Is 0.5/1/1.5/2 respectable for a beginner that's into 1 months of lifting?

Is 0.5/1/1.5/2 respectable for a beginner that's into 1 months of lifting?

Laughing SO hard at OP right now

>those numbers

i refuse to believe any male is such a weak cunt.

why?

Most people take a couple weeks to get up to one pl8 bench, and I never see anyone in my gym deadlift more than lmao2pl8, looks about right

>1 months

>I never see anyone in my gym deadlift more than lmao2pl8

wut

dont trust the memers. its not anything spectacular, its slightly below average, but nowhere near bad like the trolls are implying. keep going, theres nothing wrong

Depends, OP. I have a 120 skelly gymbro who is 3 months in and can't bench 1 plate, but he benches his bodyweight for reps. I am 170lb and bench my bodyweight for reps also after 3 months too.

Everyone starts somewhere.

Don't give a shit about where your lifts are at until you have been lifting for a year. Focus on improvement relative to where you are at.

should hit 1/2/3/4 by the end of the first week

and that's IF you're a novice with a shit diet

This is pretty common. At my gym, the few people who actually deadlift only do, I shit you not, lmao1pl8. I'm a weak cunt and I deadlift more that most of the curlbros there.

DYEL spotted. If you don't hit 2/3/4/5 by the end of the first day you should probably just give up and become a trap.

Yeah those are good numbers.

1/2/3/4 is the biggest meme on this board

Depends on your weight

I hit .5/1/1/2.5 within about 3 months of lifting
Then I didn't progress for a year

90 kg

i don't think that's too bad but why does it matter? don't compare yourselves to others. keep working your ass off in the gym and you'll get bigger -- unless you want to be an autistic powerlifter, that's all that matters.

Sounds good, but depends on your bodyweight too. Doesn't really matter tho, just keep improving.

im 86 and I can bench 2pl8 for 5

you weak as fuck mate

>and I never see anyone in my gym deadlift more than lmao2pl8

Probably because you go to a shit gym

How do you even lifts at these pathetic places

OP you're doing fine,

Stats and CB?

awesome for 1 month, when i first started i was at 0.4/0.6/4/2 (soccer player, legs strong as fuck)

you STARTED squatting 4 pl8?

no way

I don't even see people deadlifting in my gym so...

there is no way he started with 4 plate squat. I bet it was 4 plate leg press, that I could believe

I have like fucking bar/0.5/1/1.5 after two months. Started weak as fuck though, could barely bench a bar.

Sometime the slightly attractive older female PT deads 2pl8 and VERY occasionaly some random strong old dude will show up and dead 4.5pl8. I've worked my way up to 4pl8 for 2 reps a couple times right in front of the squat rack. There's no issue lifting heavy there, most people don't life heavy though

When y'all talk about 4pl8, do you mean 4 altogether as in 2 on each side?

Or is it 4 on each side?

This is very urgent pls respond

1pl8 = 60kg, 2pl8 = 100kg, 3pl8 = 140kg, 4pl8 = 180kg, 5pl8 = 220kg

You shouldn't really give a fuck what other's think. So long as you keep increasing weight, all is good.

i've literally never seen anyone else deadlifting at my gym, the only time I see people use the deadlift platform is for barbell rows

Are you still increasing weight every session? If so dont worry too much
If you've stalled at those weights seriously reconsider your diet if you prioritize getting stronger

>most people don't life heavy though
wise words

Stop caring about what others think. It's all about the journey. Keep at it and you're gonna make it.

really good for one month

my first two years of lifting were wasted on shitty bro-splits because I was scared of the big compound lifts and/or didn't think they were necessary

4 on each side numb nuts

If your 14

ITT: DYELs feeling good about their shit lifts

fucking LMAO

I started benching 95 lbs one rep max took me 6 months to bench 205 lbs. So you're doing better than I did.

Pretty much this is happening to me. What did you do to break the plateau?

>Most people take a couple weeks to get up to one pl8 bench
Took me a month just to get a 135lb 1rm
>tfw bench 185 for 6 now
I believe I'll get 225 someday.

I can believe this, but I go to an "athletic club" in vegas, and I constantly see people deadlift 3-4 plates.

Most impressive lift I've probably seen is either a >3 plate bench or 5 plate squat.

Are you in this pic?

For me

>4 plate deadlift
>3 plate squat
>2 plate Incline bench
>2 plate power clean
>2.5 plate flat bench

I can only DL 3 plates and squat 2 and it's more than I see at my gym that's really embarrassing today most guys were doing a 1 plate bench and using spotters.

So really makes me think wtf when guys at westside barbell have 1000 lbs Squats

What kind of week cunt gyms are u guys going to? In my gym I pull 525+ at least once a week and several other members pull in 4-6 plate range. Sometimes we work in with one another and take turns just so were not using up 20 plates to setup two bars.

Pic related. Saw some huge muscular guys there don't get me wrong but they are all weak as shit (not lying) which prob means juicing.

