What's the craziest thing you ever saw happen in a gym?

What's the craziest thing you ever saw happen in a gym?

manlet let to work in with tall guy

black guy shouting "KUNTA!" between reps

Some guy with a bar on his back that looked like he was trying to sit for about 12 times.
Crazy commitment tho

Thid dude did a weight up. I was like damn

I was in the gym on Wednesday and some fuccboi was sat on the only bench doing curls. I said are you using the bench and he said yeah I will be.
Mfw he used it for skullcrushers with no weight on the bar

>wild ultra-manlet pajeet appears
>does couple kipping pullups on bar at cable station
>suddenly climbs on top of it
>jumps down
>repeats previous 3 steps once and leaves

Never saw him again

I almost passed out. Was going to make a thread about it but I thought I might as well say it here. I did my standard 10 minute cycling warm up and went to go do some squats. After I completed the first set my vision went hazy and I felt like I was going to pass out. Stumbled out of the gym area and went into the disabled bathrooms and lay on the ground. I thought I was having a stroke or something, so I unlocked the bathroom door in case I passed out. 5 minutes later I was back on my feet feeling fine again

Any idea what the fuck happened to me?

>working at gym
>navy guy walks in
>does a 10 minute treadmill jog for warmup
>goes to the weight room and grabs a curl bar
>puts .5pl8 on it, no clips
>questionable.jpg
>lays down to do some skullcrushers
>roll my eyes as I get ready for the plates to slide off
>goes down, then explodes up and fucking THROWS the entire bar about 5ft into the air above him
>PANIC
>frozen in place as I think I'm about to watch the imminent death of some retard at the gym
>does this for 9 more reps
>gets up and leaves without a second glance
>never see him again

someone started to sing very loudly a rap song about bitches and hoes.

I saw a guy who was sipping water from his bottle every time he ends his sets

almost as bad as that guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym

>there is this mentally challenged guy that comes to the gym few times a week
>pure of heart but lacking any social knowledge or concept of personal space and generally iritating
>comes to the gym to talk to people and maybe run on the treadmill a bit
>not sure why everybody is tolerating him, can get rly distracted
>wont stop until he gets handshake from every person in the gym
>once i was running on the treadmill he leaned on it and small talked for 15 full minutes. Got no cues that he should leave, no matter how direct i got in a nice way
>always a bit too personal with girls, "where is my hug" kinda guy
But the biggest shit he did
>big personal trainer doing some floor press or smt, laying on his back
>tard comes and every time PT is struggling with weight pretends to kick him in the balls
>PT gets pissed, gets up, puts him in a arm neck lock and says "don't do that, or we wont be friends any more, okey buddy?"
>Tard : "heeheheheheh okey"
>PT goes back to his workout
>tard uses stealth and kicks him in the balls, laughing like it was most epic prank ever

He got kicked out. But was back in after 2 weeks. Im not sure why everyone tolerates him, he disrupts a lot of people

Did your face feel cold?

>group of pajeet
>always come in, move bench into squat rack
>put 2kg on the bar
>take turns doing 50 reps as fast as possible
>usually less than a quarter of the full range of motion
>each do 3 sets of this
>they all chant in unison as one of them reaches the end of a set
>loud cheering whenever they finish
>they never do any other exercise
>this is their entire routine
>we call them the jacked pakis

My body felt really numb but my face normally feels cold so nothing stood out

Could have just been low blood sugar, as indicated when you felt normal again after laying down, but normaly your face becomes really cold during it because there is no blood pumping through it. Then again I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't become to worried about it, unless it happens again soon

Walked into the gym last week and someone was using my squat rack.

did you throw his shit across the bench and say "5 MINUTES" ?

Do you live in Downingtown PA?

Hate people that are stupid like that

>tfw when you are that guy

gotta stay hydrated. am i rite?

But seriously. I would fucking die to cramps otherwise.

>Any idea what the fuck happened to me?
happens very often after squats or legpresses, you had a syncope. sometimes also if you didn't eat and your bloodsugar falls.

what happen is that your blood pressure becomes so low rapidly that there isn't enough blood in the head, thus feeling lightheaded, everything is white and you have a cold sensation. in squats and legpress, your whole blood goes into your legs, if you stand up quick without letting your blood get back gradually into your body, like sitting down, putting your legs up etc. you'll experience it.

I had it numerous times, when starting to train, laying in the toilett like a crackhead. eating dextrose and putting your legs against the wall, to let the blood flow back in the head, helps.

