2/3 of americans are overweight. Get yourself together america, jesus

2/3 of americans are overweight. Get yourself together america, jesus.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-boomers-sociopaths_us_58b9a358e4b0d2821b4dd797?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's sad that these people put our country to shame in this way. The problem is that we, as a society, have changed and have started to condone sedentary lifestyles and over-eating. Also, our government subsidizes corn, which makes it so that corn syrup is in everything. It appears that Britain is also experiences the same fate. It is a symptom of wealth and surpluses in everything.

>living in the fittest state in the US
>think the "Americans are fat" is a bit of an over exaggerated meme
>travel to the south or literally any other state
>not a meme our country is fucked

Colorado?

Yup! Love it here.

Pretty cool place. Too cold for me, though. Florida here.

Stay strong Colorado.

They make us look better. Let em get fatter still I say.

this desu

being rich is only fun if other people are poor

same with being fit

Less competition for me desu

Let them get fat

Obesity kills more people than terrorism.

What if I have a fat fetish though

2/3 of this board is probably overweight

they think lifting is a substitute for cardio or just not eating so much

Tell the US gov to stop subsidizing corn.

Actually ya it's pretty bad. I'm from Arizona and don't really see it that much but I'm in a mountain town. Although most the females that aren't in the gym I see seem to be over weight.
>look up US weight and health statistics. The main federal page has some awful looking stuff.
>half of American will be "Obese" by the year 2020

>in CO
>35 BMI

maybe 2/3 of Veeky Forums is overweight, but at least 3/4 of Veeky Forums are in good shape.

I don't get it, how did America's waistline skyrocket in the span of thirty years??

It really doesn't make sense to me. What major event happened that made everyone fat? I know it's not just America that has gotten fat as hell since the 80s, but unlike the Persian Gulf countries we've been wealthy and have had top living standards for quite a while.

Accessability of shit foods has skyrocketed. People assume a Dutch Bros coffee is coffee and doesn't have as much sugar and more saturated fat than a fatass dlice of cake. That and parents are objectivly getting worse at their job of raising children. With the increased cost of living most coupled parents have both parnters working with little time for feeding and raising children.

You can partially blame feminists who got tricked into the workforce. Prices skyrocketed and wages stayed the same with twice the potential workers. This leads to both parents working full time, with no time for kids.

Tl;dr parents are shit and they're shit cause economics, and the fast food industry is making off like bandits due to lack of education and bad dietary habits.

This was a well thought out response. Good job, user.

Internet became normieware, meaning the availability of cheap, interactive entertainment that didn't require getting up and moving exploded.

Combine that with the death of the housewife and the increase in fast food and career families, and you get a generation of people that didn't learn how to cook, don't have to go outside to be entertained, and can afford calorie dense but not satiating foods on the cheap. Snacking culture is huge now.

Of course, these are generalizations.

Also keep in mind as a general rule people tend to gain weight as we age.

Americans getting older

>hasn't heard of the paleo diet

What a normie.

fat old people aren't normal. skyrocketing rates of diabetes and dementia aren't normal

It's just pathetic. There is no excuse for being 300lbs. No matter how busy you are, you can choose a healthier meal over KFC or what other garbage Americans like.
"learning how to cook" boils down to understanding how to handle a knife and learning how to cook 3-4 types of meat. The rest is just side/garnish and is easy as fuck. No one expects you to cook like Gordon Ramsay.

And you don't have to go anywhere actually. You can stay at home in your free time and just do some yoga or buy a treadmill. The issue is that convenience and laziness won over everything else and instead of trying to fix it, people try to cuddle it so nobodies feelings get hurt. It's over for US, in terms of health and global image.

Oh, I'm not trying to justify it, I'm just theorizing how the situation came to be.

>>liberty university
They are all virgins/confused by their sexuality

>blaming it on other factors than yourself
I wonder why

Are you trying to conflate gaining weight with being fat? Someone fit in their 40s tend to weigh more in their 60s even if they haven't gone full fat mode

>no gun rights

Another issue is the standards are dropping. I'm not sure which is the cause and which is the effect, but when people at a normal BMI and healthy BF% are considered "skinny" something is fucking wrong.

I was obese at one point and didn't even think about it. I thought I was just a bit overweight. 6'4" 245lbs. I'm glad I got out of the mindset of "I'm just a big guy". Now I'm just overweight (231), but if I say I'm fat people tell me I'm not. I'm literally 1/4 fat and that's not considered fat by some people? Fuck body positivity, I'm a fat disgusting fuck.

CO has open carry and shall issue concealed carry. They have reciprocity with most reciprocity states. You thinking CA or MA?

I was thinking new York.
Maybe its the healthiest city, not the healthiest state?

The healthiest country is Italy.

>but at least 3/4 of Veeky Forums are in good shape

AHAHAHAHA

>being this delusional

At least 80 % of Veeky Forums is 18+% bf permabulk mode. People posting in the CBT are in the tiny minority. Most are too fat to post and don't.

Literally how would you even begin to prove that

I'm fat and I only recently stopped drinking.
I lifted and avoided cardio.

>britain is also experiences the same fate

I like in the uk and Ive never seen someone as fat as ops pic in my entire life

I think that when people compare the us and uk they just look at the amount of obese people. america needs a new category for being over weight. if you compared the number of "mega obese" people then you would see that the us is far worse

Body fat estimation threads

Fatties are embarrassed to post in CBT. They WILL post in bf% estimate threads because they're too dumb to get calipers.

In the CBT, it's the same 5 trips every thread. In the bf% threads, it's a BUNCH if new people every time, with a bunch of non picture posters talking about how they're 18+% and cutting for summer. Every. Fucking. Year. They never make it.

Colorado has the 15 round mag cap "ban" that has a million exceptions that make it essentially a joke, apart from that they're largely uncucked.

>5'8" manlet of peace
>185lbs 14%bf
>company does a health kick thing where you can get some small bonuses for being "fit" or working toward it
>I get listed as obese because of my BMI

I know people like me are a small minority, but it's infuriating that those old shitty metrics like BMI are still around when I'm the strongest, best looking dude in my office.

surely if they can see that, they would put you in the healthy category anyway? you can just talk to the person running it. unless its automated data input type shit

People tend to get fat when they lack responsibility and impulse control

huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-boomers-sociopaths_us_58b9a358e4b0d2821b4dd797?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

post body faggot

>Baby boomers are the most evil thing in existence!
>Just look at my Huffington Post link!
Kill yourself

Not evil, just sociopaths, there's a difference. Sociopaths lack impulse control and empathy, it doesn't mean they're evil, though they are more capable of it.

Whatever you say, faggot.

I am technically obese lol.

5'11 215 masterrace reporting in. Its ok tho, I can bench 365, and squat 495, so I dont feel too bad about it.

30 more pounds until I'm 200 and start my dnp cycle until I'm 180. Been making a lot of progress since I was 280 last year.

Hit a little too close to home

>I'm overweight but fit as fuark
>adding to the statistic

Top kek

>sort yourself out, Chub-o

Good post, I agree with every point except for it being a symptom of wealth and surplus. Most other first world countries(eg: Canada, and most of Europe) are just as wealthy and have just as much of a surplus, yet they don't have an obesity problem.

>travel to the south
I've been south of the Mason-Dixon line exactly once in my life. Never again.

Canada and Western Europe are experiencing a similar rise in obesity, just on a smaller scale (kek).

Also they're wealthy, but not "just as wealthy" as the US.