Look at progress pics of people who did intermittent fasting

>look at progress pics of people who did intermittent fasting
>weird looking body fat distribution, sunken faces
>look at keto progress pics
>they actually look good

is IF a meme?

IF while continuing to eat your shitty diet and expecting to look good is a meme.

Both are memes.

retarded anecdotal comparison, but with keto you have better chance to keep a better composition because of higher protein intake

It's an apples to oranges comparison. One is when you eat, and the other is what you eat.

why the zippers.

am i doing intermittent fasting if i only eat from 2pm to 10pm?

The things you posted are due to genetics

why not just do both, lad

Because women's clothes are founded on pointless decoration

Yes, that would be a fairly standard "16/8" arrangement.

I've done both keto and IF. I would recommend keto for fatties just starting out, and IF as "phase 2" to start recomping.

Is it possible to do IF while on the Keto Diet?

Just asking. I've been doing IF for 3 months now and I'm rarely ever hungry. I feel like I'm having to force myself to eat, and when I do, I'm bloated as all fuck. It's to the point where I'm not doing the 20/4 arrangement and I'm still barely ever hungry and I'm worried that I may loose too much winter bulk gains.

Did it for a month, nearly went insane.

Good results though

Is keto just being under a certain amount of carbs per day?

I'm doing IF (like 18:6 most days) and I eat at least 100g of protein and try to keep my carbs under 30g. Am i doing it right?

also, am mega fatty but working on it.

How does that even work?

IF says absolutely nothing about what macros you consume. You could eat pretty much any amount of protein within your window.

IF =/= low protein.

With IF I literally eat the exact same calories and macros as I did before. All that changed was that I took my morning meal and stuck it in between lunch and dinner. Same calories, same nutrients but eaten in a 6 hour window giving an 18 hour fast.

IF gets its results from how it handles you insulin and metabolism, not so much how many calories you eat.

looked at her ig. her nose it to big. that'll help me sleep tonight.

ketosis is what happens when your body starts burning fat as it's main source of fuel as it causes ketone levels to raise.

instead of eating carbs and burning those before you start burning fat, you eat more fat and burn that before you burn up the fat that you've stored..

some studies say that it helps with insulin sensitivity much like fasting does but I'd be fucked to look them up for you.

>as it causes ketone levels to raise.
this also happens in die-beet-us because your body stops eating blood sugar (which inturn cuts your insides all to shit) and digests fat instead

>recomping
LOL

I'm down to a two hour window and I know that feel. I usually end up having a couple spoonfuls of sugar free peanut butter to get my last couple hundred calories.

I'm retarded meant to reply to

I naturally eat 16/8 but with shitty food. What's so special about it?

gives your bod time to process and regulate your blood sugar without constantly shoving more inside of you.

fuck you, helga is perfect

You can do both.

Intermittent fasting was invented by a retard 1st year kinesiology student on Reddit whose rational for the plan was that brown people fast during Ramadan and brown people are all skinny. Literally that is where the plan came from. I can't believe you faggots are still talking about it 9 years later

Yes. You're doing it right. But I'd aim for

hang yourself from a palm tree

What would happen if you fasted for 10 days straight every month for one year?

Which site?

you'd lose about 5 lbs of fat each time

What about metabolism wise

it would improve. fasting is better than simply reducing calories every day.

you'd be more sensitive to insulin as well.

Yea I love fasting. I used it extensively when I got down to my lowest body fat about a year and a half ago. The longest I did was 10 days straight and I think it wasn't too sifficult to consider repeating it regularly.

nice. i'm about 53 hours into a fast (my longest so far). it's been pretty damn easy.

Cronometer. Activate keto settings under "profile," set protein goal (per kg is per lb * 2.2), net carb goals, and body fat percentage.

holy shit, if there's a hotter girl alive then I'd love to see her. 10/10

Please go run in traffic you imbecile. Not worthy of oxygen

The worst part for me is the boredom. You don't actually realize how much time you spend on food and eating until you stop for a few days. If you have a lot going on it might not be as bad though.

I'm on day 4 right now of 16/8. I'm rarely hungry now and I feel more focused and sharp.

>tfw feels good

lol, fuck yes. i've been on Veeky Forums much more than normal.

What if I combine IF with Keto?
Do I become a demigod?

No imagination?
Gay?

you are more likely to eat more protein compared to normal diets when you do keto, has nothing to do with if
if you eat the same shit, then its the same shit

why not do IF and keto at the same time ? i am now a genius nutritionist.

also quick question, what's max amount of carbs i should get if i'm on keto. i had some days during the summer when i did IF and eat very low carbs but dunno if i got into keto zone, the lowest i got was 40 g of carbs a day

Thats very impressive. What hour do you eat at? What do you cook and eat at that time? Does it fuck up your social life at all?

