If I'm already prone to autoimmune diseases and inflammation should I stop eating meat?

If I'm already prone to autoimmune diseases and inflammation should I stop eating meat?

Is meat inflammatory?

Should I go vegan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7rNY7xKyGCQ
slimdownload.co/598546
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20592131
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammation
youtube.com/watch?v=WhYis4MMoak
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
earthinginstitute.net/arthritis/
youtube.com/watch?v=GFH3dXANut4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, carbs are inflammatory.

Veganism is all carbs.

>No, carbs are inflammatory.
liar you're a liar

All right then, kid.

Watch this:
youtu.be/7rNY7xKyGCQ

Okay but where do I get muh protein.
where do I get muh tryptophan?

how to not die: multi-celled organisms need not apply

How NOT to DIE.
How not to die.
Not the same thing

Eat only raw meat

Eat once a day

no inflammatin

Eat clean. Vegan is an option but too tedious.

Beans or lentils for example, up to 30g protein per 100g. You don't need chicken breast every day.

both mean the exact same thing, babe.

SAYS WHO?

Brainlet? Emphasis the NOT and try again.

>Beans or lentils
what if you find them gag-inducingly disgusting?

considering the "HOW" and the "TO" are in capitals as well, you don't really have a leg to stand on buddy.

explain in detail what you think the differences in meaning are for these two statements:

> 1. how to not die
> 2. how not to die.

If you want to be vegan, you should read this book. It's about vegan bodybuilding

slimdownload.co/598546

Find better recipes to make them taste good. Pretty much nobody likes pure lentils. Lots of other vegetables with a decent amount of protein too, you don't even need that much.

Keep eating them, you'll get used to the taste and after a while you'll start enjoying them.

Robert pls go

Great book, would recommend this to anyone. Changed the way I thought about what it means to have a healthy diet.

so what does it mean to have a healthy diet?

eeeeuuugh

Stop thinking of pleasure having to be at the heart of every eating experience, sometimes you just have to eat for fuel. You can train yourself to enjoy new foods as well.

Bean salads, lentil curries?

The NOT is emphasised, which changes the meaning. If you don't understand this you clearly failed English at school. If you actually read the book you would understand the context.

Pretty much my approach to nutrition was that a healthy diet was one that kept you thin. Didn't really pay any attention to the fact that eating right can drastically lower your susceptibility to heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc. I was vaguely aware of this before but this book explains it really well and made me more conscious of it.

I will say that the author advocates for an entirely plant based diet (ie vegan) so there may be some ethical agenda there, but overall I still got a lot out of it.

> is so certain it doesn't mean the exact same thing

> but can't actually point out specifically what is different about the 2 statements.

lol

Stop eating red meat at the very least.

I have psoriasis and saw MASSIVE improvement on my scalp by cutting out red meat and inflammatory foods like tomatoes.

Red meat is fucking trash tier food. It promotes inflammation due to a sugar that exists in the tissue and it increases cancer and heart disease risk.

Eat exclusively fish and chicken. If you wat a burger get ground chicken, it is honestly 1000x better than beef. Beef cooks dry compared to chicken which has a better texture and is juicy.

Red meat is for cucked retards who don't know anything about nutrition.

This. I try and view meals that I eat by myself as simply fuel to keep me going. Go for stuff that tastes good when you eat out with friends or whatever.

This would be a great video if he didn't talk like the biggest faggot in the world

>says capitalisation doesn't matter
>doesn't capitalise himself
Figures. Lunatics are rarely self-aware.

yeah nice

fyi both of those statements mean the same thing.

i know you likely realised this about 2 posts ago but you're in too deep to stop now so you're doubling down

i understand and i forgive you my beautiful baby boy.

Only that good beef is vastly superior to cheap chicken breasts full of hormones and sodium. Just cut the shit food.

>inflammatory foods like tomatoes.
god dammit

what other vegetables are inflammatory?

are tomatoes REALLY inflammatory?

>chicken
chicken causes heart disease more than any of these things

studies have been done about this

How not to lift.
How NOT to lift.
If you think these mean the same thing you are a filthy brainlet

Was my first reply but whatever, keep being retarded, it's an anonymous board.

If you avoid tomatoes because they're "inflammatory" you'll have a hard time finding enough to eat every day.

>evolved eating meat
>better stop eating it
kek

Seems like every food is bad for you

Maybe we should just stop eating

>>evolved eating meat
You realise it's the exact opposite right? It was WAAAAY more plant based for millions of years.

explain in detail what you think the differences in meaning are for these two statements:

> 1. how to not die
> 2. how not to die.

we're talking about now, friend.

