Although male masculinity is associated with health benefits...

Although male masculinity is associated with health benefits, it is also associated with negative personality traits and behaviors. For example, high-testosterone men are less likely to marry, more likely to divorce and have more marital problems than lower testosterone men (Booth & Dabbs, 1993).
Men with higher testosterone are also less likely to feel a need to respond to infant cries than men with lower testosterone (Fleming, Corter, Stallings & Steiner, 2002). Masculine male faces are also ascribed antisocial traits, such as low warmth, low emotionality, dishonesty, low cooperativeness and poor quality as a parent (Boothroyd, Jones, Burt & Perrett, 2007; Perrett et al., 1998). Masculine men are also perceived to have more interest in short-term than in long-term relationships (Kruger, 2006), and masculine men have more short-term, but not long-term, partners than feminine men do (Rhodes, Simmons & Peters, 2005).
Attraction to masculinity is a function of the tradeoffs between the benefits of greater genetic health and the costs of lower investment in relationships and children (Fink & Penton-Voak, 2002; Gangestad & Simpson, 2000; Little, Jones, Penton-Voak, Burt & Perrett, 2002).
Factors that affect the relative importance of these costs and benefits affect this tradeoff. For example, the benefits of genetic health for offspring can only be attained when women are able to conceive and preferences for masculine traits are accordingly greater when conception risk is high (for reviews, see Fink & Penton-Voak, 2002; Gangestad & Simpson, 2000; Gangestad & Thornhill, 2008; Jones et al., 2008). Additionally, the paternal investment costs associated with partnering with a masculine man are less important in short-term relationships than in long-term relationships. Accordingly, women prefer more masculine men for short-term than for long-term relationships (Burt et al., 2007; Little et al., 2002; Little, Cohen, Jones & Belsky, 2007

>all these implications that being a servile husband is "positive".

Yes. Keep on bowing to your women, keep suppressing your testosterone, good goy.

So, high test means you're not a cuck? Nothing new

Sounds like good qualities to me

OP here, how on earth can you possibly read this and think being high test is implied to be negative?

The studies try their hardest to frame it negatively, yet to anyone with half a functioning brain it is abundantly clear how masculinity is a good thing.

all of these things are side effects of TOTAL SEXUAL LIBERATION and not really anything to worry about once we realise contraception is a moral evil akin to say murder or rape

>it is also associated with negative personality traits and behaviors.

It says it right there m8

because that's literally what the post says, you cretin.

Well, look at the alternative.

Oh snap

>You can be masculine and they want to bone
>You can be feminine and they want you to buy them things but not to bone
You can only pick one

>negative behaviours
hormones work on a double edge basis. Highly effeminate women are desirable and sexual but also hystrionic and emotional. Same goes for men. A high test man is assertive and dominant, but also impulsive and narrow-minded.

>less likely to get married/more divorce/coldness/etc.

>what is test
>biological imperative to fuck
>more hormones increase this imperative
>lab tests show mice get more sexual arousal between different rather than same partners
>arousal is more intense with multiple partners
>high testosterone increases sex drive
>constant seeking of sexual partners
ergo divorce and marriage, it's not that difficult to figure out.

Being high test is good if you want to get laid and if that's your objective in life, to be the strongest etc. If you want to raise kids though, you need patience and to also give up hedonism if you don't want them to turn out betas or thotties.

Self-control is always a virtue. However, that doesn't mean you have to be a bitch or get married(since the only reason to do so right now is for child security).

>muh toxic masculinity

Women literally create social games to separate the men who have high testosterone levels from those who're just pretending to. They all want Chad, but if they tell you that all men will act like Chad even when they're not. Pro-tip: never take women seriously.

Alpha fucks, beta bux

Is this why marriage is a meme?

women literally aren't creating shit
it's just a bunch of them getting their message spread by /pol/
I've literally never met an sjw and didn't even know they existed before browsing Veeky Forums

I know plenty, they are very real

High test here, 1100ng/dl, like almost outside of range, I have 3 kids and a beautiful wife of 9 years, I am faithful and happy, and told by people all the time what a great father I am, I hang out with my kids all the time, we go to the zoo, do classes together, this high test make bad dad's and long term partners is dumb as fuck, not to go all /pol/ on here but almost sounds like these studies are part of breaking down the traditional family unit and cucking masculinity out of exsistance, probably reading too much into it.

this post just sounds like a pitiful, sour way to try and make one's self feel better about being a beta

Did you not go to college?

well I live in southern europe
in college I only met either fascists or marxist-leninists doing propaganda, the rest of other people are just there to study and keep it to themselves, talking about politics with people you don't know well is considered socially awkward here

What is considered a masculine man? What's the cutoff? What's the scale?

>For example, high-testosterone men are less likely to marry, more likely to divorce and have more marital problems than lower testosterone men
Hang on...

That's the weasliest study in there. No claim of the faces being of actual high t men, just that people judged them as more masculine and that they associated this with bad behaviours.

Didn't say it automatically made fathers bad, but it would influence it. These studies are based on averages, medians and prototypes. It's good that you have your life figured out, but these studies are obviously meant to represent a generality.

