Dysmorphia

>Lift nearly every day
>Achieve fairly respectable lifts, e.g. 495 dl, 275 bench, 415 parallel squat
>Receive comments about physique
> "I bet your max is pretty high"
>"I've seen you lift, I bet you can pull that bro"
>6'3"
>Still don't feel large
Anyone else experiencing this? Feels like I'm in the baby stages of bigorexia. Thinking about focusing on overall fitness and slimming down rather than putting on muscle.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vuu0zcV6y1E?t=9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

huh, I guess not

Body dysmorphia is a real issue. Especially if you grew up as smaller than average teen. Your mind has to adjust to your new physique and may take years for your confidence and self perception to catch up.

Like you said just cut down a bit to see you muscles and try to look at yourself in new ways. Like through pictures with friends or take selfies to document the progress.

If you spend all time at the gym surrounded by other fit people it fucks with your perception. Whenever I get the feeling that most of the guys out there are bigger than me even though I lift, I take a trip to my local mall and wander around for a bit and see what the general populace actually looks like. It puts me back into perspective and helps quite a bit.

doubt those are your stats

I get this. I graduated highschool at 5'8, 140 lbs soaking wet. I grew 3 inches in college (prince of manlays) and gained 35 lbs, most of it muscle. My lifts are all pretty solid for weighing 175, and I stay 10-12% bf year round because that's just where my body tends to be. I get all kinds of compliments, especially from people i haven't seen in a few years. Still feel small, see the same scrawn-ball in the mirror every night.

Sucks

yes but i always see myself as the fat fuck i used to be (200lbs 25%BF 6'tall) even after i lost 60lbs and was a 140lb skelly

what works for me is before and after pics

im currently 6'1'' 180lb 7-9%BF but i still see myself as the fat fuck i started off at. People compliment me all the time my gfs friends always grab my arms and abs, friends always want me to take them to the gym etc.

yo post a picture of your body faggot and let us get this over with

That is me on the right. I don't have any vids of me pushing my one rep maxes, but you can see I'm not a small guy.

Guitarist, not the drummer all the way on the right

>i have body dysmorphia
>but you can see I'm not a small guy.
fag

do you isolate your arms? like you look like you lift, certainly not the biggest man in the world. it seems that your shoulders don't look that big. why dont u just post a body selfie?

I was a skelly belly, when I started lifting I was 130lbs benching 65 and having a damn hard time of it.

Now I can do 245x3 and weigh about 35lbs more yet I still feel like mr skeleton.

It's weird too since I'll look at pics of me from a year ago when I was smaller and think "wow I actually did look pretty good then" but I still manage to always fixate on my faults in the present.

Not claiming to be full on Rich Piano bigorexic or anything, but I am stronger/taller than the majority of people I encounter throughout the day, yet I don't feel like I am most of the time.

Have you found yourself feeling like this with any other hobbies? I have seen it with some other things I am pretty good at, but tend to compare myself to those much better or focus on the aspects of the hobby that need work. On the bright side, maybe it's that self criticism that allows one to ultimately push and excel.

i dont know man. are u here craving for some attention or something?

you're tall so you need to be more muscular inorder for it to show. you look like you lift, don't look very low in bf maybe thats why u dont feel strong. how about do a cut faggot, or bulk some more. i dont know what u want me to say. u look average as shit. get a new routine or something

u have like no shoulders. stop training ur legs and thinking you will have a great upper body. do a bro split or something.

Yeah I started guitar at 15 and I can play super technical bullshit like this and I still feel inferior all the time.

youtu.be/vuu0zcV6y1E?t=9

It's not like it's a huge burden on my life I just always find myself thinking I've got more road to cover before I'm "good" whether it's lifting, music, visual art or whatever the fuck I'm doing

Your problem is you got weak ass looking arms for your size. I'm 5'11 and 178 lbs and probably have the same size arms as you.

Just being honest with ya bro.

your forearms need work

No shit, that's how being a Manley works you fucking retard

Yeah, I kinda need a reality check sometimes.

Like, I think I'm pretty average, even on the weak side - and for someone who lifts weights regularly I probably am - but every time I meet someone I haven't seen in a while they comment on how big &/or buff I am.

I see my numbers going up and I have to buy bigger shirts etc., but I still think I'm weak and out of shape. Was bitching about it to my gf the other day at the pool & she was like "Look around, do you see anyone else with abs? Pecs even? Any definition?" Lol.

>be me
>fat most of my life
>balloon up to 411 two years ago
>high blood pressure
>Finally decide to do something about it last summer
>start dieting, lose weight
>Drop 80 pounds in 9 months
>never feel like I'm losing weight even thought I continue to lose weight when I weigh in at the doctors office
>constantly get depressed if I exceed my TDEE even a little.
>I just want to be a bodybuilder, but it seems so far away.

I just want to make it.

you'll get there, sounds like you are making good progress.

keep at it user!

Just accept that you have a mental illness? What do you want us to do about it? There's no medication for this.

I'd rather be 4 inches shorter and not look like a trex.

I wish I had dysmorphia.

