Thoughts on pre-workouts? I used to use Optimum Amino Energy on and off...

Thoughts on pre-workouts? I used to use Optimum Amino Energy on and off, and I did notice the effect and increased beastmode in the gym, but it had a crash later (minor problem) and also caused some temporary ED "stim dick" problems, which went away when not using it. However now, I've been trying Optimum Gold Standard Preworkout, and I don't know what kind of weird black magic voodoo they put in it, but something in there is not reacting well with me. Any ones that you all recommend, or do you avoid entirely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh1Pj-vIS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All you need is sips

i use attilus preworkout never had a crash on it all Natural aswell only thing i dont like is the taste very stevia heavy taste but it works great plus after you first order they offer you 10$ off you next one

Seriously? We've got like 300 threads about cuckoldry and bullshit but no actual discussion about fitness. Great guys.

Im also wondering about pre-workouts. All I do is protein shakes and I suspect it's really all I need but if someone could make the case for pre-workouts I might get em.

They activate beast mode.

is it just creatine? Niacin unlocks beast mode for me

for me it makes me more pumped, focused, and eager to lift. I suppose without it i would be fine. But for like $13 at walmart i can get 30-40 servings.

Wait you can get an ON product for that much at Walmart?

honestly at this point i feel like its a placebo, when I drink it I know its TIME to lift. sometimes though Im already so pumped through music and just feeling good, so i forget my preworkout, and after the gym I realize that Ive had just as good of a lift. For me, its all about that headspace.If you think you don't have a problem getting yourself pumped, and if youre already addicted to caffeine like coffee every morning, Id say dont even bother getting started. Its not bad stuff though.

Veeky Forums is in pretty bad shape nowadays.

I have set some PRs though while using preworkout. Could be placebo, could just be the caffeine, or could be a benefit. Reason I made this post though is that there's something in Optimum Gold Standard Pre that I'm having an adverse reaction to. Hard to describe. I feel wired and tired at the same time, and I also get winded faster oddly. Never had that problem with just the Optimum Amino Energy. I'm not necessarily brand loyal either, so if there's better or cheaper stuff that Optimum, I'm down to explore.

I've tried 3 different pre-workout supps and they all made my heart race something fierce. To the point where I couldn't even concentrate on lifting at the gym.

Now I just put a cup of black Cuban coffee in my preworkout shake and I'm good to go.

I've tried a couple that were highly recommended. They all make me itchy as fuck.

I just ordered some Jym, but I started taking Ritalin and its giving me nore focus and motivation...

how did you get ritalin?

all you need is coffee and ammonia

youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh1Pj-vIS8

That's the beta alanine. You build a tolerance pretty quick.

I went to the gym for the first time today without taking preworkout or any caffeine. I'm taking a caffeine break.
Felt completely useless desu. Luckily it's deload week, but I felt way off. Was tired as fuck.
Luckily I woke up later but honestly if you're good in the gym now, don't bother. I'd recommend a preworkout strictly for PR days (finding your X rep max).

Only ever tried the one sold at my work since I get a discount. First and second time I used it was great workout, but if I sat down for awhile afterwards I would crash and take a nap-- only to wake up less than five minutes later.

If I stay on my feet, there doesn't seem to be any crash at all. Right now I go straight to work after gym, and I still have extra energy.

since i started finasteride my preworkout combo makes me sometimes anxious as fuck and my heartbeat feels weird almost like im gonna start getting palpitations and get tightness in chest, dizzy and vision blurry.

yesterday instead of going to the gym in the morning after 20mg of DMAA and 1 scoop of regular preworkout (170mg caffeine etc.) I was lying in my bed feeling like shit for 3 hours then started to fall asleep on and off for 6-8 hours just staying in bed, even after that i felt a bit out of the ordinary

rip sick preworkout stack, sometimes have pushed +1000 rep 3 hour fullbody workouts with enough dmaa and caffeine

Also, should mention my workouts are 2hr+.

Brand is bodilogix, and my work only sells the pink lemonade flavor. Which I really like actually

I was prescribed it. Im on the fence whether i want to keep taking it though.

I seriously dont see what the fuss is about it. It just makes my brain feel like its in a complete fog, and it makes me feel crazy.