HHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

HHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAJAHAHHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

chain yourself up and die with your links

Thank god I dumped this piece of shit a week ago
Thank FUCKING god
I HATE YOU /biz for taking a good coin and making it into a meme coin. Fuck you Veeky Forumsraelis

time to off myself

Linkies will have the last laugh
>feeling comfy with 100k Links and not planning on selling before $1 a pop

stop

who here /waitingForSub3000/ to make epic JUST threads?

>tfw sold at .40 when I bought at .32
Thank god

fuck you

>mfw i member the "are no links even human" meme

please send me 100 link bruh

FUCK link, start minign bitcoinereum while you can or cry later + bonus girl:

WHEN THIS SHIT MOONS DON'T SAY NO ONE TOLD YA

Me. Bought 100k at ICO price. Not much of a gambler so will dump everything soon as long as it keeps dropping.

If this goes to 17 cents I wilp be dumping 350k from ico price, fair warning. Ill try do half on etherdelta half binance so it doesnt dump hard

>MFT bought on ED for $.20 and sold for $.40
You fags need to stop marrying your coins. Get in, get gains, get out.

not enough volume for that, good luck.

Wish I had done this. Now I am a bag holder who took out debt to go in a 75k stack at ETH 0.0007.

This.

The volume on this downtrend has been absolutely tiny.
Look up 'low volume pullback'.

Lol starting to feel sorry for them and I'm a digimarine

Same except I bought at .15 off ED and sold for .54 on Binance

>Sold at an ATH that wasn't even reached for a milisecond

Quality LARP friend

Many such cases. Sad!

For real though, Veeky Forums gets so emotionally attached it's ridiculous. Memes are fun, I have like 20 link memes saved, but learned my lesson with Bancor (which I unironically still believe in). Don't just hang on for dear life while the whales dump it into oblivion. When LINK fell past the support around .00006300eth down to 6000 that was the sign to GTFO. My advice is keep at least 60% of your total in top tier coins, and only use >40% to play with shitcoins. Money is still coming into crypto so you will pay off your debt, just don't gamble on altcoins too hard. The days of free ICO moneys are gone

>The days of free ICO moneys are gone
but i haven't made any profits yet

I just unironically bought more LINK

Not larping my dude. I will gladly post a screen shot of the transaction when I get home to my computer.

It was really just dumb luck man. I knew LINK was gonna pump the day of sibos and I was on fire because I also caught the XLM moon mission earlier that day. I came home from work early and logged into Binance and watched the pump in real time and literally updated the sell market price every couple seconds as I could see LINK hitting .50, .51, .52, .53, it hit .54, and I was like "oh fuck", it dipped to .53, I waited for it, it came back up to .54 and I executed in that exact second. It has been my best trade so far in crypto.

Not a bad decision at all

You wont be laughing for long you dumbass. I literally could not be comfier right now, because I just keep buying more and more on each dip. When it hits 2$ in December you will feel like those idiots who bought Digibyte at 2k sats.

>We live rent free in your head.

kek, best trade in reverse.

You're a retard.

However all this fudding and negativity considering chainlink haven't fucked up at all made me buy some lol.

>However all this fudding and negativity considering chainlink haven't fucked up at all made me buy some lol.
Right?
They finished their product before the ICO, did SIBOS a few weeks after the ICO, started rolling out the full working product a few days after SIBOS, have Devcon 3 coming up in a few days, ...
You look at all this good shit, and then you see the price.
Just goes to show that the market is just plain stupid sometimes.

nigger the product is a fucking meme, oraclize.it already solves this problem and nobody wants to fuck around with some useless annoying token just to get some data from a remote API... some things dont make sense to decentralize (how well are those decentralized exchanges doing?)

not to mention that ETH's days are numbered since the tech is such a joke, it will be replaced by something sane that doesn't make people use fucking solidity and doesn't get hacked constantly

you linkies are fucked, but idc you deserve it

Oraclize is centralized.
Defeats the purpose of the blockchain.

Fuck u dickwad... i decentralizing this makes sense because of truamst issue. Also which fucking toilet at sibos did oraclize it present it?

no it doesn't, some features can be implemented centralized/decentralized and it doesn't make a difference as long as it works. not every single little feature needs to be implemented in the blockchain itself. it reminds me of those stupid ass projects that say "you can send encrypted messages and files... through the blockchain!!"

a decentralized oracle platform is possible but not 100% necessary. and it wont catch on if people need to use fucking erc-20 tokens just to make an API call, not when there are alternatives where they dont have to deal with that shit. besides, ETH is garbage and will be replaced

Buy low, you dumb fucks

why is there so much fud literally, LITERALLY days before their conference? Not even two days away and people are telling anons to sell their links.

If I believed could buy ETH for five dollars instead of ten by telling autists to sell in February I would.

Not that it matters because the volume is dropping. People aren't selling. It's bots trading the price down.

>dropped like 80% from ATH
>why is there so much FUD
Are you retarded?

>no it doesn't
Yes it does.

The whole point of the blockchain is that it is "trustless". Adding a non-trustless step defeats the whole purpose.

we're talking about querying an external data source... do you not need to trust that the data source is trustworthy? you do, so you already have a non-trustless step and its already not a trustless process. you can have a trustless decentralized system query the data source, but then you are trusting some anonymous node operator to verify the trustworthiness of the data source. what happens when someone poisons the node operator's dns records and they pull the wrong data and your contract gets owned? you have no recourse because you bought the 'decentralized oracle' meme

>do you not need to trust that the data source is trustworthy?
Not if you have a whole network of them.
That's the point, that's what 'trustlessness' means: not having to trust a single point of failure.

