When did you grow out of the bench press meme and what did you replace it with?

When did you grow out of the bench press meme and what did you replace it with?

>Triceps/shoulder exercise
>people twist themselves into knots trying to make it a chest exercise

flat benching is literally so bad for you. Incline and decline are a different story however.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zsmeXwHu6W0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dumbbell bench press is GOAT

Push press is at times better than sex

>baby doesn't know how to properly do an exercise so it's a bad exercise

fuck off you newfag

when will disinfo agents leave Veeky Forums

been bench pressing for nearly 10 years faggot. Learn how not to do it like an idiot and quit spreading shit advice like you have the slightest inkling of what you're talking about

>flat benching is literally so bad for you
how come? :o

Because OP cant lmao 2pl8

I subbed weighted dips for a while, but that's because I was heavy bulking and stalled at a 300lb bench, shit was too scary to do regularly

benching is legit though

>decline bench is good

laughingwhores.png

t. sub2plate benchlets

Bench is great. Anyone who hates bench simply sucks at it.

Can confirm.

Used to hate bench a lot, as soon as I fixed my form and programming I loved it.

weighted dips all day, erryday, except for rest days

I do powerlifting because it's the only way to justify my fatness, so I have to pretend to care about bench press.

If I wasn't powerlifting, I'd still do bench press, but I'd be more focused on OHP, and really use bench press more as an accessory to improve OHP.

You can ALMOST entirely replace bench press for training purposes with proper and weighted dips.

Decline bench is entirely useless and unnecessarily dangerous. Don't do it.

Anyone have that picture of the manlet with connor.

My pecs are starting to have that tiny dibbit on the outer bottom corners. Is there any exercise I can do to fill those out or is it just instertions.

>its great mom, i get to lie down AND exercise!!

My posture has improved from flat benching - had to learn how to properly roll my shoulders back and I'm slowly but surely getting a straighter back. Is this what your problem is?

This is the only time I've heard bench press is "literally so bad for you" and it's from some guy posting on Veeky Forums with no sources.

that user might've been the wayne gretzky of physiology

I hurt my shoulders and was still completely fine with flat benching

> bench is a meme!
> instead, do curls, shoulder press, tricep pushdowns, face pulls, and cable flies!

> squats are a meme!
> instead, do leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, Romanian deadlifts, hip thrusts, hack squats, and plank!

same shit, different retard

how do I stop my left shoulder feeling like it's separating at the collarbone when pressing or dipping

I usually feel a tendon moving around when doing lateral raises, it's usually on my right shoulder. Some other shoulder exercises also accuse this little pain on the tendon. It's like the tendon is moving around the bone. No idea why this happens.

>people who don't know how to bench press fuck up their shoulders

>i did turbo flare retardo bench and now my shoulders are aching benching is bad

Try warming up better. There are

> bench is a meme!
>instead, do curls, shoulder press, tricep pushdowns, face pulls, and cable flies!

What the fuck are you talking about? You should be doing those exercise regardless of whether you bench.

Say goodbye to your elbows.

Seconded. Even after dislocating both shoulders, I'm now back up to 185 3x10 because I'm paying attention to form. Only need dips and front raises for accessories to fully hit every head of the chest. But please, stick to dumbbell bench and wonder why your collarbone sticks out past your chest.

You might be showing an underdevelopment of your rotator cuff muscles. Athlean X has some great videos on fixing that.

Here's one: youtu.be/zsmeXwHu6W0

Pic unrelated