Have you guys ever gotten a deep tissue massage before? I got one yesterday for my back and now I'm all sore

Have you guys ever gotten a deep tissue massage before? I got one yesterday for my back and now I'm all sore.

Would you say it's better than foam rolling, or does foam rolling have some other benefit that I don't know?

>tfw the massage therapist commented that I looked good, like I've been working out hard.

It someone thinks someone paid to touch you that relies on tips complimenting you is a legit compliment.... Brah, they want a big tip, that's all, not that little tip you keep in your pants

It was a family friend I haven't seen for a while, and the rest of the conversation reflected that. Not really the type to bullshit, so I'd like to believe it was pretty genuine.

Oh yeah, that seems more legit for sure, those are some of the best mirins in my opinion when you haven't seen someone in a while and that seem generally surprised at your progress.

Although it is kinda awkward getting a massage from someone you know. I'd have rather it was a stranger or something. At least then I don't have to see them again and be like "Hey remember when you rubbed oil all over me and beat the shit out of my muscles? Good times..."

Still, the mirin' was nice.

I hope your therapist said that massage is equally stresses your muscles when comparing to working out especially deep tissue massage. He/she basically found new muscles/muscle fibers that you havent used enough so they get sore easy.
So soreness is fine just dont train for 1-2 days after massage and let your muscle recover fully.

T. (sports) massage therapist

>Sub-par response from a poor education
Get into a real STEM field that actually teaches you how the body works faggot and stop spouting nonsense

English isnt my main language but i try my best

The whole point of massage is to enhance your metabolism so that your body can recover the muscles being massaged. And the reason they havent recovered is because metabolism doesnt work.

But it removed knots and is supposed to help blood flow right? I'm giving it a few days because I'm so sore, but it feels like I've got Doms throughout my entire upper body.

Yes and those knots are tight muscle fibers whose metabolism doesnt work for some reason

>want to go to a masseuse bad
>afraid of getting a boner

;_;

It's very normal to get boners during massage ,they are used to it man

I get deep tissue massages three days a week after every workout. I don't like foam rolling. But massages are wonderful.

massage is 99% bullshit
>every claim made for massage could be far exceeded by a handie
>massage proponents make lots of excuses for why it is worthwhile

Just work out when you are supposed to. Don't wait for a rub to inspire you to fitness.

Waste of training time.

Love having the little Asian ladies at my parlor walk all over my back. Really relaxes and loosens me up

How do you explain all the problems i've cured with it? like sciatic pain

I've only ever gotten two massages in my 22 years, and the last one was 2 years ago. I feel like ther is some benefit to it, I was just curious if there's any difference between that and just good foam rolling.

I got a deep ass massage

Actually sounds nice desu

How do you explain the problems I've cured without it?
If you need mummy to rub your back before you can lift again, there is something wrong with you.
If you just like it, then fine, but trying to pretend it is giving you some real medical benefit sounds like an insurance scam to me.
Either is equally good, and both are slightly less effective than a hand job.

No, im actually the who studies and uses it. I've seen cases where really bad posture problems are cured or sciatic pain for example

t. hand job lobbyist
That's a lot shilling for the hand job industry, m8.

did you suck his peanus?

You sound like a chiropractor.
>tfw my reiki healer explained to me that chiropractic was bullshit, as were their 'subluxations'

The hand-job industry is being maligned by assholes who want to rub you WITHOUT getting you a happy ending...those fucks pretend that rubbing you NOT in the genitals is worth paying MORE for.
Compare a good handie to your next 'massage' and tell me why you like not getting your genitals rubbed better.

>tfw you started a thread trying to debate the pros and cons of foam rolling and deep tissue massage
>Ends up being about handjobs

Never change Veeky Forums

this girl's face is really fucking annoying. stop posting her.

idk what you're talkign about, she's a QT

>thinking somebody gives a shit

Work on your form instead, hippie

Probs no, but i did go to China town last night for a massage and fuck, ran me 160. Not too bad.