>What if the creator of Bitcoin put a poison pill in the code?
>Who can I sue in that situation

you dont have a whole network of them, you have one true data source. if you're querying SWIFT you are querying api.swift.com or whatever, link can't magically give you their data without querying their server.

so hows that supposed to work? if one node operator queries api.swift.com and hands the data off to you, you can't necessarily trust that the node you got it from wasn't compromised (someone got in and put api.swift.com in the hosts file and made it point to their malicious server, etc.)

on the other hand, if you have many different node operators make the query to verify the data is trustworthy, you just made a shitload of queries against a single source for one set of data- how do you think SWIFT is going to like needing to up their bandwidth/server resources by several orders of magnitude so they dont get DDOSed by chainlink? thats not scalable at all

The application was actually okay, the real problem is that it wasn't explained clearly how link will increase in value. Anyone can run a node even without links. Having links mean more people will use your node--what the fuck does that even work. There are no specifics for that. I sold my links at .41 and tried to warn bag holders who were still holding a week later that link is not a storage of value coin.

Stop. Hodl.

For very simple transactions, both a centralized and a decentralized oracle solution make equal sense.
For more complex transactions, only a decentralized oracle solution makes sense.
Conclusion: just adopt the decentralized solution.

Look at pic related from the SIBOS demo; this is all part of a single general concept, but it has multiple parties sending data through and receiving data via a multitude of different oracles (multiple banks, Standard&Poor's, SWIFT, ...).
In cases like this, having all those oracles be part of the same network is a tremendous benefit.

And even for cases with a single input source, you can still use Chainlink.

This exactly.

LINK "solves" an inherently unsolvable problem

>it has multiple parties sending data through and receiving data via a multitude of different oracles (multiple banks, Standard&Poor's, SWIFT, ...).
>In cases like this, having all those oracles be part of the same network is a tremendous benefit.

querying data from multiple sources is just as simple to do with a centralized solution (ex. oraclize), thats not something you need a decentralized oracle for

and as I said, in order to trust the data with a decentralized solution you'd have to make the query with different nodes just in case one of them is compromised. so every time you get an interest rate from the bank, debt score from s&p, or payment info through SWIFT you have to have several different nodes make the same query, putting a far greater load on the infrastructure of all parties involved

Welcome to the 100k club.
How do you feel knowing you can run a node and provide some data sitting behind your comfy desk?

Any user reading this, please realize data is the new gold. Have you heard of Oracle Corporation, yes the company dealing with data management/software/hardware ? Its market cap, 212 Billions.

>querying data from multiple sources is just as simple to do with a centralized solution (ex. oraclize), thats not something you need a decentralized oracle for
But in that case you have a single point of failure for everything.

>so every time you get an interest rate from the bank, debt score from s&p, or payment info through SWIFT you have to have several different nodes make the same query, putting a far greater load on the infrastructure of all parties involved
Go set up a node for yourself, the requirements are absolutely minimal.
In the case of open APIs, you'd have average people out there running nodes on their laptops.

Until every single atom in every single blade of grass, blood cell, air particle, ... has its own monitoring device; external data will always be tricky.

But turning interest rates into blockchain-ready data is a straightforward process with oracles. So long as they're as decentralized as possible.

I thought 10K was the magic number for a node?

what if I want 10 nodes nigga?

Chainlink has masternodes?

this

Why is Swift in talks with them if you can spot such an obvious flaw and it's value is clearly nothing?

clearly that user is smarter than everyone working at Swift

Fuck you, bitch bastird. Oracle is real problem.

>have been skeptical
>finally bought at 9k sat
>see this
Is it the time to averaging? I'm holding long.

>tfw I narrowly avoided yet another bag.
I'll take those $40 profits.

>in talks with them
Typical LINKer wishy washy language. This phrase literally means nothing.

Nothing that you believe is happening with SWIFT is actually happening. You got convinced things are happening with noncommittal vague language like this.

>This phrase literally means nothing.
Except Link just spent a year as the only external crypto to develop a PoC for SWIFT, and two weeks ago Link was the only external crypto to be showcased at SWIFT's Sibos conference.

Have you been living under a rock?

Ha that was me

Oh wow a project? A presentation? Cool!

I guess those things are the same thing as a full on partnership and integration into SWIFT protocols. That's why every startup that ever got recognition from a larger company wound up being a full on partner with them and rode off into the moonshot for eternal gainz.

Is your brain a rock?

Reposting my JUST from last night since it seemed to make my Linkbros feel better in these dark times. All in with life savings at 9k.

>But in that case you have a single point of failure for everything.

the data source is already a spof, but that aside- a centralized service wouldnt be a spof on a technical level because they surely have redundant infrastructure. you could say the business entity itself (oraclize) is a spof, but that goes for every service provider between you and the data, of which there are many (ex. your ISP is a spof)

>Go set up a node for yourself

that doesn't solve the problem at all, how is everyone else involved with the contract supposed to trust my node? the bottom line is that a decentralized oracle means greatly increased usage of resources on the data sources, i dont see any way around that besides beefier infrastructure for data sources which financial institutions will scoff at

though I think the real barrier to real world use is lack of responsibility should something go wrong- as i mentioned before you have no recourse if LINK fucks up your query and loses you millions, whereas a centralized oracle can be held liable

ahahaha, no more arguments stupid pajjet fudder ?