I did a 270 lbs Box squat once (prob not at below parallel) and women thought I was Hercules. One was impressed. I was shocked.

Dude what. 270lbs? Nigga I squatted 495 the other day and no-one even batted an eye lol minus some older former PL guy who came over to tell me I should really wear a belt and knee wraps but that was it. Maybe because I'm a fat cunt though. 6'3 260 with 18 inch babyceps

I'm a skinnyfat guy so idk maybe I have a cute face

Only happened once though

I couldn't bench a plate after a month of lifting. Now I can bench 3. Don't sweat those numbers.

don't worry about this, definitely don't post about it on Veeky Forums. You are new, very new, just focus on getting better and only start worrying about number at least 3 months from now

Not the same user, but I go to "fitness" gym, and guys were fucking impressed when I deadlift 2pl8s lmao. Never saw anyone squat over 1pl8, and even 1pl8 is half repping. I'm not even joking.

I go to a regular was 24 hour fitness in southern California, not a PL gym or anything. Is everyone just weak around you? Are you rich? I'm in a somewhat ghetto area and lots of these guys have manual labor jobs maybe that's why

Not him, but i get compliments from guys who are huge, jacked as hell, when I deadlift 3 plate. Most people here do high volume bb routines and rarely if ever squat, dl, etc. For most normies, anything with 2 plates or more is downright impressive.

If your first warm-up wasn't 3/4/5/6 then why the fuck do you even bother?

>Is everyone just weak around you?
Yes.
Here in Brazil, the custom is to do 3-day splits with lots of volume (3-5 exercises per muscle group, 4x8-12 each, usually). Lots of people don't even squat or ohp. Women are even worst, I've seen lots of girls +1 year at the gym doing goblet squats with a single 10-16kg dumbbell.

2-3 months into ICF 5x5, not dieting properly, I got to little over 1pl8 bench (I was weak af beforehand), which was over what most guys at the gym does.

Funny thing is that they usually look reasonably good, despite poor programming/lifts...

Once the gym owner was trying to do weighted push-ups, and he couldn't finish a set of 10 loaded with 8kg load on his back. Despite this, he has 15' arms (no pump, not flexed) ..
>Are you rich?
Uni city. Mostly middle class fags.

>Most people take a couple weeks to get up to one pl8 bench
excuse me

As long as you're making progress then you're alright in my book, OP. I'd never fault you for trying, so long as your form in everything is great. If not then you should seriously improve on that now before you get established in doing it wrong.

I really hate the fact I wasn't a bulking skelly when I started lifting, the cut really stalled my lifts. ~5 months in, do I still have noob gains left since I'm finally starting a bulk in a few weeks?

Not him, but a lot of the novice lifters at my gym are pretty weak. Granted, most were the kids who lived sedentary lives in high school and never played sports or exercised. Because of that they're usually skeletons, skinnyfats, or fucking obese.

That's fine we all start in different places as long as you're improving yourself you're on the right track.

2 months in after years of not lifting... man I thought I was still strong even though I had gotten fat but as it turns out I lost all my gains.
I used to do handstand pushups now I can't even bench BW, but I'm still improving even if slower than I'd like

Hmmm interesting. When I was in Brazil on 2014 i saw quite a few jacked motherfuckers walking around. I usually do 4 exercises for like 5 sets of 8-10 per body part. Chest day, back day arms and shoulders day, and finally leg day. But I start every day with a heavy compound lift usually for like a few sets of 8 a few sets of 3-5, and then a few sets of 1-2. Bench on chest day, deadlift on back day, squats on leg day. I wonder if that's enough to make a difference

>When I was in Brazil on 2014 i saw quite a few jacked motherfuckers walking around.
Roiding is very common here, especially in beach cities like Rio. In my current gym, I'd say that about 40% of the lifters are roiding. It'll be higher % at poor people gym.

>I wonder if that's enough to make a difference
Likely it is. Most gymgoers here don't care for strength *at all*, just pump and size. Besides 3 day brosplits, the 6 day brosplits are also very common (chest, shoulders, back, arms, legs, abs yeah abs day).

My gym is pretty strange too. Started by a big powerlifter and is supposedly powerlifting oriented. However there's only a handful of guys that are actually jacked and lift big.

Everyone else are dyel faggots and women. Nobody except maybe a few of the big guys squat or dl, but just about everybody can bench 2pl8, because curlbros and shit.

What do the numbers mean.
Which lifts

t. Retard here

OHP/Bench/Squat/Dead

1/2/3/4
1pl8 = 60kg
2pl8 = 100kg
3pl8 = 140kg
4pl8 = 180kg

>Respectable for a beginner
Is a false concept. Respectable results are based on time and effort. If one of those hasn't happened (time), you can't possibly have respectable results.

The metric system is for communists and faggots. I've always read it to mean 1pl8 is a pair of 45 pound plates. So 1pl8 is 135lbs, 2pl8 225 lbs, etc.

>The metric system is for communists and faggots
Kek
There are lots of commies south americans and faggots south american, but I'm neither of those, just south american...