How did men achieved this body type back then without roids, mordern equipments and proper food?

how did men achieved this body type back then without roids, mordern equipments and proper food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Sick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Saldo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxalding
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lets go with.. higher test, cleaner food, and they didnt.

Pushups and situps and no estrogens in the water

Higher testosterone from no Jewish ingredients in the food.

Seriously. These sculptures are supposed to be gods, not men. The musculature is all exaggerated.

"Back then"?????

If you mean Athenians, their diet was heavily based on olive oil and seafood.

Spartans drank this:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup

Generally, the Greeks were all about working out as a noble leisure so of course they were fit.

the little guys(his sons) are a better example of how people were back then.
Laocoon (guy in the middle) is an example of what they thought to be the ideal body. Low body fat, balanced muscle, no triangle torso

look op 'ancient greece gymnasium exercises' to get an idea of what they did.

Except for all of the Roman statues and paintings that weren't of gods. Imagine, a Roman legionary had to march with his gear 2000 miles, fight a battle, then build a fort, and only after that catch some sleep.

it's literally the natty limit

Wii Fit and Ancient Zumba.

how did they know how developed muscles looked if they never seen them?
inb4 anatomy studies on dead bodies
but they would look weird and exaggerated not perfect
you mean if I work out religiously for 30 years I'll look like that even with the shitties conditions?
like pic related?

If you spent the majority of your years working with your hands, training for for war, going to war, and or getting a good chunk of your daily entertainment from physical games, you'd be jacked.
We do not.

there were some who were very blessed and looked like Laocoon in the op I'm sure

Also I would like to add that the greeks were heavily into wrestling, thier gymnasiums were not only for working out but also just to chill together and have discussions.

People often went to the gymnasium 5-7 out of 7 days a week and multiple hours if they went.

They heavily shunned any signs of effeminacy. It was the main insult they threw at the persians

They used one weird trick for building muscle.

Philosophers hated them!

lmao didn't they thought the greatest bond between two brothers in arms was to fuck each other in the ass? also didn't they like femboys and were one themselves in their youth?

Well, now I want to try black soup.
Even if they all said it was gross.

>drinking a bowl of cooked blood and vinegar with animal flesh in it

Metal.

the bond between brothers is not correct but gay stuff was seen as okay because women were lesser creatures in their eyes. But you were a "loser" if you were the bottom taking it up your ass.

>without proper food

>you were a "loser" if you were the bottom taking it up your ass
some things never change

>modern equipment
>proper food

>the bond between brothers is not correct
I'm pretty sure it's correct, and also that the faggy losers were throat fucked, but I'm not sure of this one

They exaggerated heroes. Their culture revolved around hero worship.

If you paint vain people you exaggerate their good qualities and minimize their bad ones. That's how you keep commissions.

It doesn't take a big imagination to go "I'll just make each muscle bigger". Look at comic books from the 80s and 90s, they did the same shit.

>Look at comic books from the 80s and 90s, they did the same shit.
Bodybuilder bodytypes existed long before then.

90's standards of bodybuilding existed since the 40s

if you had a gay relationship with any adults with the same social status as you (like a friend, brother in arms etc.) the one who takes it up his ass is gonna be shunned. It was only okay to take it up the ass if you were not a man yet.

why are american so dumb?

Of course they had proper food you idiot

Yeah and those illustrations went far beyond that. They made Arnold look like a wimp.

The body type isn't really what's even at issue here, it's the size and low body fat. That's hard enough to achieve when you know what you're doing and know what you're eating and how it affects your body.

How many years do you think it would take to achieve that body natty today? What was the average life expectancy of people in that era? What was the average diet? What did they know about lifting and body fat?

YOU are the one that does not have access to proper food you double nigger.
>brothers in arms
Sacred band of Thebes, Theban culture (i.e. sodomy) was largely considered extremely degenerate.

The admiration of beautiful boys/men was always supposed to be more of an admiration of an ideal, sexual relationships with boys/men were controversial and subject to many critiques and dialogues.

So actual gym twinks existed?

if you move around a lot for most of your life you'd look like this. Earlier civilizations are nowhere near as sedentary as it is now

average life expectancy doesn't mean much when you consider how many kids died in childbirth back then.

Dude, the MONSTERS like the Hulk and Bane made Shwarzenegger look like a wimp.

Shwarzenegger was actually the norm for the bigger strong guys. Like Collosus and Superman at his biggest.

Guys that are "ottermode" and peak natty are the classic heroic physique.

Bodytypes that are 100% attainable by men who put in the work are active and eat well.

more like boy twinks, once you were an adult man you don't take it up the ass anymore generally

>average life expectancy
Not actually a useful measure for knowing how long a healthy person lived when you factor in higher infant mortality rates and medical practices less able to handle things like infection.

>how did men achieved this body type back then without roids, mordern equipments and proper food?
Pentathlon.

M U H G R O W T H H O R MO N E I N J E C T E D M E A T

so i'm gonna dump some old school fitness dudes from the early 1900 late 1800

more sandow

Shit I'd kill for living in Ancient Greece. Hitting the gym with the lads, having philosophical discussions with Plato and fucking as many twinks as you want... literally the perfect life

welp thats about all i got.
Anyways people still ate food back then, and as previously noted the greeks hada very physical culture, especially the upper class citizens who had duty to serve in the military etc...Don't even start on the spartans.
one of there biggest and most important holiday type thing was the fucking olympics for fuck sakes. They held the olympics in such high reverance that they stopped wars for it.
I'm sure there a lot of swole ass greek athletes. The concept of eating a lot of food and lifting with progressive loads is by no means a modern invention.

>without proper Food

Daily reminder that over the years people became taller and taller. They were basically all manlets back then.

It makes me really sad and upset when people can't reconcile with the fact that there were elites, heroes, warriors and nobles way back in ancient times that were both smarter and stronger and wiser than we are today. It is simply the hübris of the modern man.

The benchpress wasn't invented yet I see.

more natural selection cuz no hospitals, food was actually good, active life style and great dedication to sport activities. yeah dude, ancient greeks invented sports. your points are dumb.
wrong. dude in op pic is not a good but a man.

Chopping off your dick has the same effect as roids they probably did that

>Being the loserfor taking it.
I´m not sure how the Greeks saw it, but for the Romans taking it up the butt was even seen as being subjected to physical abuse which was too shameful for citizens to suffer. So there was a law you could only do anal with your own slaves, and a citizen could press charges if you buttfucked him
Also the Roman wieved oral as a terrible tabbo as it defiled the mouth, the seat of oratory abilities. Ithink whe the senators wanted to smear caligula, they wrote in the history book tha he forced some senatorial wives to give him head.

yeah the greeks werent fans of it either
instead they would lube each others thighs up and stick the ol dick in em

Correct

Have you guys read about Max Sick?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Sick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Saldo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxalding

Basically, these guys did not train their physique through weightlifting.

>The Maxalding system, like the 'dynamic tension' system of Charles Atlas and those of others, did not use weights. Where the other systems concentrated on muscle development, Maxalding went one stage further and taught muscle control

Basically, it is just isolating certain muscle groups, pumping shitloads of blood to them by tension and conscious effort. These guys were strongmen too with quite amazing feats attributed to them

Monte Saldo´s physique, also trained primarily through ´muscle control´

WHAT IN THE FUCK

>Roman legionary had to march with his gear 2000 miles
This is exactly why he wouldn't have large muscles.

Sleep depravation is catabolic.

Because they had gyms not too unlike the modern ones and because they did have proper food.

Tomorrow I'll take some time to try and put together the intake of a top ancient wrestler and their routines