TFW can't even plank for a minute despite lifting for 4 months

>TFW can't even plank for a minute despite lifting for 4 months

Yes you can. Planking is literally just willpower. Keep going long after it hurts. Go until your body quakes go until you squeeze your sphincter so hard you shit a diamond. Don't be a pussy.

It starts to hurt and I get shaky so I stop

Should I do it once or twice a day?

been lifting so much for 5 month got so strong my abs hurt just by running cause i was doing a meme ab routine.

Lol do it more than that. And don't stop because it hurts CONTINUE because it hurts. You're not even getting gainz if it's not uncomfortable.

this

Planks are shit desu

Abs wheel or planks sliding your feet are better

If you want to plank longer, then do longer planks.

What the hell? Things have some carry over one way or another but generally if you want to git gud at something, that something is what you need to do.

Been lifting for 10 years. 4 months is nothing. Stop crying

it's not willpower, it's called core strength. A thing brainless lifters completely neglect, due to lifting for aesthetics, and the regret it, when their spine is fucked up.

Hey I see you struggling with those dips, why don't you try weighted dips instead?
>That is the equivalent of your shit tier advice.

All it takes to plank for a minute is willpower. Nobody lacks that much core strength unless they are biggest loser contestants tier.

> biggest loser contestants tier.
aka OP

Just do them every day. Put on a good song and push for 1 minute first day, 1:30 the next and keep going until you can do 10 minutes.

Nice dub dubs but he said he's already been working out 4 months there is no excuse.

op just accumulate volume by doing more sets of less time

slowly decrease sets and increase time

isometric ab strength develops very fast in beginners

kek'd

so true

>once or twice a day
?

you plank till exausted > 5 minut break > plank till exausted
do this like 5 times

> TFW YOUR 22 YEAR OLD BODY HAS THE BACK AND JOINTS OF AN OLD MAN AND CANT DO SHIT

Same but 20

Delete this...

What are the benefits of gaining this isometric ab strength?

>all these people saying to just keep going

Yeah if you want to put all that stress on your back and possibly shoulders sure. Like any exercise stop when your form is shit

>Injured from a bw exercise
Christ drink your milk what are your bones made of anyways?

How long are you supposed to plank? I'm a DYEL, but I got bored after 3 minutes.

LMAO HOLY FUCKING SHIT OP YOU'RE FUCKING PATHETIC LOL. PAJEET FROM MY GYM CAN LAST LONGER THAN YOU LOLOLOLOL, YOU'RE FUCKING WEAKER THAN A FUCKING PAJEET LOLOLOLOL. PLS FUCKING TURN IN YOUR WHITE CARD BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CALL YOURSELF WHITE ANYMORE LOLOLOL

I just do 30 second planks and side planks. I am thinking about going to a minute now.

>L-

stopped reading there

>tears rhomboid while boxing
>2 week recovery, not biggie
>yesterday
>it was time to go back
>ohp, lightweight
>dam it feels good to be back
>last rep
>got it
>feel a cold sensation on my right shoulder
>next day
>tfw hurts like hell and now im gonna lose even more gains cause of recovery

Why are you lying on a Bolivian cotton picking board?

planks are like 90% mental willpower.
Some asian dude did one for 8 hours straight
If you lift you can push yourself way past when you think you are nearing your limit

>tfw 23 and diagnosed with juvenile arthritis
Can't fucking do legs when it acts up, and I can hardly walk

3 minutes is a good cutoff time is start using resistance. Add a 1/2 or 1 plate to your back and see if you can go a minute, progressive overload, work your way back up in time, then add more weight, ad infinitum