect from it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4mhrWnEJZEU
youtube.com/watch?v=12fkxxt6mJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cnVNfqz6OyY
youtube.com/watch?v=jMx_3yHxPVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Inspired by Conor McGregor
Lol.

You should watch some real MMA Fights, for example Pride FC. If that irish pub fighter can motivate you, you're going to jack off to Silva Wand, Don Fry, Fedor, Mirko Crocop.

My advice: get better role models

I mainly like him because he's white and beats up minorities tho

youtube.com/watch?v=4mhrWnEJZEU

Plus you have to admit his last fight with Nate Diaz was probably the GOAT.

Can't wait to watch him beat the shit out of Mayweather.

Nate Diaz got him once tho. They're a split record. Bs he's gonna running away trying to start something with money b4 he gives the Stockton Kid another shot.
>2-0-9
>0
>9

How are they better role models in any way?

Nate Diaz is an amazing fighter, and I have hella respect for being able to stay in the fight. I'm just saying his fight with Diaz was great.

>2-0-9
I'm pretty new to the sport what does this mean?

How can black boys even compete with this Irish stallion

Why you got to hate on Connor?

I bet he can split your like zyzy ass in half in no time

They aren't, it's like old fogeys being convinced 1990s pixel games played on a 486 are better games than the current gen.

>mfw manlets fighting in lightweight think they're tough

Nothing for MMA. It's the area code for Stockton area. He's from Stockton. I'm from the same area. Connor can get fucked for running away from the only contender he's ever had. He's all Showtime and no substance. He's not a real competitor. Dana White is probably pissed as fuck McGregor-diaz 3 is being put on the back burner so Connor can fight a boxer.

All depends on thr gym. Anywhere that teaches BJJ and Muay Thai is gonna be acceptable. See if the instructors were ever good competitors.

Ideally you'd go to two schools: one that teaches grappling, and the other striking. That way you're getting the best of each. Go to a boxing place and a wrestling or judo place, for example. But in reality thats not always feasable and a good mma gym should be ok.

Just make sure that you get your exercise from your martial arts, and don't do exercise instead of martial arts. Lots of mma/fitness places do that.

Expect to learn how to fight.

>Hella respect for staying in the fight
You do know that Diaz beat McGregor once right?
McGregor has no chance out boxing Floyd just as Floyd would have no chance in the octagon. But as it is it's set up as a possible boxing match so Floyd will rock him.

there is absolutely nothing worse than MMA hipsters

if you're going to be an MMA hipster, at least get Wanderlei Silva right (who the fuck is Silva Wand) and spell Don's last name correctly

idiot

calling McGregor a pub fighter and then citing Don Frye as a """"real""" MMA fighter is laughable

webm related, it's you if i catch you in the streets

Floyd is 40 years old. At his peak I'd agree with you, however Floyd has traditionally had problems with southpaws (admittedly never losing to one), McGregor has a knack for learning all his opponets weaknesses (this time drawing on almost a full career to study), has until l think around September to train, McGregor can out shit talk Floyd, has a longer reach then Floyd, and hits freakishly hard and fast (though boxing gloves may slow him down). The betting markets are going to favor Floyd for sure, but you'd be a fool to count Conor out.

>You do know that Diaz beat McGregor once right?

Yes obviously I know that. I also know he got his ass whupped at the beginning of the 2nd match and I was saying its a testament to his strength that he was able to stay in the whole time, though you kind of ruined that by being a little bitch about it.

How many times per week should one go to a mma gym? Everyday or about the amount I'd go to lift (ussually 3)?

>tfw lanklets have to roid to look like a really skinny twink and have bones so fragile that they get amputee from a bit stronger punch.

youtube.com/watch?v=12fkxxt6mJQ

you were saying lanklet?

if its something you have to think about dont do it youl just get your ass handed to you and then youl quit

I think he's just talking about training, not fighting. And if he doesn't know much about it wtf is wrong with asking questions? That was honestly a nigger tier post.

this is real life and not a video game kid whats even the point of doing this stupid shit youl just get beaten the fuck up by everybody then youl go home and cry to your mother, if your gonna do some sport leizure atleast pick something thats as gay as you are; like tennis for example

Make sure you do starting strength first, 3 months and you'll be the strongest in the gym. It will help your BJJ/Wrestling out incredibly. Boxing is pure technique you punch harder by punching lots.

>when will they learn?

>not idolizing don frye
dude was a fucking aesthetic beast and was manly as fuck. mcgregor's like an overgrown child in comparison

plus, there is nothing motvational about fighters that aren't heavyweights in my opinion. the knowledge that literally any heavyweight with some competence could have mcgregor beat within 2 minutes makes him seem less imposing and more sort of sport specific if you get me. however i still think mcgregor is a great fighter and a great athlete and i wish him the best

???

the manlet got fucked up, the lanklet didnt even look hurt

Lol what? The lanklet got btfo and started hitting him with keys.

If you want to fight, BJJ and kickboxing if wanting to compete. Boxing alone if not, I have done all working twords golden gloves next year. Brother is a pro runs gym. Cheap donations to workout 80-200 a year.

If it is a boxing match Connor is going to get knocked the fuck out. Floyd is a freak never beaten his defense is to good, and McGregor won't be able to hit him even if pinned on rope. MMA fighters are pretty shit boxers

>nothing worse than MMA hipsters
>tries to 1-up hipster on subject
>nothing worse

Yeah. It's this. The problem that McGregor would run into is FANTASTIC technique, strategy, and experience. When is the last time McGregor went 12 rounds with anyone? Boxing is a different animal with different techniques and strategies. Much more than just fighting.

>MMA fighters are shit boxers
Conor is one of the best boxers in the ufc
>McGregor wouldnt be able to hit him even if pinned on a rope
he wold struggle to hit Conor as well, conor is an amazing mover

So then it comes down to strategy and I don't see McGregor winning 12 rounds of endurance fighting like money would want to do. Your scenario is exactly the kind of fight money wants. It's how he beat pac too.

you must be kidding

boxing is vastly different from MMA, with some significantly different demands. it goes without saying that boxing by MMA standards is not the same as boxing standards in the sport of boxing. mcgregor is the current best at his level in MMA, which is not boxing, period. mayweather however is undefeated and is a master of the specific sport of boxing, of which mcgregor has a serious lack of experience.
there is literally no reason to believe that some MMA fighter is going to be able to stand up against the world's greatest boxer. sure, mcgregor is an outstanding MMA fighter, but that's not grounds for believing that he'll excel in boxing at all.

Could someone translate this to english?

First, you must buy this game to master the basics.

Conor has fought 4 legitimate opponents of his caliber. 3 of them were nervous as hell and let the shit talk interfere with their usual performance. The other is Nate Diaz.

Now, he won't fight unless its for many millions of dollars, and the UFC won't give him a legit fighter because they don't want to tarnish his character again.

Conor absolutely worked hard as hell to get to where he is, but from here on, he's coasting and boasting.

the fastest way to spot a pseudo mma "purist" is if they dislike conor mcgregor and deny his accomplishments

L A N K L E T S B T F O

youtube.com/watch?v=cnVNfqz6OyY

youtube.com/watch?v=jMx_3yHxPVM