ITT: post embarrassingly disproportionate battles of WW2

ITT: post embarrassingly disproportionate battles of WW2

Have included 2 of Axis and 2 of Allied to get us off to a balanced start.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hegra_Fortress
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Drobak_Sound
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Westerplatte
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The wehrmacht was powerful.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hegra_Fortress
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Drobak_Sound

In most of these battles Germans had air support while the allies did not.

Never heard of Hegra Fortress, nice

Could you point out one from the OP where that's the case?

Jesus Christ I never fully realised how comprehensively the Italians were beaten during Operation Compass.

Bump

>136000 troops present
>170000 total casualties

tank crews maybe

Usually strength listed is number of troops at the start of an operation, or sometimes some sort of peak strength. The total number of troops involved, assuming a constant stream of reinforcements to compensate for losses, is often higher.

How the fuck did those Soviet casualties happen? I don't understand it. I know that the ways of counting casualties were different. But they weren't so different that they could be held responsible for that kind of losses. Could someone explain this shit to me? It perplexes me.

JUST

For tannenberg it was basically wave after wave of attacks on a fortified position filled with SS veterans

No supplies,pretty much no organization,nepotism in the ranks of the army,illiteracy,multilinguism,low morale,bad military equipment when it was available.

again,this battle is fake

K Mario, care to explain this Italian poster commemorating this "fictitious" battle then?

can we talk about Italy during WW2?
everyone goes on and on about the Wehrmacht, the Red Army, the Royal Airforce etc

can someone give me a rundown?
is it true that they tried to invade Greece, but failed and needed Germany to save them?
is it true that they were pretty much occupied by Germany by the end?

First they tried to invade France but were stopped by nine guys
But then France surrendered to the Germans and Italy was given a small occupation zone in South Eastern France

Then they tried to invade Greece but failed, forcing the Germans to comit and fucking up their invasion of the USSR

Then the Operation Compass happened in North Africa, and Italy became the first country in history to take more casualties than the number of men it had

This didn't happen. It's post-war French propaganda.

>133,298 captured
How did they feed them? Where did they storaged them? How did they prevented them from revolting?

I know italian incompetency isn't unreal but this better be a fucking joke.

>1 carrier and 16 warships vs 9 warships and a seaplane

It's disproportionate indeed but the most numerous side won, so not embarassing

See

british literally used tanks and flanked them

italy was never able to do anything alone in the war after this

Reinforcements over time

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Westerplatte

>The Wehrmacht lost at least 100 tanks and several other AFVs in the struggle.[14][citation needed]