>does foam rolling have some other benefit that I don't know?
you don't have to pay a lot of money for someone to do that for ya

I think you confuse her face being annoying with your face being homo

I do.
I wish scam treatments were not paid for by insurance.
Chiropractic, reiki, astrology and massage are all scams set up to employ useless losers and are overwhelmingly paid for by money better spent on handies.

The world would be a lot better, with more handies.

if you're a girl, you're a fat ugly bitch

if you're a guy, you're a fucking homosexual and you need to get to sucking my dick asap

It can be a big help when your issue is related to muscle tightness/soreness.

Massage has helped my wife deal with her tension migraines; she is wound pretty tight and stresses about a lot of unnecessary stuff, which manifests in muscle tension in her neck. So, she gets massages to relax her neck and help clear her mind.

She is making excuses to have someone rub her.

Plenty of people fake pains to scam this way.

You can see that she would be crippled without the constant rubbing of her poor muscles...

I bet you are getting cucked by her masseuse/masseur

And your sources are?

lol k. I guess the doctors she's visited since she was 15 for chronic migraines were pretty damn fooled, too. After all, they gave her antipsychotics and muscle relaxants to try to treat them with drugs, which she was on for years and hated.

So we cleaned up her diet to avoid food triggers, and she gets massages once every couple weeks to de-stress/loosen her neck muscles.

But yeah, she's totally just doing it to rub snatch with a middle-aged masseuse. I'm sure you're right.

Is this true? I need confirmation

How often does your wife go? I get tension migraines pretty frequently and I respond poorly to my migraine medicine. I've tried to get a massage before when my neck was really tense but it ended up triggering a migraine and I threw up from the pain...

Years of those 'practitioners' failing to support even their most modest claims with evidence.

Except of course the claim that people mostly like being rubbed...
Yup. C'mon, what would she do if she didn't get her rub? Throw a tantrum and claim she just 'can't go on'?

Try comparing her rub to a quick handie...see which works better for her - oh wait, that's what she is getting alreadyi...

Enjoy being cucked by your wife and her 'massuese'

'migrane' is a womanly way of bleating 'my headache is REALLY bad, MUCH worse than yours'

I go to the asian parlors. They know what to do when you pop a tent.

>She sounds like a catch
not

No but I once asked a friend to massage my back a bit and I couldn't stop panting, giggling and moaning because it felt so good that was really nice

THIS

She sounds like a great partner, unless you want sex, fun or productivity.

I've thrown up and passed out from the pain. I also get visual auras strong enough that I cannot see properly. The headaches I get feel 10 times worse than when I broke my back.

yeah...my reiki 'practitioner' talks about auras, too...
Headache is headache, 'migrane' is just a buzzword to make yours seem special.

We all feel pain. Some weak fucks can't handle it, but that doesn't make them 'special'.

There's a difference between actual migraines like you have and just regular tension headaches that people who pity themselves a lot call 'muhh migraine attacks'.

Control yourself sperg

She goes once or twice a month, and if she has a bad migraine sometimes she'll go then.

That sucks about your headaches, man, my wife hasn't had that particular problem, although she sometimes throws up if she gets a really bad one.

lol yeah, I suppose I made it sound worse than it is. She's super type-a, sure, but she's got a super high sex drive and we do have a lot of fun together. Her job is pretty stressful (she's an attorney), which is a big part of the reason she gets uptight/stressed.

Was the masseour a tall handsome indian guy named John Redcorne?