Keto is good for getting rid of like 8 lbs of stubborn fat, its not good for losing fat if you are 20 or more pounds over weight

it sucks for the first 3 weeks, you are tired and feel all weird

after that you start gaining a lot of energy and I actually felt much sharper cognitively in keto after about 6 weeks than I do eating normally

sleep was better too and I started having dreams again, I hadn't had a dream in years and years before doing keto

lifting weights in keto is fine and not a problem

it only starts to suck if you are into endurance sports like cycling where riding 15 miles becomes fucking brutal

>>look at progress pics of people who did intermittent fasting
>>weird looking body fat distribution, sunken faces
Show us some examples

>first day of IF
>hungry
>can't lift as much during workout as i used to
am i supposed to keep my lifts where they are? should i try to increase the weight at all?
what if i need to lower the weight?

Do you still lift? If so are you worried about your muscles getting enough protein after getting all busted up?
It would be very painful

OP, there are loads of morons everyday who take successful strategies they don't understand and give them a bad name.

What matters is pre-existing state, method, and consistency within that method. Anyone can just not eat sometimes and say "lel I am trying IF let's see if it works broskis".

Instead of focusing on movements with catchy names, focus on methodology and the internal logic used, and how well they mesh with the underlying facts about the body that we know.

Like several have already mentioned, your anecdotal approach is retarded. A lot of the questions in this thread are covered by just LEARNING basic shit. I'm not even some kind of bookworm, I just read a book a month to really understand it and it's amazing how much basic bullshit you can spot from a mile away.

if i do cardio in the morning, but only eat in the afternoon, will i lose a lot of muscle?

bump

Not at all

for when she needs to piss

Mmmmmmm memes
i should do both

>Look at progress of people who did hardcore veganism
>Perfect bodies
>Also on the right side of history
>Not /pol/turds
desu non-vegan genocide WHEN!!?!?

Your body will tell you when it's hungry. So eat when it does.

It's the elevated glucose that cuts you up and turns your blood to sludge dumb fuck.

Keto is actually a viable diet strategy for type 1s and can even sometimes cure type 2 in younger people if they manage to reduce their bf%

IF for 4 months now on a exceptional fitizen diet. Easiest way ive found to bulk

when you eat in a 24 hour period doesn't matter, it's how much you eat. IF is just an eating pattern. If you were to eat 3,000 calories in 24 hours spread through-out the day compared to 3,000 calories in an 8 hour window it wouldn't make a difference, your body is receiving the same exact amount of nutrients.

IF is valuable only for one reason. It will allow you to feel full when cutting, if you are able to adjust to the hunger of fasting, you can reward yourself with a big meal at the end of the day and go to sleep full.

IF is valuable to me when cutting for that reason alone. I would rather feel full once a day then starve 24 hours and never feel full due to how the meals are spread out.

How fucking fat are you and do you not have any hobbies, extracurriculars, job, or school?

>Your body will tell you when it's hungry. So eat when it does.
Every fat person ever

>tfw only eat when hungry
>tfw have been doing IF on and off without knowing it

That said, I was 6'0 268 in January and now I weigh 249. I'm trying IF but with healthy foods only with only a box of 20pc McNuggets as my reward from this hell.

Actually, I was auschwitz mode when I did that. I constantly have to force myself to eat, and can accidentally lose weight when I'm stressed.

Or so a reasonable person with no knowlede past the sticky would have you believe

you sty were you are and go up if possible!
pussy
>no kidding

Does it hurt being this dumb.

>I'm back to doing IF again to drop the last kgs of fat I have.
>Am also eating at 1200 calories and trying keto, don't know if I'm achieving it but pretty low on carbs and I feel fine anyway.

Not sure of what specifically IF does that's good, I just find it great since I just eat 1 snack and 1 meal from 2-6 (sometimes everything just in 1 hour) and feel full. And even the days when I do go over my goal, I'm still losing weight since I find it near impossible to eat an extra 1000 calories in such a small time frame. As a former 120kg, 40 BMI kid and of all the diets I've tried I felt fasting was the best way to control eating patterns and lose weight without feeling terrible. I've gotten used to fasting that I do both cardio and weight lifting before breaking my fast, after while you feel better than usual and don't want to go back to a regular eating routine.

4 you.

IF is more than everything else about health.
Giving your Body time to clean shit up, regenerated and Funktion the best.

Well you can use it to lose/gain weight or to feel sated on a cut, but more than everything else your are doing alot of good to your Body.

Im doing 18/6 for 1 month now and im looking alot leaner + feeling great. Thinking about never stopping.

how often you reward yourself?

That's not what IF purports to do.

The point of IF is to avoid metabolic fatigue that is the result of long term caloric deficits.

When you look at people who use a low calorie diet to lose weight, it works well to begin but over time their metabolic rate slows considerably. They end up lethargic and unwell.
Then they up their calories to a healthy amount for their size but because their metabolic rate has crashed they start putting on weight despite eating far less than they ever did before.

The point is that IF avoids this metabolic crash by allowing the body to better regulate insulin among other things.
Then there are the benefits of supposed autophagy which are worth it alone.

It's a lot more than just a method to ensure you don't overeat.