What percentage of the Earth's population can OHP 185+ lbs?

What percentage of the Earth's population can OHP 185+ lbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

certainly less than 1%

I use a home gym and do dumbells, I do 40 pound dumbell presses 5x25 and then some because I max out on the last set.

So I might be able to ge that on a one rep or few rep max.

When I did a 120 or so ohp with the weights I have it was pretty easy like pushing air.

Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

1.25kg: THE PLATE OF AMBITION
The smallest increment for increating most lifts. Looks so tiny, but represents that *push* to be stronger today than you were yesterday. So humble yet so instrumental, it flows within the Tao of Gains.

2.5kg: THE PLATE OF JOY
And look! Add two 1.25 ambition plates and this is what you get. Symbolosing the subtle mystery and glory of Gains, that they are *cumulative*, which is what it's really all about.

5kg: THE DANGER PLATE
But look out. We all like to record nice even numbers for our lifts. When we can only do 107.5kg, it's soooo tempting to force 110kg before we're ready. But when ego outpaces gains, the form declines, and that is the beginning of all iniquities.

10kg: THE PLATE OF CRUELTY
That halfway point to the next lmao*pl8, and so the toughest part of the journey, when going back would be as hard as going forward. But fear not! Through the pain lies the hidden humble road of further gains.

20kg: THE PLATE OF VYNZBRAH
Yes! From *sixteen* increments of the ambition plates we slam on another of these, building a brick in the edifice of our newer better selves. The joy of this plate comes from the consolidation of all we went through before.

Naturally I use a letter code for recording my lifts. So instead of 137.5kg, I'd write TTCDJA -- two plates of Triumph, a plate of Cruelty, a Danger plate, a plate of Joy and a plate of Ambition.

Then of course there are the special plates:

< 1.25kg: TRAPPY PLATES
I've never tried microplates but will resort to them if my damn OHP keeps plateauing. Since the Triumph plate is already a "T", I'd use a little "t" for trappy plates.

Plates in "lbs": FAG PLATES
Only for use in lesser gyms where I don't have an alternative. Honestly kg is just so much more elegant: "60kg" is rounder and more trustworthy than "135lbs" - though I suppose lmao#pl8 is heavier and more impressive in pound scales.

Its way different bruh

Yeah dumbells are harder imo, when I bench normal its easy but dumbells due to having to not compensate and not use as much stabilizing.

Ill try it sometime but just dont got the weight for it on barbell really.

Heavy DB press leaves a lot of room for injury getting them in the start position, that is why I prefer BB OHP. Also, if you are using dumbells do it standing. Never understood the people who do it sitting.
Also, the guy in OP's pic is fucking his wrists up and standing too wide....and has no legs....

autistic but I like it

You're literally going to be dividing by 7 billion. You need at least 70 million people to make 1%.

might want to delete this post and never mention this to anybody in your real life

lol omg pls be bait

It's the latest Veeky Forums copy-pasta meme, so while we can't rule out the poster isn't actually autistic, it's not original.

This. Don't expect more than 1% of people to be able to lift an adult male over their heads.

When people say they can ohp X in these threads do the mean for one rep? If people are talking about ohping one plate for one rep I don't see how that is difficult at all. I do sets of 135 ohp and I've only been lifting a year.

Maybe .1%. Probably less. Most people don't even weigh that much. 50% is women. A bunch are tiny asians and poo-in-loos. Skeleton Africans likely couldn't come close. Fuck, probably 1% or less at your usual gym could do that.

You can typically press more while seated because you are not spending energy stabilizing your entire posterior chain to maintain a standing position.

I did 80lbs db press for 15 before I did 185lbs military

I can do 200 ohp.
I don't even strength train. I just do bodyweight.

I don't know but fuck 1 rep max OHP unless you want to snap your shoulders up. 5+ reps for OHP always unless you want to develop permanent shoulder issues.

Too late, It's been capped, welcome to the meme machine.

I love watching memes be born.

I was completely fine with your autism until you just had to shill vynz.

Fuck outta here

fucking poetry

>adult male
>185 pounds

>less than 1%
>less than 70 million

Fucking lol

Try less than 0.001%

Welcome to Veeky Forums

>broscience: the post: the movie
If you're doing it properly and with a weight you can actually handle pressing poses literally no issues to your shoulders. You don't get to do shit wrong then claim it's the exercise's fault when you fuck yourself up.

>What percentage
You mean "percent".
No, they are not the same.

Also, it's less dangerous to get dumbbells in starting position while sitting.