>young guy walks over to power rack
>Moves the things that hold the bar to the outside of the rack where the safety bars will not save you
>Loads up 2pl8 immediately
>He's wearing a belt and everything
>I'm the one who's sweating, thinking I'm going to have to run over and remove a barbell from his soon-to-be broken body
>Does one 1/16 rep squat and reracks
>Thank God...
>Puts another 25lbs on each side and does 1 1/16 squat again
Fucking Christ he's been back and does this every single time. I swear I've never seen anyone squat so poorly. Why the fuck would you always move the bar to squat OUTSIDE the safeties?

Transspecies friendship ... What a progressive world we live in

>I'm gonna work in

That's the correct thing to say user, if they bitch just tell them you're not going to wait 15 minutes for them to do their baby weights and rest in between when you could be doing your sets as well

Saw a dude re-rack a back squat into one of those old-school squat racks that angle down from the top, and have solid cylinders as bar rests.

He was wide gripping, and caught the tip of his right pinky between the bar and the bar rest.

>Like a McDonald's ketchup packet ; all over the mirror.

a black guy doing crossfit in the free weight area.

Second blood story:

Dude was repping out d-lifts with 385.
Gets to his 5th rep...
Nose explodes blood like an open faucet.
No dribble... a freaking stream down onto the platform wood.

>Somebody had to bring out the bleach.

>Like a McDonald's ketchup packet ; all over the mirror.
how fucking much was he squatting?

Saw a guy get smashed like this in the smith machine. 6 hours of surgery.

5'10 jacked upper body guy walking behind taller (6'2 maybe) guy. Taller guy turns around and shouts some stuff including
>Don't you go talking shit about my friends you don't even know you fucking fat little prick

Not sure what it was about as the taller guy then left. Everyone just carried on with their workouts. Seen both guys since but not at the same time.

Not particularly weird but not something you expect to see.

>be me, 6'4 no gains lanklet
>walking around gym aimlessly cuz idk what to do
>walk up to bench press, sit down
>big muscular guy comes up and says "uh, i'm using that, but you can work in if you want"
>say "n-no thanks i'm good thanks though sorry"
>walk away and i think i hear him say "sure are a lot of weirdos here today" but not sure
>enter autistic rage mode, turn around and walk back and yell in an autistic high pitched voice "IF YOUR GONNA CALL SOMEONE A WIERDO, YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU FIRST"
>he says he didn't call me a weirdo, and being that i'm only 50/50 sure that i heard it to begin with, i yell "WHATEVER YOU SAY!" and throw my hands up in the air and walk off
>i'm holding back tears so i make my way out the back door and hide in some bushes and try to compose myself
>i haven't been back in 2 months just due to this incident

so what? you need e bench to do skullcrushers, leave him alone.

if it was a bench press bench with the safeties attached and everything then you could have told him to find another one as you need this one.

What's wrong with wearing basketball shorts at the gym? I do that all the time. So do tons of others there.

Cheers lads, anything I should do to prevent it from happening in the future?

I saw 2 Boys fucking.
Not cool...

>slav in his late 40's/ early 50's comes in gym and makes some smalltalk with me
>nice guy, absolutely solid body, could compete with a lot of younger guys
>after smalltalk I continue working out and kinda watch the exercise he does
>heavy shrugs with dumbells
>shrugs with EZ bar
>shrugs with olympic bar
>stands in frront of incline bench machine o he's in a pulling position and does some sets of shrugs
>goes to standing calf raise machine, instead of calf raises he shrugs the shoulder pads

Same thing happened to me this morning while cooking breakfast. I was legit scared as fuck but was normal after a couple mins.

Low blood tension apparently yep

ask him

so?

Someone actually reracking their fucking weight (correctly might I add)

I go to a university gym, half the people have good form other half doesn't.

>be January coming back to NYRs
>start having to wait on one of two power rack to deadlift, cause fucking gym rules
>people usually make a queue sitting on some railing
>20 minutes later, finally get to deadlift
>guy behind me in queue looks dyel
>he gets the other rack and loads up 2pl8 for squat
>oh boy
>barely manages to do 5 reps struggling to hit depth
>puts on 2.5pl8, does 3 half squats
>puts on 3pl8, 2 quarter squats
>loads up 385lbs
At this point I stop watching thinking he is about to die
>comes over and asks me for a spot
>Why me god?
>unracks the weight and steps back all while barely able to stand
>places his feet way too wide
>does the first quart squat, coming back up his knees are shaking at a 70degree angle with his feet
> looks like a bad Elvis impersonator
>does this shit again before reracking
>MFW he turns around
>thanks me and walks out the gym to never be seen again

> looks like a bad Elvis impersonator

>tard uses stealth and kicks him in the balls
that was the most epic fucking prank, lmao

>Theres a side room at my gym
>Girls go in there to do retarded shit
>Walk past
>See them laying on their necks with their arms spread out doing 'V's with their legs
>They are listening to music
>They are using towels
>they are in full spandex gym wear
>They leave after 15min of this.

