Reg Parks Beginner Routine

Anyone do this routine? Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?

>Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?

it's shit

How so?

Because nogainers on this site like to over complicate shit, and expect a magic program to give instant results regardless of how hard they exert themselves.

>squats to boost test

>dips and pullups for natty bodyweight gains

>OHP for juicy klokov pecs

>wrist work and calves so you arent a SSgomad rippletitsasaurus

good routine desu

Do this, SS or SL, it really really doesn't fucking matter.

I guess because SS/SL is wildly advertised and both have active communities, while Park's is somewhat of a relic. I also believe there were other 'phases' of the program (A bit like phase 1/2/3 of SS) which that template doesnt account for.

I think the first stages of SS are fine. This subs really smoothly when you get to the later stages with more accessories and the weight goes up less. Parks stated it was for people with a little gym experience, it's something like an advanced beginner routine.p

The one thing I've always changed and I think Rippletits was right to add were the cleans instead of deadlift every so often. I p much do cleans supersetted with front squats. Awesome for traps. I don't mind sticking deadlift on curl day tbqhw/u either. Even if you feel that's too much I think cleans are a good addition, so maybe think about subbing them on deads day.

How much was your deadlift up to before you started subbing power cleans every once in a while?

I'm doing this. SS/SL/lvysaur are all the same.

I'd change it to be 5x5 but other than that it's good
> 1 month on Veeky Forums

>deadlifting AMRAP

Timeline of deadlift:
>1st time on bastardized SS routine - 4.5 pl8
>Get ill and can't lift for like 3 or 4 years
>Reset to 2 pl8 (super low but my back went weird and weak) doing actual SS, and started doing cleans not long after. >Cleans were like 1pl8 but it varied sometimes (usually down) while getting technique right

Wrt deadlift it's a case of volume: do you feel like you're super drained after lifting or not? Do you feel like the deads are challenging? If not, start doing cleans.

The other consideration is squat: 3rm cleans is roughly 5rm front squat, front squat 1rm is roughly 80% 1rm back squat. These numbers can vary slightly, but they're very closely interrelated exercises so technique being good between all of them you ought to be able to hit those numbers no problem. If you're thinking about doing Reg Parks you want to at least practice front squat form as it's tricky at first. Doubly so if you want to clean into them as clean technique is hard at first too.

>rest 3-5 minutes between sets
>routine has 21/20 sets
>That's at least a fucking hour of sitting around in the gym, doing fucking nothing
>>Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?

>not deadlifting AMRAP

The first 2 sets are warm up, so it's actually 3x5.

And you really don't need the accessories if you're a beginner - just complicates things. Take those out.

Rows? Eh, fair enough, but you might as well power clean because it has more carry over to the deadlift. Switch those up.

And suddenly you've arrived at SS.

People don't talk about it for the same reason nobody except nostalgists and hipsters play turbografx games anymore.

It's a 3-5 min rest only on the main 5rms and even then on the non warm up sets.

Someone gets it.

Wow you're new. Please stop parroting others giving poor advise.

Basicly i do phase 3 but dont have time for 3 min rest a set. Liked ss and tm but legs were getting too good and bench was/ is shit. Just decided to give it ago. Weight hasnt increased, been hard to do getting used to vol. Seeing better results than boring but big and for me its more interesting.

It's the best beginner routine

t. I got all my newbie gains off it easy

The idea of it is to get 5, or even 3 reps versus the previously allotted 4. It's a good progress indicator

If you stick A and B together you have stage 3. Good program after a plateau and the heroic Olympian look.