There is no wisdom to be found in thousands of years old text

>There is no wisdom to be found in thousands of years old text.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Vlasov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People back, even the smartest ones, were probably not very bright by modern standards. Simply because nutrition was much poorer back then.

Realistically what could possibly have been in the library at Alexandretta that we haven’t rediscovered?

>t. complete and utter retard

"muh nutrition" sounds like a poor college thesis. Your average Greek citizen was guaranteed a million times smarter than the average 21st century amerimutt. Even if their pool of knowledge was smarter. academics in the Middle Ages was far more rigorous than it is today.

I'm not of the camp that the burning of Alexandria was some great catastrophe of human learning. Most of good ancient text we have.

pool of knowledge was *smaller

Who has ever said this?

A surprisingly high amount of people. Including the writers of fable II.

>frozen food and soda make you smarter
there's just more people nowadays so that means theres also wise people in a higher amount. these individuals base their knowledge on the work of the ancients (like math) and are able to expand deeper thanks to that

this
Every fedora in the west
No way

>Including the writers of fable II.
you mean the game? why would I care about what some game writer has said?

I remember the Black mage "garth" saying it and it's just as cringy now.

It was probably meant to be ironic humor then

>All wisdom is to be found in thousands of years old text

If Plato and Aristotle's work was all destroyed, nothing of value would have been lost.

Wisdom? Sure.

Science? No.

>Old shit must by necessity contain wisdom.

Are you serious? How 'bout complete copies of Julius Caesar's Commentaries on the Gallic Wars, Livy's History of Rome and atleast one of the contemporary biographies on Alexander the Great?

No kidding. Just give a glance through "Against Heresies" or the references made throughout he classics and realize how much is missing is infuriating.Not all due to one library, but my God it would be a gem to have had preserved.

>being smart means having lot of knowledge

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Vlasov
> After being captured, he defected to Nazi Germany and headed the so-called Russian Liberation Army
Best general helps fight to liberate Russia from communism!

>defending the Bible with a caricature of a deformed idividual with serious brain damage

>It must be a Biblefag

a character in a game saying something is not the same as the writers holding that opinion you doofus

It doesn't, which was my point.

yeah but westerners have a tenancy to make their protagonist, especially those which are meant to be cool/likeable, as conduits for their political and philosophical views. Garth's comment matches the general anti-religion view of the fable series in general.