First modern Britons had 'dark to black' skin, Cheddar Man DNA analysis reveals

>The first modern Britons, who lived about 10,000 years ago, had “dark to black” skin, a groundbreaking DNA analysis of Britain’s oldest complete skeleton has revealed.

>The fossil, known as Cheddar Man, was unearthed more than a century ago in Gough’s Cave in Somerset. Intense speculation has built up around Cheddar Man’s origins and appearance because he lived shortly after the first settlers crossed from continental Europe to Britain at the end of the last ice age. People of white British ancestry alive today are descendants of this population.

>It was initially assumed that Cheddar Man had pale skin and fair hair, but his DNA paints a different picture, strongly suggesting he had blue eyes, a very dark brown to black complexion and dark curly hair.

>The discovery shows that the genes for lighter skin became widespread in European populations far later than originally thought – and that skin colour was not always a proxy for geographic origin in the way it is often seen to be today.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals
inverse.com/article/40707-9000-year-old-greek-teenager-3d-printed
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Fuck off to /pol/.

>cheddar man

wtf i want all people on planet earth to be genocided except blacks now

ridiculous

>People of white British ancestry alive today are descendants of this population.
How come researchers in this field are always so far behind the current consensus? It's been established for a while now that British people draw very little of their ancestry from Mesolithic British hunter-gatherer populations, and yet people continue to spew this shit. This goes for other Europeans as well.

Also:
>Tom Booth, an archaeologist at the Natural History Museum who worked on the project, said: “It really shows up that these imaginary racial categories that we have are really very modern constructions, or very recent constructions, that really are not applicable to the past at all.”
>Yoan Diekmann, a computational biologist at University College London and another member of the project’s team, agreed, saying the connection often drawn between Britishness and whiteness was “not an immutable truth. It has always changed and will change”.
Fuck off.

of course the original British were BLACK kings and nobles while the wh*Tes were bred as weaker, less fertile worker drones.

of couse they were look at jean d ark

>pol

>I only support Alt-Right approved science.

and this in ancient times achiles? black of couse

>pol chimpsout

is the logical conclusion they have falsified medieval times next ancient times and now prehistory jews have not shame at all

JEWS STOP PROJECTING

>I only support Alt-Right approved science.
Actually, the Alt-Right would probably be a fan of the idea that Europeans have been genetically the same for tens of thousands of years. It doesn't exactly suit the /pol/ narrative that Europeans mostly descend from invaders that came only in the LN/BA.

>pol embraces we wuz

lol

Modern science doesn't support there being a White Race that long ago.

It's a lie.

Science today and especially everything dealing with the origin and development of Man is heavily politicized and subverted. All academic sources of "knowledge" today are inherently untrustworthy. They only exist to further destroy the white race and our history. You don't even have to be right wing in any capacity to see this in action.

So I'll repeat again - it's a lie. They're lying. They are being paid to lie. Every single anti-white "discovery" coming from academia is false.

>(((Modern))) science doesn't support there being a White Race that long ago.

Of course it doesn't. That isn't its purpose.

>Says don't trust modern science
>Doesn't say how it knows any of this

>Modern science doesn't support there being a White Race that long ago.
Perhaps, but my main issue was with the statement "It has always changed and will change" in regards to British "whiteness". This isn't true, since the British have been unmistakably "white" even in a modern sense since the Bronze Age, and the only reason the British are becoming less white in recent decades is because of mass immigration from non-white countries which was by no means inevitable. What he said is simply a lie, and judging by the tone of the rest of his comment it's quite obvious the message he's trying to push with such lies.

why is everyone responding to this pathetic b8 thread?

this thread belongs on /pol/

I think it has been proved that eastern hunter gatherers had the mutation for fair skin before the anatolian farmers got there

>British cucks make a parody of a reconstruction

I rather trust the Iberian one, as they are not politically cucked like Br*tish.

That's a reconstruction of a completely different individual, though.

>fair skin
>White Race

Next you'll be calling MENAs and Orientals Whites.

>Nordicist nonsense
P-lease

Man, they can't even hide their agenda for five minutes, can they?

>casting doubt fair skin making something be in the White Race makes me a Nordicist.

Sure.

