Barbells are a meme. Gymnasts have more aesthetic, functional and healthy bodies all without picking up a single plate...

Barbells are a meme. Gymnasts have more aesthetic, functional and healthy bodies all without picking up a single plate. They have better longevity, stronger tendons, ligaments and all their cartilage still in tact. The only ones that ever get injured are doing "tricks" that are not required for optimal health. They're more limber too. They won't get injured standing there trying to look tough and pull a hammie. They have better cardiovascular health without ever so much as going for a jog. Their bodies look natural -- no disgusting overgrown manboob, balding, out of breath pimple body, useless outside a weightroom roided freak. They can wear normal pants too and have far greater functionality in real life. All accomplished by a set of rings they can shove in their fanny pack and attach to a tree to workout with. They can do all the workouts you do with a barbell only using only their bodyweight thanks to a superior understanding of lever arm lengths, stabilizer muscles and a deeper stretch. Now go run along my little meme victims. Gymnasts have trouble finding a mate -- said no gymnast ever. You have your lower back to snap while constantly rationalizing the pain you're in every day with muh gains. I want you to look into rippletits eyes, see the sole of a defeated, beat up and busted old man who can do little more than a handful of circus tricks. Now look into the eyes of the silver god and ask yourself where you want to go in the next 40 fucking years of your miserable failed existences.

nice blog post faggot

> functional
Also, almost all gymnasts are manlets

That's only relevant to olympic competition. Tall people can execute the movements just not do injurious tricks as efficiently as them. This is a canned barbell indoctrinated rationalization.

Don't you need to suck lots of cocks to get good ad gymnastics?

They also have constant wrist pain

only if doing tricks and competing. not necessary for working out.

No not really, none of them can squat tripple bodyweight.

you can have a very efficient and aesthetic body by running from lions for 30 years too
the thing with barbells is that they are the fastest and the most efficient way to get aesthetic and strength gains out of all

yeah. totally bro
thats why gymnasts quit their career in their mid-twenties at the latest.
bc its so healthy and functional and stuff.
fucking moron.

no you can become highly skilled at small subset of movements quickly. the missing ingredient from your fail strength routine is the ability to easily work your body from all angles through a truly full rom. gymnasts can work any angle with a deeper stretch. you can pick up a heavy bar and put it down in one plain of movement or your back will snap in half and knees pop out of their sockets.

>Gymnasts have more aesthetic, functional and healthy bodies all without picking up a single plate.

We go the the gym faggot.

t. a gymnast since middle-school

you dont become highly skilled at a small subset of movements, you become skilled at using your muscles by doing a small subset of movements therefore in turn you become strong at a variety of movements, in the timespan of
only a few years

I enjoy gymnastics, and I also enjoyed barbell weightlifting for 3 years prior to that.

You're a faggot OP. People that get preachy about stupid shit like training styles are the dumbest motherfuckers around.

I bet you do dick suckups for reps

no you don't. you read it every single day

>can back squat 400 can't even front squat hehe1plate
>can bench 400 can't get past lmfao1plate ohp
>can sumo deadlift way more than conventional or vice versa

you're training your body in a movement pattern that it becomes skilled at performing. actual strength using barbells requires maniacally doing tons of different limits and while on roids. you think the guy deadlifting 800 lbs just deadlifts lol your an crackhead

>tfw no fatsquat powershitters allowed

feels good man

You don't see it everyday faggot, you are distorting the reality to fit it to your narrative
There may be some niche exceptions that way, but increasing main lifts almost always increases some other pattern of movement
You would know that if you weren't a weak ass beta faggot who is too afraid to get under the bar
You are stupid, you should feel stupid, and honestly kys yourself
What a retard

>i'm strong guy i really am!
>herniates spine picking up a 5 lb box

lmao rofl @ you're like kiddo

>guy benches 2pl8 but never does any other exercise in his life
>can't lift 5lb box
Weak trolling

gymnats are all crippled by the age of 19 you fucking retard

gymnasts take peds, good luck getting strong and trying to achieve a decent body with calisthenics

work on your b8

gymnast vs 7 year old kid vs normal man

So what do you suggest for the average person? Pull ups and front levers on the rings? Good luck trying to achieve anything beyond that unless you've started practicing at a young age and are a manlet

>missing the point this hard and not a native english speaker

only competitive ones. only autists compete at exercise.

>no moobs
>no bacne
>full head of hair
dat der caffiene is cheats

I'm 6'2 btw.
>barbell religion followers using the same tired and defeated talking points

i bet you actually believe the laughably cherry picked injury studies they cite everytime too

all this equates to his having weak ass fuck stabilizers and tendons. you're gonna go push and pull hundreds of pounds while neglecting every other aspect of your body and get injured. being tall just gives you more lever arm length to work with -- a disdvantage in competing but an advantage in fitness.

I don't think arms are suppose to bend that way

This post has no point other than a retarded example for a shitty narrative that never happens

Post a pic of your body with a timestamp then user. Also btw if you are a training gymnist and your coach is not telling you to lift some weights, get another coach most at the oylimpic level do.

So what do you suggest an average person to do in gymnastics?