How to not die means how to avoid dying.
How NOT to die means to avoid dying like this.

e.g.:
How to not play sport
How NOT to play sport. - implies you are playing sports but doing it badly.

They clearly mean different things

this really is an awful thread

>we're talking about now, friend.
You realise the last few hundred/thousand years are literally irrelevant when it comes to evolution right?

I'm sorry but are you actually retarded?

agreed

why are people even talking about "how to not die"? the original autist was talking about the difference between "how not to die" and "how NOT to DIE".

Lets give an example in a sentence:
"The quarter squatter at the gym was a perfect example of how NOT to squat."
"The curl bro explained how to not squat: go to the dumbbell rack instead."

You know that this in no way means that optimum health for adults is achieved by eating meat, right? I day this as someone who eats meat and actually has a functioning brain.

This argument would also support getting diseases and not vaccinating. Plant based diets produce lower cancer rates and neurodegenerative diseases.

There is little benefit in meat consumptio for adults beyond conveniece of dense protein sources and fats but if you are a vegetarian or vegan you can easily supplement omega 3 DHA and EPA with algae derived supplements and B12 and B6 fortified foods or supplements are good enough.

I'd also argue that bivalves and insects (most likely) are totally ethical to eat if you are a vegetarian or vegan. Bivalves completely lack the biological capacity to experience pain due to their lack of a CNS and brain. Insects also very likely do not experience pain due to their biology.

His statement is retarded but dude we evolved language parts of our brain in that time.

"The quarter squatter at the gym was the perfect example of how to not squat"

"The curlbro explained how not to squat: go to the dumbell rack instead"

I'm actually laughin so hard at you try to continue this argument.

THEY MEAN THE EXACT SAME THING.

Yes. Barring some GMO strain that removes the protein that causes inflammation (which will probably exist sooner or later)

It isn't normally an issue but if you are looking to avoid inflammation cut nightshades out of your diet entirely or restrict them.

Implying I live in a pleb shit country where hormones in food is legal.

They would BTFO any cunts putting hormones in chickens.

I'd have to look that up but I kinda doubt there's such a clear link.

I'm from a country with very strict regulations too but this is Veeky Forums, an American imageboard, and they have such utter shit food on the market it's scary.

Want to link an academic publication because every single thing I have seen suggests chicken is far better for cardiovascular health.

Red meat has far moe saturated fat which increases LDL. There is no dietary link between populations that consume motly fish and chicken and heart disease like there is with red meat.

It makes absolute no sense that chicken would be more harmful than red meat given the fat contents and lower cholesterol in chicken.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20592131
>Positive associations were observed for red meat, poultry, and processed meat.
>The strongest relation with annual weight change was observed for pultry.
Later confirmed by a control study.

>If I'm already prone to autoimmune diseases and inflammation should I stop eating meat?
Unless you have/develop an legitimate medical poblem with it no.
>Is meat inflammatory?
No. And again unless you have a legitimate medical problem.
>Should I go vegan?
Not really for any health reasons. Mostly not unless you really, really, really, want to.
Meat should do nothing be beneficial to you, especially with your auto immunity. It also increases testosterone.And the animal protein (duh)/fats found in meat are highly nutritious and are aid several functions in your body. Ont top of all this veganism and vegetarianism are rooted in a lot of pseudoscience and old-timey demonization.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/

>linking authoritynutrition
Into the trash your post goes.

>believing outdated bullshit studies

Why would you want to die of heart disease?

>Clicked first link.
>saw this supplement "chaos and pain" hurr durr faggotry at the top
>didn't read lol

>studies have been done about this
Yes about all of these and they are memes Read the breaking muscle, authority nutrition and saturated fat articles. The bottom five articles particularly go into dubunking the whole meat=saturated fat/cancer meme.
>Clearly not read ing anything I posted.
>Coming back with "lololoz authority nutirion XD"
My post doesn't need to go anywhere because unlike yours it didn't come straight out of my ass

This is a study for weight gain you brainlet.

Weight gain =/= risk of cardiovascular event

>Implying I don't manage my caloric intake

>Blogs

Unistall yourself from the planet pls

>Why would you want to die of heart disease?
Why do you want to believe bullshit memes?
>didn't read lol
That there's a real shame then

Only that overweight/obesity is one of the most significante factors for such risks.