>Tfw just lifted 100lb 3x5 today

I'm on my way to intermediate lifts

this

I would say its a very small fraction of the guys who can bench 225

I've always figured 1/2/3/4 is around 99th percentile, essentially equivalent to an 8 inch penis or 140 IQ.

let's say 10% have a gym membership and 10% actually go regularly. 10% of those might seriously train for strength but only about 10% will ever reach a 1.5 plate OHP. 7.5 billion*0.1^4=750k. times 1/4 because being younger than 20 or older than 40 makes it pretty much impossible... about 200k? think that's too much still. maybe because only in civilized countries, people have a gym and we could discard most of south america, africa and maybe even asia.

youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

I can do 155 lbs for two (dat bodyweight OHP). If I commit to a hard bulk I might be able to get a single of 185 in a few months in one shoulder exploding blaze of glory.

tfw 132 iq and 7.7 inch penis. :( how can i into top 1%

smoke crack get in the top 0.00001% of crackheads.

It's much harder to lift a human than to lift a barbell. I can OHP 185lbs but i'm not sure I could do it with a human. Shit grip, wobbly human, unequal weight distribution make things much harder

you are a legend

Dick size is distributed as a bell curve, a 99th percentile penis length would be slightly above 7 inches, 8 inch dicks are far less common than one per hundred men.

>tfw can press 225 for 1 but I weigh 235 so I can't even claim bw
Depressing. Bw multipliers are anathema to we permabulkers

I'm generalizing, a man who can 1/2/3/4, has an 8 inch dick and 140 IQ, there's probably only one of them on earth at any given time.

100%

>Have a lab measured IQ of 140 from child
>Have 7 inches
>Haven't hit lmao1plaet OHP yet, getting there though

>Tfw will always be stuck in this form

Its not that funny.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was the Mike Patton guy trying to force it.

Accomplished 1234 at 15.
Have a 9.25 inch dick
IQ..only 115.

if not in wealth at least i am the 1% when it comes to dicks. feels good man

>Try less than 0.001%

he's still right, though

no i have full plate or not full plate. there's nothing in between, nobody cares about anything less than multiples of 45.

for OHP I go

less than a plate: weak/you dont lift
1 plate: gj, you lift
2 plate: wow youre fucking strong holy shit incredibly fit
3 plate: prob less than 20 people in the world have this, unreal.

honorable mention for 185 and 205 but still it's like well why not two talk to me then

>tfw going to add danger plate to my bench tommorow

>prob less than 20 people in the world have this, unreal

Nah

I find dumbbells way easier than barbells, as weird as it is, and I actually feel stronger with them. My incline db bench actually is stronger than the bb pendant. Pretty sure I'd ohp more with dbs too, but haven't tried in months.

Shutup faggot

So you're stealing some other user's post from less than 24 hours ago? You're as likeable as you are creative ;)

Mark pls, not everyone wants to be a fat sack of shit

>160iq
>on my way to 1/2/3/4
>average dick

well i guess hitting 2/3 ain't that bad

Got those except the dick. Why live?

0.001% is still less than 1% nerd

Am I the chosen one?

That dude is obv lying on his back

>adult male

v-vegangainz?

>160 iq
>counts "on the way" as an achievement

Sure, you must be really smart.

Jesus fuck thats such a stupid quote, I'm pretty sure Mark wouldn't even be close to 200 pounds if he weren't overweight.

>adolescent male detected.

My personal best is 185. My goal this time around is to get 2pl8. I perceive the gap as being enormous

185 lbs strict press is approx. equal to a 290 bench with same strict form. So it's a much lower percentage than that of the 225 bench thread we had yesterday, really rare

>fatty detected

i've been at 147.5lb 3x5 for OHP for the longest damn time. fuck it progresses so slow

>.25 short
AAAAAHHHH

This meme is already tiresome.

We're not allowed to talk about him here, right?

Please God let this be bait

but breh, a nerd would know that

And yet the sluts on craigslist demand at least 8 inches.

8 inches on the internet is equivalent to 6 in real life, people always overexaggerate

thanks, i suddenly feel more confident about my 6.5 inch dick

this board has gone so far downhill, especially in the last two years, every thread that isn't about oats, bad advice, clarence, genetics and tfwnogf and has some semblance of creativity or humour is turned into a 'meme' and relentlessly posted to death over and over and over until it becomes a bannable offence, like the sips and brap thing. people posting that are actually big or strong? i dont think so

i literally have all of those things and still hate myself and cant score with girls, its like some gameshark cheat where i cant win

I can bench 60k for reps and when I tried to press 30k dumbells I couldn't get my arms up once

lmao, with 40 lbs pussy dumbbell presses you won't even get 135 for one. As the other user said, if you can do 80 lbs dumbbells for 15 you might be able to hit 185 military

You wont be able to push 30kg dbs until you can rep atleast 70kg bb

Probably 1 in 1000

Bodybuilding doesn't exist in Asia and other places like it does in the west.

Cut your tighs, it will help trust me

t.
>pff..lifting for girls, I don't even c-care about girls >:'S

i didn't imply he was wrong, just completely the wrong scale

200lbs
>fat
Nigga what fucking pygmy world you do come from

I learned a lot today

probably not america. In europe, the regular young skinnyfat "in shape" non-lifter (think soccer player) is around 160-180 lbs heavy, and only the older guys with beer guts get to or above 200 tbhfm