I had something like this too, once. I was doing squats and when I got to the ATG part, I suddenly tumbled over backwards with no recollection of how it happened (definitely not a balance issue). Fortunately the powercage had rails because it was like 2.5 plates, but everyone was like "yo dude maybe you should lay off that weight, do something easier" and it was annoying as fuck.

leave jason alone

user he probably honestly didnt call you a weirdo. no one would just say that to themselves

probably calming down / meditating

>Any idea what the fuck happened to me?

Sounds like you laid down on a piss coated bathroom floor.

three 12 year old black children came in and they curled the plates without the bars while listening to desiigner, long story short they lost their gymcards pretty fast

Couldn't find my projectile vomit image.

If the shoe fits, weirdo.

holy shit lol

not crazy but theres this weird guy that comes to my gym sometimes

>grabs every available pl8 he can get

>loads up bar on safety catch of squat rack

>literally as many pl8s as the bar can hold

>grabs 4 sets of dumbless 70-85

>scatters dumbbells around squat rack so its in peoples way

>does shrugs for an entire hour

>never seen him touch the dumbbells

He is short and angry looking

i do this between every set, why is that wrong ?

Lads, I've been working out at home for a couple months with only two 5 kg dumbbells. I was up to an insane amount of reps and at the end of the session my biceps were always super hot and feeling like they were about to explode. However now that I've joined a gym and lift way heavier dumbbells I no longer that feeling.

Any advice lads? I feel empty without it.

Lurk more

Yeah, eat before you workout. It won't happen again if it's low blood sugar that caused it.

>be innagym
>whatevering about after the core part of my workout
>accessories and whatnot
>old dude comes in
>puts a fuckin yoga mat down in the middle of the gym
>between a seated leg ext machine and a prone leg curl machine
>just doing fuckin yoga in one of about five different pathways from one end of the gym to the other
>old dude totally oblivious that he is acting like a flaming car crash in a suburban neighborhood
>in swishy pants and matching jacket
fuck you, old dude. 60 year old ass ex-farmhand lookin mother fucker.

do barbell?

It's a common occurrence at my gym, where this mid 50s guy practices a form of martial arts with the cable machines.

He'll bring his own attachments and use them with his martial arts routine. It's very elaborate stuff. He kind of moves around like the staff wielding black guy in the Walking Dead. He'll just flail around and make a few kicks here and there, as if he was fighting a posse of invisible orcs. It looks goofy, but looking closer I can see pin point precision with his strikes.

He is the most dangerous man in the gym

>manlet attempting pull ups on the lat pulldown with the pin in the maximum weight
>guy curling a barbell while lying on his back
>wheelchair on treadmill

a guy selling weed in the shower getting payed by the junkie by sucking his dick.

if I weren't on Veeky Forums for years now, this kind of thing would have startled me.

eat before workout and after doing squats or legpress, rest for 10 minutes or sit on the mat and put your legs up agaisnt the wall, to let the blood get back in the body.

Someone deadliftin 500 pounds cold just to win a bet.

Guy doing a bar muscle up on one of those slanted double pull-up bar things. His arms slid through at the top and snapped both his forearms like twigs.

Another time someone was doing wife grip supinated deficit pull-ups. Like five seconds after he was told "that's a good way to hurt yourself" the whole gym heard his biceps tendons pop.

They just curled up into his arms.

Saw a dude snatch tree plates.

>deficit pull-ups

Explain how this is a thing

>2011
>not doing deficit pull ups
bet you don't even do incline squats either nerd

That happened to me too once. I had just joined a gym, total dyel, hadn't really worked out in god knows how long. Started feeling light headed, so I sat down on the floor. Next thing I remember, I come to, having apparently slumped down face first onto the floor from a sitting position.

I must not have been out for very long. There were at least half a dozen other people there and nobody noticed.

Yo, seriously get that shit checked by a Dr. It's PROBABLY nothing but that could be a heart problem and you might pull a Zyzz if you ignore it. Seriously don't kill yourself through negligence. Anything like that you should get checked.

Wouldn't have to be much to break the skin and cause profuse bleeding. Even just 1 plate would fuck up your finger really bad.

if you're an actual DYEL, it's a pretty simple thing to happen, where blood/O2 demands are higher elsewhere and your body isn't quite used to it.

If you ever feel it beginning to happen again, cross your legs, tense up your arms and legs to increase peripheral vascular resistance and shunt some more blood to your central system, should abort the syncope pretty quickly.

>i'm holding back tears so i make my way out the back door and hide in some bushes and try to compose myself and i haven't been back in 2 months just due to this incident

no, not weird at all

it's a /fit "joke"
no one cares what you wear

I have a few. I've been going to the same gym at the same time for almost 2 years and have gotten used to dumb shit. I go around 10-11am m/t/th/f so you get an idea of the kind of crowd I'm working with. It's a 24/7 gym and I work nights.