A guy at my gym said that a deep tissue massage was exptemely painful in a good way and basically rearranged his muscle insertions and cured a problem he'd been having with soreness.
Is this true?
And is it true that they beat you off as part of the massage or is that a meme? I've never actually gotten a massage.

really her only major flaw in my eyes is the migraines; otherwise she's great. See

>yeah...my reiki 'practitioner' talks about auras, too...
>Headache is headache, 'migrane' is just a buzzword to make yours seem special.
>We all feel pain. Some weak fucks can't handle it, but that doesn't make them 'special'.
It seems you're unaware what a visual aura is. It's the medical term to describe the visual changes that occur before the pain of a migraine kicks in. It might includes such things as losing part or all of one’s vision for a short period of time or seeing zig-zag or squiggly lines. Typically these visual symptoms come on gradually, develop over a period of about half an hour, and fade away as the migraine headache begins. The first time it happened to me, I thought that the CT scan missed hemorrhaging. I was terrified I was going to be blind for the rest of my life.

lol no, it's a middle-aged thai lady.

>what would she do if she didn't get her rub?
massage wasn't her idea. She tried chiropractors and acupuncture and shit too, hated it and the shit didn't work.

You sound like you've been cheated on a few times. You sure you're not just projecting your hatred for women here?

I wouldn't wish what I have on anyone so I don't judge too harshly when people complain about their 'migraines'. Plus my doctor said that they hit in a way where your pain tolerance has little affect on what you end up feeling.

I think I'm going to try a couple massages to see if it helps at all. Maybe it was just poor timing before.

>what is logic
Then why do customers overwhelmingly say that physical therapy/massage has helped them? I think thats good enough evidence

cool story

I bet it affects your 'energy'
by your standard of 'evidence', every religion is true, even though they are mutually contradictory.

larn scince

Most sore I've ever been was from deep tissue e-stim (pic related my arm). They stick needles in your muscles and attach electrodes in them. Didn't hurt at all but by the time I went to drive home I could barely gold the steering wheel. Veeky Forums will probably sperg but it was dope

there is a reason why its called physical... and anything physical can be studied so its completly different thing from religion

nah most people are fat and ugly and when I go get a massage anywhere they always compliment my muscles.
i also never tip and go see them again.

Go to a place like Massage Envy or another professional one if you want real deep tissue massage done. Like if you know some specific area is tight then they can fix it.

If you want instant gratification, walk-in, cheap, relaxation with a hand job at the end? Go to an Asian parlor. I do both.

How do people in this thread think massage doesn't work? Heat and pressure will make your muscles relax if they are tight. Confirm this by sticking a Lacrosse ball under your IT band and laying on it for three minutes.

Only one who doesn't think massages work is that one guy who keeps shilling for gay gym handjobs. I think we're all pretty much in agreement that they work.

What's this about a lacrosse ball and your IT band?

Prepare to suffer my man.

Put a lacrosse ball on the floor, or on a pillow to start out with so the force is lessened a bit. You can also lay in your bed on your side. On your side, lay your leg on the ball and find your IT Band.

It's underneath the edge of your outer quad, so when you feel that internally rotate your leg slightly until you feel the quad shift out of the way. Apply a little more pressure, and then gently rotate back towards where you started. You should be able to approach the quad from an oblique angle and bypass it, so the force is being applied to the IT band in full.

Once you have that, move your whole body so that the ball rolls up and down the IT band. You'll quickly find a tight clump of tissue somewhere. When you find it Center the ball directly under it and lay on it for five minutes, while focusing on relaxing. It will hurt a lot for a few minutes, but you will quickly feel it twitching profusely. After you stand up your hip and knee will feel better.

>I go to the asian parlors. They know what to do when you pop a tent.
Do they ask first?

>tip

Isn't massages already expensive as fuck? Could they really expect tip after you pay them $50> for an hour of work?

>pretend that rubbing you NOT in the genitals is worth paying MORE for

Who is he?

Deep tissue massages should take you out of training for a week. They aren't a regular thing.

>Was the masseour a tall handsome indian guy named John Redcorne?

Aren't massages supposed to just feel good? What's with the people ITT claiming that they're bullshit?

I've haven't had a massage since I was around 11 or so, but all I remember was feeling so loose afterwards that I could barely walk back to the car. Felt good.