Do you ever come to think that there might be more to life than being really good looking?

Do you ever come to think that there might be more to life than being really good looking?

It's not about living to look good, it's about looking good while you're living. In order to get the most out of life, you need to look like a sikk cunt

this
also it makes physical things easier

Everyday. But this is a fitness board

>Do you ever come to think that there might be more to life than being really good looking?
Everyday. But this is a fitness board
Corrected

But that's not true. You just think that because you're still caught up in the popularity game, as is normal in the mid-to-late teens.
Those things in life that are valuable - an interesting profession, a caring partner, healthy children - are only weakly related to good looks and are much better fostered by other means.

>implying i'm not mainly lifting to enjoy looking at myself

Now i'm lifting i can't walk past a shop window without looking at myself
And i'm not even that aesthetic yet

>implying implications
Dude, i also lift for myself and to look good. Its awesome to look at yourself when you look good

>Those things in life that are valuable - an interesting profession, a caring partner, healthy children
Out of those things only one has any weight or meaning at all to me, an interesting (or well paid) profession is important but you can have that as well as being fit

Dumb fuck im late 20's. Was a fat ass most of my life. The world literally shapes itself according to how you look. I imagine you just look like shit and wish you could lower the standard to your level, but that's not gonna happen. Get Veeky Forums and experience life or be a sad sack in your dark house looking out the window watching the world pass you by.

Having those things while looking good is better than having those things looking bad. Fact.

>Fact
this is true.

Mostly when you have those things it's irrelevant whether you're handsome or not.

But the interesting professions are often those that require a lot of work and dedication and have no upper skill ceiling. So lifting takes away from your potential in those.

That's vanity. It will do you no good.

Good on you for not being fat anymore and no need to be angry. It's just that not being obese is an achievement in a similar sense as not smoking is. It's a normal default state and you're pityful if you lose it. So again props, but the topic is not health issues but more vanity and the worth of being really good looking with regards to the potential to achieve happiness and fulfillment.

lifting really heavy things

I love that movie, I love that quote, I love this thread, I love you OP.

Veeky Forums familia

>But the interesting professions are often those that require a lot of work and dedication and have no upper skill ceiling. So lifting takes away from your potential in those.
No they dont, you strive towards perfection. Its a goal you will always be chasing and one you cannot catch
You wont reach your peak shape in lifting and you wont reach your peak career point. They are endless and there is always room for improvement
However the journey is always rewarding, you gain form and self respect from lifting and money, power, freedom and self enjoyment from work

this is what you should aspire towards, constant improvement and a learning attitude

But the other guy will be better than you at almost anything if he concentrates harder on that thing through not lifting, eating, sleeping 9h to achieve gains.

There's getting laid too

>what is diminishing returns

So fucking what?
You are very unlikely to be the best in the world at anything, the chance is basically one in seven billion
Be the best you can be and focus on improving youself and more importantly, your quality of life.
Do things that add to quality of life, a well paid job, lifting, a nice home, games, good food, travel, friends, hobbies
Dont just strive to be the best for no reason

Yeah of course just be mediocre at 10 different things it's what you'll be famous and remembered for, find your self-worth in, and also what human society is based upon. Base your life on the 80/20 principle.

Maybe you're not the competititve type. But there's a reason #1 is revered while #2 is just some fucker.

>Yeah of course just be mediocre at 10 different things
>sleep doesn't help with cognitive function
>excercise doesn't help with cognitive function
>proper diet doesn't help with cognitive function

>cognitive function doesn't assist with literally everything

Of course it "assists". But the wellness and oh-so-healthy types are never the ones that are on the top. It's a bit like the people posting motivational quotes on facebook are never high-achieving.

There's preparing for the thing and making sure circumstances are right, but the key part is wanting it hard being willing to give it all. For that, lifting heavy stuff off the ground and being tired after is overall more harm- than helpful.

Autistic as fuck. In reality, most people perform better professionally and academically if they take care of their bodies AND work hard. 30-45 minutes of training a day makes you fitter than most, and the medical students I know all get that out of the way before they even go to class.

Calling you out on your stupidity doesn't make me mad. You really need to stop trying the whole psychoanalysis shtick, you're not that great at it.

Autistic is a buzzword here, but since you bring up the medical example I have to tell you that I'm a resident and that I have the senior doctors in mind when I'm trying to say that there are a lot of mediocre ones and a few ones that are The Best and what differentiates them is single-minded hardcore autism towards their specialty or subfield. So take that as you like, it's not a healthy lifestyle, but any of the Hardcore Motherfuckers that is Just Better Than You will tell you that it's about "the last 10%" and those are exactly the percent you certainly lose by seriously lifting.

But what am I arguing, people that frequent this website are not those single-minded bastards.

Don't know what you're talking about. Psychoanalysis?

I have to go to bed.

Autism

No

no-one lifts for themselves. you sound like these chicks who say they dress slutty for themselves i.e. ridiculous

Why the fuck are we here for? When i lift, i feel better, healthier. It's just not a physiological change, but a deeper psychological change that includes acting more confident, but also be able to take on new perspectives and shape the world to your actions directly. You see a new side of the world that is more positive, a positive redpill, maybe a purplepill.

Don't you have some Herbalife to sell, you fucking hack

Sisyphus is not happy.

If your goals are all you have, achieving them takes everything away from you.

if you can not comprehend why his happy, then just kys.