Veeky Forums i am a recent Protestant convert...

Veeky Forums i am a recent Protestant convert, I’m the only one in my family and I’m the only only Christian in 4 generations, I’ve never been to a Protestant church so I don’t know how Protestants pray. What do Protestants do and day during prayer?

>protestants
ew

Nice holy quads

>What do Protestants do and day during prayer?
Usually they just talk to God, there's not a whole lot of pre-made prayers in protestantism, you just kind of say what's on your mind, give thanks to God, and then ask for his help in the future.

Thank you

Proof Protestantism is the true religion

>7777

This guy secretly catholic/orthodox.
Dosent know what church he joined
Never been before to hear prayer

Read the Institutes of the Christian Religion

>hey Veeky Forums
>I am a recent protestant convert
>What do protestants do?

5And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

7And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

9So then, this is how you should pray:

‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be Your name,

10Your kingdom come,

Your will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread,

12And forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors;

13And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from the evil one.’a

14For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours.

Our KJV

Who art in bookshelf

Inken be thy words

Thy Proddies come

Thy text be done

In tongues as it is in megachurches

Our Book of Sovereign James, who art bound in leather,

with iron gall are made thine words, on a press, by no quill of papist monk.

Give us this day our daily division of pronouns between thy and you,

and forgive us for considering douay-rheims, as we forgive the papists for denying henry his wife.

And lead us not into the temptations of non-textus-receptus translations, but deliver us from vulgate.

For yours are the cords and the vellum and the square set type of gutenberg, forever.

Amen.

haha, this is hilarious to me growing up protestant. they try so hard to use modern references in their sermons

I don't understand OP's question. I grew up prod, and it's pretty much pic related, there's no rituals or initiations, if you want, you can get baptised at a church you like. I have a real question though, how to I become catholic?

>I am a recent convert to but I don't even know how to practice the said religion. I'm confident that I picked the right religion!
A person can't truly belief in some imaginary belief system when he doesn't even know the basics.
>God exists!
>Now I can think about some superior, guiding force that rules everything so I don't have to feel about myself and how a convenient excuse for when bad things happen to me or when I feel bad about myself.
Unless people start being confident in themselves, are willing to face the reality and consequences of their actions, we aren't getting rid of this slavery mentality, are we?

It's generally pretty casual.

If you're ever stuck and need a premade there's always the Lord's Prayer, but in general you're just talking to him. Thanks for x and all the other great stuff, please guide me/watch over y/lend z your strength and bring him/her closer to you yada yada yada.

The real fun begins when you start trying to make sense of just what tiny irrelevant doctrinal details make all the denominations different from each other.

>t. raised Nazarene

>Unless people start being confident in themselves, are willing to face the reality and consequences of their actions, we aren't getting rid of this slavery mentality, are we?
Pretty much, and that's never going to happen. There's a reason that so many people who leave the church just become "spiritual but not religious", and that's because the idea that the universe just exists without purpose, that nothing you've ever done matters, that everything you value is meaningless, and that eventually the universe will die and everyone will have become forgotten, that idea is not one that people want to embrace.

The idea of spirituality, occult, other dimensions, non-physical/metaphysical existence/worlds or anything you can imagine is one thing, and to be honest I would lie if I said that there isn't a part of me that believes(?)... feels(?)... that there might be more to our existence than what we see with our senses.

BUT... There's a very large difference between that and the slave mentality of some/most religions. If it was only about satisfying ourselves and our curiosity with spirituality/occult, then something like Hermetic Society of old would be more than enough. Most people just want to be told that "everything will be fine", "you are loved", "you are not truly responsible for your actions, it's the God's will" etc.. And that's the problem, I doubt as many people would believe in religions if that wasn't the case. Which is a really pity, because I have to wonder how different the world would be if only most people weren't mentally weak like that.

>and to be honest I would lie if I said that there isn't a part of me that believes(?)... feels(?)... that there might be more to our existence than what we see with our senses.
You ought to purge these feelings and beliefs from your mind. You can't be truly free unless you see the universe for the cold, uncaring, pointless place it is. To act otherwise is to replace one delusion with another.

Read Luther's large Catechism would be a start. Being a protestant pretty much means that you put yourself before God without some paedophile priest communicating for you.

>You can't be truly free unless you see the universe for the cold, uncaring, pointless place it is
Not him, but regardless of how pointless our existence is, that doesn't mean we can't make a meaning for ourselves. Our destiny is ours to craft and just giving in to the void would be like willingly uploading the despair code

>pedophile priest
As if your “pastors” are any better

At least in the US, there's typically an organization within each parish (Catholic church in your town) that handles new converts, talking with the priest can get you started with it. It typically involves some classes on learning about the faith and dogma and preparing to receive the sacraments (Your baptism, first confession, communion, and confirmation). This generally takes the better part of a year and culminates at the Saturday prior to Easter.

I think it's interesting to see the process even if you're ultimately not joining just because it gives you an understanding of the inner workings of the Catholic faith. I know some people prefer a more charismatic instead of academic approach though, which is one of the reasons Protestant denominations have a large following in the US.