Is there a way to just make my brain receive less joy from eating food?

Is there a way to just make my brain receive less joy from eating food?

I struggle to lose weight because I enjoy eating food so much. Then I go on Veeky Forums and read about skeletons who struggle to gain weight because they hate eating.

Is there some way to just transplant a hatred of eating into a fat guy's brain to make him lose weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

mindful.org/meditation/mindfulness-getting-started/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroenteritis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Look in the mirror

Savage my man

I do every day. It just makes me hate my body but not hate food...

Eat blander, low-fat food. Food probably makes you feel secure if you love eating it that much. See a therapist.

I find that being anxious helps
Take caffeine pills

Well if you don't hate your body and like the upsides of making it more than you love food then you're not gonna make it.

just stop eating

Just makes it worse desu.

>40946516
>See a therapist

Or a eating disorder support group ( for binge or general ) etc. if it's that bad.

Also you can try to use Mindfulness exercises to help you learn to listen to your body and cope with the need to eat.

mindful.org/meditation/mindfulness-getting-started/

Just find something else to do. I've been skinny all my life, and all I had to do was... not eat.

my brain cant process this image
what the fuck is going on

>how to I alter my brain chemistry

Why not see a doctor? Psychopharmacology is a thing.

Some amphetamins have been approved as effective treatment for binge-eating disorder. They help you study too.

Sibutramine

As a monoamine reuptake inhibitor its quite literally what it does

this x2

Its because the food you eat is like crack. Start eating real, bland food. After a while you will get used to it and the cravings for the crack food will be less

Literally the correct answer

If the food is like crack, doesn't that mean the obese person is addicted?

How does one effectively discontinue the drug?

Like any addiction, you gotta break it.
You'll learn to be disgusted at casual eating.
Food is fuel for the body.
Good thing is it doesn't take long to change eating habits

>you gotta break it

That doesn't look too promising, sadly. The number of people who are able to outright quit a drug such as nicotine through will power alone is quite low. They do exist, but they're the minority.

If the addiction analogy holds true, it isn't reasonable to expect food addicts to straight up change their lifestyle.

hint: there are two girls

Just give up already then. Why not give up on breathing too.

I'm not OP.

Everytime you take a bite
Immediately punch your nose

If only there was some sort of multi million dollar industry around to help with those lifestyle changes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroenteritis
Cycle it 2 months on - 2 months off - repeat

Yeah I've seen cases of doctors trying to help obese patients lose weight using medicines like bupropion and naltrexone. I witnessed some success cases.

i quit cigarettes cold turkey. it's been a year now

it takes 2 weeks to form or break a habit

Even without pills there are trainers, therapist, and help groups that can assist in tackling food addiction.

Food addiction is a real problem, but going woe is me online instead of trying to do something about it be it internal or external does jack shit.

Also fat hate threads should be read. Last thing fatty needs is to get into habit of circle jerking and pity parties.

It's all about dopamine and endorphins. If you had to scale a food addiction on let's say a 1-10 basis (1 being low satisfaction from food and 10 being extreme) then you would have replace that habit or addiction with another (hopefully healthy) habit that can offer that dopamine response

Best advice is to eat food that is healthy and tastes good, there's tons of shit that is delicious and still healthy for you. Start practicing with different recipes my man. Also drink more water when you get hunger cravings.

I agree that trainers, therapy and support groups help. Psychopharmacology calls those things "epigenetic drugs" and there's evidence of their effectiveness

>Last thing fatty needs is to get into habit of circle jerking and pity parties.

Holy shit 100% agree. People can be fat without deluding themselves that it's somehow healthy... I think that's the truly harmful attitude

YES! Smoke weed everyday, once you learn to ignore the munchies you'll only want to eat when high

Cold turkey is the most successful method of quitting smoking, look it up.
It's how I quit a 10 year habit after many tries.
I also lost a lot of weight really fast (years ago)
Here's how I did it.
I hit rock bottom. I smoked weed for a couple weeks, not something I usually do btw. I just thought about how shit my life is and what I want to change and how much of a slob I am.
I had the realization that all these things I'm bitching about are within my power to change.
Laying awake one night back in early 2014, I clicked on Veeky Forums for the first time ever. I read the sticky and knew, not thought, I knew that I could follow this through, all the fucking way.
Do whatever it takes to get your head in it and the rest is easy.

People say don't lift for girls but sex is a fucking huge motivator.
Just try to change your attitude toward food, it might suck for a week or two but the change will come fast and snowball as the results come in.
Before you know it, one of those little tiny tuna cans is like a treat.

I promise you this: Once you're fit and healthy and really getting into lifting heavy things, you'll have problems eating enough food

ex fat cunt

respect bro