Why doesn't this region interest me? It's so big but if you take out Russia and Poland it's nothing *yawn* special

Why doesn't this region interest me? It's so big but if you take out Russia and Poland it's nothing *yawn* special.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Báthory
3.bp.blogspot.com/-Zg1CgRy7M2k/VaGKDNlbTWI/AAAAAAAAAzE/mZ_2-22Vt4o/s1600/Screenshot+from+Contes.immoraux.1974.BluRay.720p.AC3.x264-CHD.mkv+-+2.png
youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvu0QrOcocY
youtube.com/watch?v=aH8FNChzwxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you may be a brainlet

Dude, you can't take Poland and Russia out of Eastern Europe. Its entire history revolves around those two nations.

I think that's the point

because you are an american who never left its state and homeschooled by billybob

More interesting than anything in the southern hemisphere put together

What about austria-hungary?

Thats bcause you area stupid martsharter

Guys, that's copypasta.

the whole Baltic/Poland/Ukraine area is a complete yawn-fest but the Balkans can be fascinating. Hungary is the clear standout, those guys don't belong in such miserable company

same.
minus poland, hungary and russia

>but if you take out the 2 countries that have owned most of this region for the past 500 years it's nothing
might as well be asking why East Asia is so boring when you take out China and Japan.

there, i made it interesting, everyone happy now?

"Fascinating" if you like Nigger tribes backstabbing each other and being backstabbed by global powers.

Considering that unlike Eastern Europe there's only four East Asian countries max you'd be almost right if Mongolia wasn't there.

FTFY

Probably because you don't know anything.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Báthory
3.bp.blogspot.com/-Zg1CgRy7M2k/VaGKDNlbTWI/AAAAAAAAAzE/mZ_2-22Vt4o/s1600/Screenshot+from+Contes.immoraux.1974.BluRay.720p.AC3.x264-CHD.mkv+-+2.png

rectified the balkans for ya, Veeky Forums

>muh dik
The Balkan mentality everyone

>german autism again

stop, you will drag us down again

Too late

fixed

Hungary is not Balkan, you retard, and I'm not from Central or Eastern Europe.

>literal BLACK turks

>crimea is greek
this is some special kind of autism

WE WUZ ANCIENT HELLENES N SHIET

It's all rightful Hellas clay

>implying that Ukrainian Cossacks are boring
>implying that Vlad Dracul of Wallachia is boring
>implying that Hungary, with its wars against the Otomans, Sigismund of Luxembourg, Yanos Hunyadi, Mathias Corwinus, intricate power plays within Austria-Hungary and bunch of nationalisms, is boring
>implying that Croatia with Nikola Šubić Zrinski, Nikola Jurišić, ban Jelačić and the whole shitshow against Serbs within Yugoslavia, was boring
>implying that Bosnia in medieval times was not GoT IRL and was thus boring
>implying that Serbia ( and Montenegro) with its tsar Dušan, despot Stefan, later rebellions and liberatin wars and funkiest war music of the 90's is boring
>implying that Bulgaria, with its khans and tsars and guerrila warfare with Serbs and Greeks over Macrdonia, is boring
>implying Greeks are not Byzanthium and thus boring
>oh, this is his so Byzanthium is boring as well despite being Westeros IRL
>implying Skenderbeg never existed, and that Enver Hoxa wasnt the cookiest dictator ever
>implying that Christian history under Otomans is boring
>Implying that Great Powers power plays over Balkans is boring

You are just ignorant.

that's goddamn right. the distinction of being both a predecessor and successor to the Roman Empire

mine's better

>guerrila warfare with Serbs and Greeks over Macrdonia
patrician taste tbqh

>entire list of literal who's barring the greeks
*yawn*
subpar

/thread

i broke it

>Austrian Empire
> Byzantium
> Decent chunk of the Roman Empire and home of the Illyrian Emperors
> Home of Greece and Macedonia

Poland and Russia are overall less relevant and Poland was less relevant than AH until 1918.

>explain my interests to me
>xy is boring because I don't know anything about xy
>I post Veeky Forums because I'm a history fan

This map is so retarded it hurts

How small minded. I am interested in global games of chess between great empires, not petty conflicts among feudal lords and fairytales. This is exactly OP's point.

>great empires
Then you got conflicts between Russia, Poland, Brandenburg/Prussia/SIR/Teutonic order/Germany, Ottoman Empire and invasions of steppe nomads.

Yes you are right, that stuff is interesting. Slavia is the Africa of Europe.

A videogame set in medieval balkans/hungary should be pretty fun

Slavia is a football team in Prague, not a location.

Only the ottoman empire is actually interesting.

Could be pretty cool if it was around the the start of the 16th century.
It should allow you to go to everywhere between istanbul and budapest.

This

Also in Sofia

You've missed the point. Most of the countries in Eastern Europe today have only existed for around 100 years. For the majority of the modern era most of this region literally was Russia and Poland. Take them out of the equation and it's no fucking wonder that the region's history would bore you.

>existed for only 100 years
>Bulgaria is the oldest country in Europe to not change its name and location - 1300 years
Get your facts right

Heat is a basketball team in Miami but it is also something I experience on a sunny day

I said "most" you illiterate mong.

>budapest
There was no Budapest in the 16th century, the two city, Buda and Pest were united in 1871. Also buda was occupied by turks so it isn't that interesting

i hate you except for denmark denmark is fine

fpbp

>Why doesn't this region interest me?
All the jews left so it's just drunks

Poland is central european

For everyone interested in this region I recommend this great lecture:
youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM

P.S. Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvu0QrOcocY

youtube.com/watch?v=aH8FNChzwxc

This

Also /thread