Keep on the deficit and excercise. I used to be like you, fat and out of shape. But with hard work and lifestyle changes, you can succeed. Make. your dreams. come true.

Almost the exact same. Left highschool at 1.75m and 67kgs, now four years later I'm 1.83m and 82kgs and I don't really see myself really different, I see my old pics and dont see much of a difference, but people tell me I'm big and when I meet guys I went to highschool with tell me I'm huge. I still feel like I'm a dyel skinnyfat. Maybe one day it'll go away.

Sounds like you're kickin ass dude. Just keep it up and eventually you'll get where you wanna be. Gonna have to get surgery for the extra skin but that's for like way down the line. If I had to get that surgery I'd ask the doc to put a big fucking scar across my chest like Sagat.

Stop strength training and do hypertrophy stuff and just bro your way to aesthetics.

>LOL guy is self conscious about his progress in the gym and goes to Veeky Forums so his friends can help him.
>Gets roasted on Veeky Forums

Jesus dude you look fine and decent stop being such a faggot. Your probably bigger than most people on this board and are in the 10% niche that actually are fit.

iktf

What I did to cope with it was to ignore all subjective perception of it and focus instead on the objective ones. Like:

> weight on scale
> belts! (I actually had to buy new belts because the old ones were too big)
> having to buy new clothes because the old ones were too big in general
> no back pain
> easier to bend over

etc. If you don't focus on anything your brain can fuck up with, then you should feel better.

Fuck dude I bench more than you but my diddy and squat are nothing why can't I have high lifts like that ahhh

I only got tall later in high school, and I still always feel dwarfed by people at uni, despite being 6ft. I don't get it.

>but you can see I'm not a small guy.

Hah, you're fine.

>be a hungry skeleton entire life
>finally enough money to start eating well
>finally enough willpower to start going to the gym
>think i'm gaining good weight, less like a skeleton and more like an auschwitz prisoner
>look at myself through my camera phone
>skinny af, almost no difference

do i have fat eyes or is it time to kms

>cant stop worrying about whether my frame is feminine
>literally cringe everytime i see myself in the mirror with my tshirt pulled all the way down because of the very slight extension it does outwards when it passed over my pelvis
>wonder if everyone else notices
>feel like shit

i hate myself i think

what is going on here and why can't i stop laughing

>that (lack of) hairline
JUST BE KONFIDUNT BRAH

I'm scared I'm going to be a skelebro and still think I'm fat. I've made some good gains and shit but everytime I look at myself all I can think is "still chubby bro, keep going" and the last time my ex saw me she said I looked like I hadn't eaten in weeks and was happy to see me eating something. (It was just carrots, she doesn't realize the calories in carrots is fuck all.)

I just want to cut so I can clean bulk bros.

>tfw have body dystopia
>grow up thinking I'm hot shit
>become an adult and realize I'm a funny looking manlet with a big ass head
>now I'm also chubby

This isn't fair. I'm a beautiful person trapped inside an ugly body.

Bulked from 115, to 170. Still feel exactly the same. I'm on roids, now chasing a look I'll probably never see in myself.

>e.g. 495 dl, 275 bench, 415 parallel squat
>6'3"
Those aren't very good stats for someone so tall, I bet you aren't that large. My stats are almost the same at 5'8".

Its all in your head bruv, i constantly used to think i had wide hips because i browsed Veeky Forums, misc, and youtube all day and you starg comparing yourself to people like jeff seid and simeon panda with godlike hip to waist to shoulder ratio. But in reality i have relativley small hips, i still cant unsee it but at least i know its all in my head

>Lost around 100 lbs
>Evidently my stomach is flat and my cheeks are sunken
>I look in the mirror and I see doughiness and at least an A-cup
>People are legit concerned I have anorexia
>All I do is eat at a deficit, lift and workout twice a day
>Madre told me that if I lose another 5 lbs she will have me psychologically examined and, if need be, committed
>Seriously can't... fathom what is happening

There's a cognitive dissonance in my brain where I feel fat, I can... tangibly grab at the love handles and hate myself yet the whooole rest of the world thinks I have a legit problem.

I don't like it when my brain hides shit from me.

This is my experience too, except I was 6 or 6'1 after graduation and 135-140lbs. I also had horrible posture because even though I wasn't crazy tall I was always bigger than all of my friends and would slouch.

I'm 24 and have probably gained at least an inch since then, so I'd put myself at 6'2 and 190lb now. For the first year or two of lifting I didn't feel all that different but now I feel like my old self died and was reincarnated. I was always skinny as fuck growing up and got made fun of for it a lot, so now just looking like I'm an athlete or something is more than enough.

I have the opposite problem
>290 pounds senior year of HS
>now down to 225 at 6'5
>loose skin on stomach
>still feel like a fat shit

In my past experience of losing weight very quickly, it took me a few years before my mental self-perception adjusted and I didn't feel fat anymore.

you don't have dysmorphia you look like shit

pic of ur current fat self pls, ill be the judge

Like I said...You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

Dude, you may be "stronger/taller" but you are small as fuark, specially you arms and shoulders. They are ridiculous in proportion to your ribcage.