Why has fasting become such a meme on this board recently...

Why has fasting become such a meme on this board recently? i leave for a few months and come back to fasting threads non stop. I thought this board was supposed to be above fitness fads. whats with all the fasting buzz Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680567/
glycemicindex.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Been riding the fasting meme train for 2 years now. I don't know what's up with all the fasting threads, but you're right. Last year everybody was crazy for keto, though, so maybe it's just a phase.

If ypu 2 are actually serious and not shitposting its because fit is the most normie board on all of Veeky Forums bar none. fit isnt the exit board its the entry board. So casual internet users show up and they bring mens health bullshit with them.

Have you noticed any significant benefits from fasting regularly over that time period?

I think I've been somewhat accidentally fasting for the last decade or so. Rarely ate more than a meal per day, sometimes went 36h without. My level of activity was also very close to hibernation, so that helped.

Intermittent fasting is pretty effective actually. It's not a meme.

because it's easier than keto

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680567/

Honestly, it just helps me regulate my calories better. I'm weird in that I suck at will power, so if I'm able to eat all day, I will. With IF, for whatever reason, I'm able to stick with it and control my portions. Therefore, I don't fuck up my calories.

It's a mental thing for me. And honestly, I don't notice any other benefits aside from the fact that it helps me control myself.

>But perhaps it isn’t so much the fasting that produces health benefits, per se, as the resulting overall reduction in calorie intake

Because people have discovered that it works well and is the easiest best method.

I've been doing it for years before it was even a named thing.

You silly humans are so 2 dimensional. You think the human body is literally just "calories in & calories out".

Did you ever think about insulin resistance? No? How about autophagy? No? Do you even know what foods high in glycogen does to your body? Do you know the difference between visceral fat vs subcutaneous fat?

Do you even know the difference between weight loss vs fat loss?

fucking humans are retarded.

I was quoting from the article m8

Foods don't contain glycogen "retard"

It is calories in and out, the rest are just rate modifiers.

That article literally sounds like somebody's opinion. There's no case studies or statistics shown. It's just somebody saying "it may be like this, BUT, who knows if it's actually that??"

You're retarded for quoting that retarded article.

t. guy that wrote the article.

You know exactly what I meant. You're just being a smartass about it. Foods that induce high glycogen production. Happy faggot?

It is an article. Not an actual paper. It is linking a few papers, however. And it is written generally in favor of IF.
It also mentions the following which cannot be repeated enough. Not only for selling books, but all kind of information you see online (and offline).
>People should also be wary of books written for broad audiences that explain the science behind fasting or any other health trend, he says. One purpose of writing a book for the consumer market, after all, is to sell as many copies as possible. Authors tend to present only evidence supporting their point of view, suggests Freedland, while ignoring evidence that contradicts it. “It’s a lot of spin when you write a book.”

>not eating live animal foods

never gonna make it

That moment OP realizes he just started a thread on "fads" while talking shit about "fads".

OP is a retard.

And determine your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

Eating twinkies for your calories is not the same as eating vegetables, beans, whole grains, and lean meats.

What foods induce high glycogen production?

refined sugars & carbs.

Check this site : glycemicindex.com/

oysters are actually an amazing food

Carbohydrates generally.

Don't buy into meme diets about trying to tweak your glycogen stores. The medical community recommends continuous energy restriction as the most successful form of weight loss (daily caloric restriction).

Don't listen to this guy t. glycogen