The first is a huge guy (fat and strong) who only uses machines. At first your like "lel strong" but this mother fucker collects every fucking 45 plate in the gym before adding it to leg press or whatever retarded shit he's doing that day. The most mild.

I've seen multiple people snap their shit up. Just the other week there is a guy who I've been seeing for about 3 months. Sometimes he lifts beside me. This day he strapped on his belt to deadlift an almighty 225 and looked like a scared cat. He screamed and dropped to the floor. Haven't seen him again yet. I've seen 3 people do this exact thing in my time so far.

Craziest thing I ever saw, however, was someone doing OHP on a stupid rubber ball (what the fuck, why?) and with a decent amount of weight (165 I think). He lost balance and fell and it landed right on him. No idea what happened to him, whether he died or was paralyzed or what but I never saw him again. It happened fast so I didn't see how it hit him but I remember he out fucking cold and the front desk qt called the ambalamps and wouldn't let anyone see him.

I saw two fat fucks lying on the mats today playing with their phones while occasionally doing some crunches and air bikes. Literally 30 seconds of exercise then 10 minutes on the phone.

I was gonna go over there to do some planks but I figured the made the area around them smell like shit so I didn't do any ab exercises today. Thanks for that cunts

gotta intimidate the dyels

I did that once after not eating for close to 24 hours, then running a mile and doing squats. I've also done something similar when I've gotten overheated while doing cardio. My BP is pretty low too (108/60). Did you feel really uncomfortable and have your heart pound beforehand?

Some guy doing bodyweight jumping squats in the stairwell.

The thing is, I've heard here and elsewhere that instead of lighter weights I should go for heavier ones with less repetitions, so that's what I've done. I do them until my form breaks down completely and yet that's still not enough. With the lighter ones I used to go for over an hour for just biceps, it felt amazing.

I'm considering having a second workout today because of this.

Probably a 50 year old literal retard pulling his pants down to his ankles to piss in the urinal

He asked for a spot squatting in a power rack? Why couldn't he just use the safeties if he couldn't get it? Is this a normal thing? I think it's pretty weird to see someone spotting a squat outside of some event, I would not be comfortable with that

saw someone squat 3pl8 it was frigging amazing never thought id see it in my life i heard of the legends on here but holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>2011+6
>not having a trap day
ISHYGDDT

>That guy who squats almost every other day
>That guy who gets into a shitty powerlifting bench setup but can only bench 1 pl8
>That guy that flexes in the mirror when he thinks no one is watching
>That guy that rests like 5 minutes between every set because he's so weak

All of these are me

None of those are a big deal compadre

You probably forgot to breath

I once watched a guy try to kick the handle of the cable machine. It was about shoulder high and he couldn't quite do it. He kinda gave up and just taped to machine with his foot maybe 6 inches off the ground. This was after shadow boxing with 5 lb dumbbells in his hands for a good half hour.

A dude benching 1pl8. With suicide grip. WITH HIS FEET ON THE BENCH.
Literally WTF.

That same dude then set an incline bench in a dumbbell corner and banged out some half-rep db presses WITH HIS FEET ON THE db RACK

He then capped it off with a superset of ez bar curls and cable curls. Yeah, an actual superset. He curled, then he went over to the cable machine and curled, then he went back to the bar and curled some more.

>guy at gym doing full body workouts
>skipps legs for WEEKS
>runs 10k/day

Thats me, by the way. Am I going to have chicken-legs because of this? Or is 70k+ running weekly going to save me?

I bet he called you a weirdo after you sperged out at him.

Asian manlet walks in and scream i'm half natty 10k then walks to squat rack and proceeds to strip himself down to nothing then started to do squats, everyone in the gym just watched him stunned and i got the video of it and sent it to a couple kids then it spread around campus like aids. He then got arrested and it was discovered hew as on acid during the incident. He then died two weeks later. This is all true btw. I can link the article if anyone cares, he killed himself by driving into a cement ditch.

Craziest?
>go to gym to discuss signing up
>want no training, just to use their equipment/facilities
>offer monthly money to use their leg stuff

They explained that the only way to do that is to take their classes, and if I graduate into their other programs, I could have a membership which allowed me to use the gym without their trainers.

>tfw I wouldn't fit in anyway, they are all below 5'10"

One sure sign that you are in a crossshit gym - they insist that they 'aren't a crossfit gym', but still have a cult-like feel, and insist that their classes are valuable to everyone.

post video

post article please, thanks

>A dude benching 1pl8. With suicide grip. WITH HIS FEET ON THE BENCH
I see like 4 different people do this at my gym