Hey guys, my gym has one of those shitty squat stands that offer no safety whatsoever...

Hey guys, my gym has one of those shitty squat stands that offer no safety whatsoever, I'm doing a pure strength 3 rep routine, and I'm thinking about doing higher rep squats because I'm starting to get scared. The fear of dying has overpowered my weakness so far, I'm increasing weights and using a spotter, but I feel that's not enough.

What should I do brehs? This is the only gym in town.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0xy7rpNuwoc
youtu.be/-Dn4SCrVgLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you had to dump the weight yet? It's still scary but you can get used to it.

do you have those wooden plyo boxes? you could set up those for safties

squat stands are infinitely superior to squat racks. learn how to bail and you'll get used to it

how do you bail from bottom position in low bar squat? just roll it down your back and risk snapping it?

watch clarance0 videos

In what fucking universe are they superior? All they offer is chance to cripple yourself.

Source

Not yet, but I fear the day.
I tried but my gym only has a few of those rubber steps, it is too save me.
How do I bail from low bar?

I don't have it bro sorry

he does high bar squat though where back is pretty straight at the bottom position. you can easily bail out it but low bar position is totally different and you are pretty much stuck unless you roll it over your neck or down your lower back. i don't know which one would suck more

Bro y u do dis

yeah wtf bro

>Not yet, but I fear the day.
You need to start practicing with some light weight, like 40-50kg to get used to it. As soon as you feel the weight stop moving you "flick" the weight off your back while moving your hips/lower back forwards so the bar doesn't land on it. It sound scary but once you get used to it it's not so bad. I mean it still is, but it happens in 0.5 seconds and it's over before you know it. When the weight leaves your back you can move faster than you think.

>How do I bail from low bar?
Same deal, but you have to have good technique, a strong core and proper bracing so you don't lean forward and good morning the weight. If you do you're in danger of crushing your lower back. You can drop down and do sort of a bounce at the bottom, and shift your torso angle and then dump the weight. It's hard to explain.
Basically you need to practice with a lower weight. And STAY TIGHT when you're dumping.

Actually here's an old video of me bailing youtube.com/watch?v=0xy7rpNuwoc
It's high bar and I bailed a bit early, but you get the idea.

My legs are too long for my torso, so I can't do high bar very well (even though I have good mobility), and I have to lean a little in low bar otherwise I lose tightness. I will upload a video of me squatting.

youtu.be/-Dn4SCrVgLs

Bump, do I have to do high bar?

How do I do front squats?
either I can't get my triceps parallel to the ground or if I do pic related it rollls of my clavicles and I'm left trying to hold up the weight resting on the upper part of my biceps

You gotta keep it tight bro, and keep that tightness all the way. You also need good thoracic mobility and wrist and tricep flexibility

Jeez my dude. Youre such a tease...

I wish I knew too :(

I bailed from low-bar by going to ATG and throwing the bar behind myself. As soon as the weight is off my back I hop a little forward to clear my body from the falling bar.

A one-person way to spot squats is to go to ATG when you fail and the spotter takes the bar from your back. The spotter only needs the strength to perform a few inch rack-pull with the weight you're using.

I think I'll practice this with an empty bar, thanks man

Definitely a good idea to practice bailing out in your warm-ups before attempting sets where you think you might fail.

One drawback of this style is that you can't use a very wide stance. You'll rip your groin going to ATG with heavy weight, if your stance is too wide. So sort that out in your warm-ups.

i mean, if u get completely clear of the barbell, over the neck wouldnt be a problem

Bro..