Is Mr Bean not white?

wenster hunter gatherer where the same all across europe so someone is lying here reconstruction of greek whg

and this is estonian girl with 40% of their dna being the same as the that picture

finnish girl with yamna and whg only dna

>greek whg

lol sure.

Did I say he isn't.

inverse.com/article/40707-9000-year-old-greek-teenager-3d-printed

fucking retard

>Bong
>white
Good one

>up to 10% of modern Britons descended from people like this
>calling him a migrant
>saying things like "the race of Britain has always changed and always will change"

This is a steaming pile of political propaganda and about ~20% science, if we're feeling generous. They at least made a passing reference to the inhabitants that had much more northern heritage, even if they referred to them as insane brutes.

sardinian girl 92% dna of early farmer

look like mediterraneas doent it?

Looks like a kike

europe is the mixture in different grades of this 3 people

>Western Hunter Gatherers weren't Darkies

Sure.

>darker skin
>this means they were coal black, african-looking people
i fucking hate this country, they'd call alfred the great a sub saharan nigger if they thought they could get away with it

so i would bet my life this is pure bulshit

white race=caucasian race/caucasoids

persians are caucasoid but are darker skinned than mongols, who are not caucasoid

Western Jews have a lot of South European ancestry.

Both of these were Western Hunter Gatherhers. Explain me how the one in Iberia has brown skin, hair and blue eyes whereas the British reconstructed one looks like a pitch black blind Papoean.

>african looking
>only niggers can look like that

close enough pham

looks like a white woman smeared in shit

so yes european looked nearly the same 10000 years ago the genetic distance is the same as han chinese to the mongol

That's still a bit of an exaggeration though, if the British one had the same skin tone as the Spanish one it wouldn't be too bad. Honestly I'm surprised that they gave him as European a nose as they did, and didn't puff the lips right up.

atlantic baltic is the blood of whg and yamna the rest is anatolian farmer

no*dics on suicide watch

why?

>Both of these were Western Hunter Gatherers.
Cheddar Man is from 10,000 BCE, the "Spaniard" you posted is from 7,000 BCE. I think it's reasonable to assume that the genetic mix of "Western Hunter Gathers" would change over some 3,000 years.

97% european ancestry this is how they looked

>Egyptians were white
>Britons were black
What the fuck is going on

>pretending Euros are as homogenous as Orientals

the distance from a mongol to a han chinese is the same as a italian to finnish people so no im not lying

japanese to chinese would be like germans to france people

how they play with ignorance of the people

They were dark like other WHG. They weren't black. I think black skin actually evolved just like light skin (I remember reading some studies about that). Original humans were dark but not black.

Didn't know scots were Germanic, I thought they were Gaelic

The natural conclusion is that we should take in more immigrants :^)

t. Schlomo

Only Highlanders. Lowland Scots are Germanics larping as oppressed Celts.

yes that the only one, and the land dont have any perpetual owner

What's the difference between Picts, Caldeonians and Gaels?

Picts were the original (probably Celtic) inhabitants of Scotland. Caledonians were a confederation of Picts. Gaels were Celts that came to Scotland from Ireland during the Early Middle Ages and assimilated the Picts, eventually coming to inhabit most of Scotland except for the Lowlands in the South-East, which was Germanic.

Because they’re different indivuduals, that’s why you look like shit even though there are probably good looking people from whatever your ethnicity is

>10k years ago
>Mesolithic

Also would you prefer if they had said "it really shows us that the nationalist myths of common descent are really very recent constructions, that really are not applicable to the past at all. The racial stock of the British Isles has always changed and will change."

Cor, We wuz Wite 'n shieeet, gov. Innit?

>10k years ago
>Mesolithic
Correct.

And no, I wouldn't prefer that. The "racial stock" of the British Isles has been essentially unchanged since the Bell Beaker period of the Bronze Age and there is nothing to say that it has to change. Migration from non-white countries was a choice, not an inevitability of history.

Both are wrong, skin color is supposed to be more like Indian brown.
You like the Spanish one better because it just looks like a white dude with a heavy tan, but he didn't have white skin so he would have been swarthier than that.

>Cor, We wuz Wite 'n shieeet, gov. Innit?
You are aware that what I wrote has been genetically proven? The vast majority of British people are descendants of populations that migrated to Britain during the Bronze Age.

reeeeeeee

People who lived there before Beakers were also caucasians, so the race hasn't changed at all.

