Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

1.25kg: THE PLATE OF AMBITION
The smallest increment for increating most lifts. Looks so tiny, but represents that *push* to be stronger today than you were yesterday. So humble yet so instrumental, it flows within the Tao of Gains.

2.5kg: THE PLATE OF JOY
And look! Add two 1.25 ambition plates and this is what you get. Symbolosing the subtle mystery and glory of Gains, that they are *cumulative*, which is what it's really all about.

5kg: THE DANGER PLATE
But look out. We all like to record nice even numbers for our lifts. When we can only do 107.5kg, it's soooo tempting to force 110kg before we're ready. But when ego outpaces gains, the form declines, and that is the beginning of all iniquities.

10kg: THE PLATE OF CRUELTY
That halfway point to the next lmao*pl8, and so the toughest part of the journey, when going back would be as hard as going forward. But fear not! Through the pain lies the hidden humble road of further gains.

20kg: THE PLATE OF VYNZBRAH
Yes! From *sixteen* increments of the ambition plates we slam on another of these, building a brick in the edifice of our newer better selves. The joy of this plate comes from the consolidation of all we went through before.

Naturally I use a letter code for recording my lifts. So instead of 137.5kg, I'd write TTCDJA -- two plates of Triumph, a plate of Cruelty, a Danger plate, a plate of Joy and a plate of Ambition.

Then of course there are the special plates:

< 1.25kg: TRAPPY PLATES
I've never tried microplates but will resort to them if my damn OHP keeps plateauing. Since the Triumph plate is already a "T", I'd use a little "t" for trappy plates.

Plates in "lbs": FAG PLATES
Only for use in lesser gyms where I don't have an alternative. Honestly kg is just so much more elegant: "60kg" is rounder and more trustworthy than "135lbs" - though I suppose lmao#pl8 is heavier and more impressive in pound scales.

Nobody thinks about this stuff.

Wtf where are the 25kg plates

How can you write all this shit up and then forget about the big reds

I imagine if there was nothing substantial in my life besides lifting I'd probably come up with with something this autistic too. Thank goodness I know how to function in normal society.

>autismo at its finest

>Veeky Forums fanfiction

2.5lbs= baby
5lbs=a nickel
10lbs=a dime

lol wut

this is why i'm glad we're only one board again

>kg

Yes. Just like last time you asked jesus.

spooky skelly

SKELETON WOMAN
Don't you try spook me
OHHH SKELETON WOMAN
Won't you set me free?

I like to call the 2.5 pounders "cookies" and the 45ers "pizzas"

kill yourself faggot

Mediocre

aww
aww god
that was awful
my dick actually turtled

what about fractional plates? what should I name my 0.5kg plates?

I wrote "PEANUT" on the side of every one of my 45 lb plates. So when friends lift with me in my gym we can say "put another peanut on". Cuz you know, it ain't nuthin but a peanut.

Other than that I just call them dimes and quarters or whatever currency they'd be kid pounds were cents.

This thread again?

thank god im not the only one

Are you the Mike Patton guy?