It's more that psychology is terrible as a whole for accounting for individual factors. Marriage and parenthood itself is a complex affair and requires a lot of decision making, some of which can be decided rationally or emphatically, but as tends to be the case with *most* people, it just happens that the easiest choice is to go with 'the flow', i.e. not thinking and hoping for the best. At that point, predispositions like hormones can come in to play and fuck things up, especially if people can't control it.

Ok so in your out of the way corner of the world sanity still holds, but here in America where media and politics come from, it's a growing issue

If anyone's wondering 1100ng/dl is around 200mg/week flu shot.

>everywhere that isn't the US is an out of the way corner of the world

If you said UK France Germany, Australia etc you would be mainstream.
Does your country export news, media, or politics?
No?
You are out of the way.
It's not an insult, you guys will be the last to have this shit spread.

Lol it's 150 a week but close. I used to be around 900 Natty so been high my whole life, bad injury and opiates dropped me to 320 I didn't function at 320 considered blowing my brains out, ended up self administering my"flu shots" and feel good again.

Don't u worry about needing it the rest of your life now?
What if you have to travel, or lose your sourc, then since you have no natty test you crash.
P.S. don't say injections don't stop natty test unless you have actually quit for a month

Oh no I did my research, even after I quit the opiates my shit was not coming back up, my doc knows about it, helps me monitor bloods and will do a script if I need it but honestly I get it cheaper on my own than through a pharmacy though by a bit, I'll eventually have him give me the script for when I travel at all, and you can always front load and skip a couple weeks it won't kill you. I'd rather pin twice a week forever then deal with what I was going through when my shit got low, moral of the story is stay away from opiates, even when they are prescribed for legit reasons.

>boo hoo why can't i get laid better ban contraception

I need emotional and histironic desu or i get bored
I need an exciting woman who fights with me

How to find doctor like this when so many guys here say they can't get a script sitting at 200?
Hell, my good friend is a doc, says if a dude is 200 or less is the only time he would do test and even then only try to get around 400

i was 315 ng/dL at 23 y/o, a year later I'm on 100mg per week and feeling goddamn motherfucking fantastic and making steady solid gains

forgot the point of my post tho -- the doctor initially was hesitant, so referred me to an endocrinologist. i told the endo i also had erectile dysfunction (true) and that was all it took.

traveling is a non-issue if you have a brain and think about how to bring your stuff a little bit

Religious wingnuts aren't welcome here (or anywhere, really).

Similar, senpai. 325ng/dl at 25 and started my own "vitality shots" about 8 weeks ago.

Started at 80mg/wk, which put me at 475ng/dl. Upped to 100mg/wk last week and will check bloods in 4 weeks.

Goal is 600-700 (yes I know, roiding to be average) but everyone take note, even going from 325 -> 475 I am noticeably less depressed. Mood isn't 100%, but I'm leaps and bounds above where I was.

I never want to be back where I was 8 weeks ago. Literally debating whether to consider suicide.

These scientists are low-test as fuck.

>boo-hoo toxic masculinity

Go fuck yourself

>That's the weasliest study in there. No claim of the faces being of actual high t men, just that people judged them as more masculine and that they associated this with bad behaviours.
These. is just more unwarranted man,testosterone hate and "patriarchy" autistic screeching along with crappy correlation/causation arguments

>the scientist who conducted the studies.

I think it only worked out for me like that cause my doc had seen my Natty levels before they fell so understood that it was effecting me. I have had comprehensive bloods every year for about 6 years since my doc wants to check for all kinds of cancer and shit cause I'm a fireman and shits common in us.

you obviously haven't been to /pol/

I didn't say it was conscious decision. That's just how nature works. Many species devise ways of determining fitness of mates, this is how female humans do it.

Hahaha what a fucking chinless faggot!

All that research is at least a decade old. Unless there's been no research on the subject in the past decade (which isn't the case), you need to get updated research. Using some dates articles might be Okay, but everything there is relatively outdated

>high-testosterone men are less likely to marry
unless you're some neocon tradfag what the fuck is wrong with that
>more likely to divorce and have more marital problems
ie not gonna put up with her histrionic fit for leaving the toilet seat up
>less likely to feel a need to respond to infant cries than men with lower testosterone
and? if your own kid is crying, the mother will take care of it, and if someone else's kid is crying, well it's someone else's problem
>Masculine male faces are also ascribed antisocial traits, such as low warmth, low emotionality, dishonesty, low cooperativeness and poor quality as a parent
incidentally, dark-triad people are most likely to get the top
>Masculine men are also perceived to have more interest in short-term than in long-term relationships (Kruger, 2006), and masculine men have more short-term, but not long-term, partners than feminine men do
alpha fux beta bux, this shit writes itself
>Attraction to masculinity is a function of the tradeoffs between the benefits of greater genetic health and the costs of lower investment in relationships and children
Have a kid with an alpha and make the beta or the state pay for it, female reproductive strategy 101
>preferences for masculine traits are accordingly greater when conception risk is high
Ie be careful when you fuck particularly horny bitches, they're likely ovulating
>paternal investment costs associated with partnering with a masculine man are less important in short-term relationships than in long-term relationships. Accordingly, women prefer more masculine men for short-term than for long-term relationships
alpha fux beta bux yet again

she's had her fun and is ready to settle user, time to pay up

Raising a bunch of whiny retards and burning money to keep some bitch who can take half my assets any time she wants. Sounds great.