>The bronze age collapse led to a total shift in populations, with black and brown europe migrating to the middle east and africa and white Afro-Asiatics moving to Europe.

AT LAST
I TRULY SEE

I imagine myself in Britain, leading my Platoon. Our mission is to stop wh*Te Anglo-Saxon dogs from advancing. We mow down wh*Te dogs but they keep coming. I shoot wh*Te dogs but I run out of arrow so I draw my sword and begin slaughtering wh*Tes, since wh*Tes are way more psychially inferior to me, I slay them by dozens. Then I get shot, but I didn’t fall, I kept fighting. Then shot again and again. wh*Tes were shooting me from a distance like the cowards they are. I lie down, facing up to sky and I see DU TARV (Belatucadnos) smiling at me, I smile back… Then I woke up, in Somerset, my homeland. My BLACK Celtic brethen gave me a warm welcome to heaven. I finally made it, I finally made it into heaven.

>You can tell skin colour by genes
>but race is a social construct

How do people believe this shit

>he had blue eyes, a very dark brown to black complexion and dark curly hair.

How many blacks have blue eyes?

This thread is fucking retarded. We've known that WHG had dark skin for like half a decade now and it would have been a huge surprise for everyone if the ones in Britain were pale.
Pale skin comes from EHG(Eastern Hunter Gatherers) who were from Russia but also lived in Norway because of post-ice age settlement patterns.

Brown skin does not match Britains cold climate.

A brown skinned person would likely suffer from vitamin D defeciency especially during the ice age

Yeah they do, pic related

>Scientists believe that populations living in Europe became lighter-skinned over time because pale skin absorbs more sunlight, which is required to produce enough vitamin D. The latest findings suggest pale skin may have emerged later, possibly when the advent of farming meant people were obtaining less vitamin D though dietary sources like oily fish.
Please read the article that this thread is about before you post in it.

Exactly. How can you be so retarded to defend a "scientific" finding that violates such a basic human adaptation.

Yes, they were from southern refugia like Portugal, Italy etc and had only recently arrived to the barren north devoid of life because it had been buried under ice for thousands of years.
Maybe they would have adapted to be lighter over time but they were replaced by Neolithic farmers similar to Sardinians around 4000 BC who were already a bit lighter and more in the range of modern British variation which prominently features individuals with a Mediterranean complexion.

How did they determine the exact tonality of the skin?

Are you implying that evolution only takes 8000 years? Wew WE WUZ people are utterly retarded

From association studies. They lacked genes which are almost fixed in modern Europeans(>97%) and which correlate with lighter skin in mixed race individuals.

Look at people of mixed race and tell me that it should take more than a couple of hundred years for your descendants to have a completely different skin tone than you do. Now factor in changing environmental and dietary factors.
Grow a fucking brain.

Doesn't that only tell us that they are not white? Did they found the genes for chocolate brown too or is the darkness mostly a guess?

I don't think you understand how evolution works.

>EHG
CHG already had alleles for light skin.

Well yes, I suppose if you put it that way they did.
They had the ancestral alleles shared by for example Papuans and Nigerians while modern Europeans have the derived alleles.
That doesn't mean they were quite as dark as Papuans and Nigerians however it puts them outside modern European variation.

>Early man wasn't white when he rapidly made his way from Africa into Europe
>People are chimping out over this

Interesting

Are they the ancestrals of modern britons or have they been completely replaced?

Well that was obvious. Isn't the agreed theory that whiteness happened over time?

I get that Mesolithic Europeans probably had pretty dark skin, like hunter gatherers in general, but I don't get why the did the reconstruction with this chocolate colour. They weren't tropical ffs! They were Eurasians living at a high latitude, surely say, Native American skin tone would be a better approximation than black like a tropical Sub-Saharan African or Dravidian.

Also the hair and beard are fucking ridiculous. Just do either clean shaven or a proper beard rather than this patchy pubescent goatee. As for the hair, either show it natural or show it groomed, not with messy trimmed fringe like a college feminist. Primitive people across the world put effort into grooming - so if you do a good reconstruction with any grooming at all, do it well ffs! Or let it natural, not this half assed shit.

1/10 from an artistic perspective.

Only polotards freak out over this