Lookup any barbell movement and find the ring equivalent. Handstand pushups/pushups from all angles, rows/pullups from all angles, pistol squats and squats with varying angles, etc. The ability to move and work your muscles from every angle and plane easily without having to use a million different implements is a huge advantage over weight training.

by your logic this little girl is shit at lifting but she can actually out bench your meme logic ass

you're a shit gymnast then

show any competitive gymnast taller than 6'

>>can back squat 400 can't even front squat hehe1plate
This does not happen.
>>can bench 400 can't get past lmfao1plate ohp
This does not happen outside of multiply shirts
>>can sumo deadlift way more than conventional or vice versa
Does not happen unless your buid inhibits one movement or the other. In that case you can't actually do gymnastics.

>entire point is to train for health not competition
>y-you'll never be competitive!
ahahaha

you think i give a flying fuck about winning gold medals while i do ring dips in your moms basement? lolmao

>This does not happen.
It does because technique.

If you do pl style reduced ROM back squats you will have comparitively shit front squats. If you never do front squats you will find it hard to do the movement. ETC.

She also got caught doping.... Good old Russia

Literally always happens. The best advice and only advice worth listening to: wanna get gud at a lift? Do that lift. Accessories are then added to break plateaus. All you're describing is identical plane of movements. This is especially true for beginners. The guys who can lift at a world class level -- ypu think they can do other lifts from carry over? lmfao. They train all kinds of lifts like crazy. They're constantly working every angle of their body plus doing massive volume on their main lifts. If there were great carry over there'd be no point in ever doing anything but ded squat bench but no good lifter ever limits themselves they do an insane amount more.

>Handstand pushups/pushups from all angles, rows/pullups from all angles, pistol squats and squats with varying angles, etc
So you recommend general bodyweight exercises and call it gymnastics. Right.

I think you replied to the wrong person dumbass. Also
>still no pic of your body

All gymnast can do is bench 2xbw which is impressive, but can they

squat 3x bw
deadlift 3xbw
snatch 1xbw
clean and jerk 2xbw

Using rings allows a person to achieve better everything than just your body and the floor. Rings allows you to abuse lever arm length, rom and angles unlike basic bodyweight routines. Have you ever tried a handstand push up on rings? You can work a superior perfectly vertical plane of motion compared to the press because your head isn't in the way all while working far more muscles in order to keep your body erect. The guy who can do a few handstand reps is gonna have healthier better looking shoulders and stronger everything else unless your goal is to be a fatsquatter

>tfw when I do barbell and ring training together

I think you don't understand english very well. You're claiming a body pic would settle things? Look at this little girl who is stronger than you yet less aesthetic muscle wise than your average male lifter. I can find infinite examples of weak people look strong and strong look weak. You want proof from me? I don't put personal info online don't need to becauseLOOK AT LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE GYMNAST. At worst they are toned and more physically capable on average than your strength routine shitter because it requires every fabric of your body to perform the movements instead of "get fat drinkin milk and pick shit up" retard logic from the strength community.

>gymnasts are better at gymnastics because they do gymnastics

Well no shit. They can also do certain lifts as well as lifters, but not all. You want to get good at something, train at it and you will get good. Aesthetics is a lot more than training and you damn well know it you fucking sperg.

b8/b8 made me reply

Oh so your a dyel.

Out of curiosity, how do you become gymnast if you are fat fuck?

Holy shit dude just shut up.

You're coming as an autist. If this is an attempt at trolling, is a really poor one.

just leave my man

have fun being a broken fat old man with funkshunal strangth

T.dyel

If i could get the body in the OP by sucking cocks i say bring on the cocks

Wait, you think that gymnasts don't lift?
Why in the world would they avoid the best way to gain strength?

Also, you think that doing shit like pic related doesn't put stress on joints? I would reckon that due to the technical and dynamic nature of the sport, it would lead to more injuries than lifting.

I ditched the heavy lifting for:

Bodyweight exercises
Yoga
Kettlebells

Have never felt better

Fork put downs.

I'm a B I G G U Y and not lean atm (20% bf) but can still do a bunch of pull ups and dips just north of 260.

you need a lot of training to be a gymnast
you don't need a lot of training to look good, just decent diet and 1 year in the gym

OP is a massive faggot as usual
I do calisthenics including bars and rings because i enjoy experiencing the body i build through all my training with weights
I don't feel the need to prefer one over the other because they're jist complementary ways of building and enjoying my body

humblebrag rating -3/10

>do bodyweight gymnastics beginner routine exactly as prescribe for 1 month
>get worst elbow tendonitis of my entire life
>go back to barbells
>goes away in a couple weeks
better for your joints my ass, that shit destroys your shoulders and elbows so bad

Show me this beginner bodyweight routine.
I'm curious.

And barbell meatheads can't do a single muscleup.

all those exercises are even below untrained 9 years old kids (who can do front, back levers and muscleups after month of training)
why do you advocate gymnastics by listing exercises for geriatrics

if youre adult you should at least aim for some straddled planches and levers and some tumbling skills

>t. second week into gymnastics class

>beginner gymnastics routine
>elbow tendonitis

not unless your form was absolutely atrocious or you were doing harder progressions than your connective tissue was ready for. that's not a consideration you can just ignore because muh muscles.

This. Hybrid training all the way.
Cardio works? Bring it!
HIIT works? come on!
Powerlifting works? C'MON!
Weightlifting works? ONLY FOUR SCOOPS?!
Calisthenics work? Then I'm fucking doing it.
There's no reason to train for a single thing if I can train to be a fucking ninja.

why do you guys even reply to threads like this baka op is raping your brain rite now, everyone is getting baited hard OH LORD DESU SENPAI