>read the blogs

Kill yourself. You are an idiot.

Its illegal to use hormones on poultry in the USA. People don't realize this because they see chicken advertised as hormone-free and assume there's hormone-laden chicken out there.

Yeah and I can't gain weight eating chicken if I manage my caloric intake. I am talking about risk based on the actual biochemical interactions and what it is comprised of not proxy measurements for health outcomes like assosciating chicken with higher weight gain. That is totally irrelevant to someone who manages their eating well.

>Unistall yourself from the planet pls
If this is the level of argumentation you're coming back with, you clearly uninstalled your brain when you wrote your post
>Kill yourself.
Why thank you National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You never know, if you keep it up I might just do it.
You are an idiot.
>Projecting this much

>links to a buisness blog about seeling supplements
>a study from 2010
>authoritynutrition
>.uk/OPINION
>an article by a single guy who is not even a sciuentist
>another one
>some links against a study that was revisited a ton of times and proven to have had crucial true points as well
>complains about pseudoscience
xD

This is Veeky Forums. I don't care. You're actually a moron if you think those blog posts are worth anything.

>xD
So not reading again and more shit arguments
>This is Veeky Forums.
Yes, and?
>I don't care.
You've made that pretty clear.
>You're actually a moron if you think those blog posts are worth anything.
So i'm a moron because you don't read and should stop posting things you don't like solely because you say so?

Well, nobody can ever gain weight if they manage their calories. You can literally eat two and a half bars of butter and not gain weight but you sure as hell will end up in hospital.

>I am talking about risk based on the actual biochemical interactions
You're forgetting about the bigger chain here, saying weight gain and therefore weight is not a factor in cardiovascular health. Sure it's more indirect than red meat but still not good.

No you should stop posting them because they're trash and not reputable.

Hey g-guys new plaleo blogger here. I just installed my new wordpress blog guys and managed to debunk that decades of scientific research. Those plant cucks have no idea I just managed to DL 8 plates and took some of my new sup line, ChA0s MaszGAInzor, which is 90 % sugar but its OK guys I made it up the stairs of the gym this time without any major heart attack. Saturated fat being good for you confirmed

>No you should stop posting them because they're trash and not reputable.
When you say it that way I guess I'm convinced. I mean there can't possibly be science and research that backs up my position-. Oh, wait

>You realise it's the exact opposite right? It was WAAAAY more plant based for millions of years.
Source: Your ass .

My mom has an autoimmune disorder so they put her on a restricted diet starting out like basically vegan and guess what? It didn't help, then they let her add things back in, and guess what? It didn't get worse. Then they used actual medication and guess what? That worked. Anybody who tells you you can achieve miracles on a diet is full of shit. Also, go see a Doc we can't help you with advice based on your vague underlying condition.

Guess what? Anecdotal evidence isn't worth shit. Go eat as many pills as you want, have fun with a kidney failure.

Ok well you and Steve Jobs can tell me about all the things you've cured without medicinal help and just the power of veganism. Dude lmao I hope you're a troll just for your own safety.

Dude
L M A O

Actually I haven't been to a doctor (other than the regular teeth check) in like 8 years. I prefer being healthy thanks.

tomatoes are only inflammatory if you're sensitive to solanine

>inflammatory
What the fuck do vegans mean when they say this and why should I care if meat is inflammatory? They always say "inflammatory" as if it self-evidently bad and often say it with disgust, but never explain what they mean.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammation

tl;dr it's shit for just about everything but mainly your immune system

not eating cherry tomatoes, fag detected

Lmao what the duck are you talking about. Emphasizing any word in that title would have no effect on the meaning, just how you say it.
"How to not die" will mean the same thing no matter what is emphasized.

Yes, just fycking do it. High carb vegan is the way

That's a stupid comparison. Why not measure GOOD beef to GOOD chicken you dingbat? Of course GOOD beef is probably gonna be a lot better than BAD chicken

you should earth.
youtube.com/watch?v=WhYis4MMoak
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
earthinginstitute.net/arthritis/
youtube.com/watch?v=GFH3dXANut4

If you think it means how to avoid dying in a specific way, you are correct. If you think it means how to not die entirely, you are wrong.

>itt

tbfh this

>Is meat inflammatory?
Only if it comes from mammals, poultry and blue fishes are fine.

>poultry and blue fishes are fine
WRONG.

Same problem, literally unironically start gagging when I try to eat beans. I think it's the texture more than anything.

Says who?

>using "carbs" as a catch-all term