What's some of the worst unironic advice you've seen on Veeky Forums?

What's some of the worst unironic advice you've seen on Veeky Forums?

For me it was bulking during the summer as a noob. You just end up fat and ugly until next year

recommended bulking speed from the sticky. 2kg per month is just too fast

just look at the wild chad in the hot tub.
shes so engaged with his conversation its unbeleivable.

Do SS. You'll hate it, feel like you're not doing shit in the gym, look like a mong doing 3 exercises with 3 minute breaks in between 5 rep sets while everyone else who looks better than you is going beast mode on dumbbells and isolation exercises, look exactly the same when you finish if you didn't bulk and look like pure shit if you did. No one gives a fuck about your squat and deadlift.

If you want to get stronger as a beginner do something like ws4sb or an upper/lower. If you don't care as much about strength just jump into a brosplit.

> If you want to get stronger as a beginner do something like ws4sb or an upper/lower. If you don't care as much about strength just jump into a brosplit.

Literally what is wrong with that?

Eat less like 1200cal to lose weight no cardio necessary.

Starting Strength

but if im in a dickish mood i'll reccomend to noobs asking for help. Little do they know that their legs are going to become living tumors while they look like a legitimate homosexual bottom

you want get much out of it as a beginner.
you should atleast do 5x5 or SS or some beginner routine for a few months until you get into intermediate strength levels.

can actually work if you cycle calories. like 4 days 1200cals, two days 2000cals and one day 4000cals.
basically UD2.0 with low calories.

>just jump into a brosplit
you are a fucking retard,you wont build muscle without gaining strenght as a natty you braindead fuck,those bros who goes beast mode and looks good bench 2pl8 + for reps you fucking mong.
whenever I see these brosplit lovers give advice I get triggered.

Shit like this. Dumbasses who expect results in less than a year, can't program for themselves, don't do programs properly, can't/don't control their consumption, don't do proper accessory work, and get mad and blame everyone and everything but themselves for their failure. Then they advise people to go do nogains high volume, low frequency pink dumbbell bullshit they saw in men's fitness.

What the fuck just do cardio and eat normally, why does it have to be so complicated.

legit question.
Why in the actual fuck you need to use your fucking name ?

>3 exercises
>5 reps
>no mention of warm ups
>no mention ramping up
>no mention of accessory work

Not SS's fault you can't read

Because I want Senpai to notice me

1.2lb a week is too fast for you?

strangle me with your clit.
what are you running rn ?

This post is unironically the worst advice i have seen

I've literally never met someone who looks halfway decent in real life or on this board who did ss. Never. The balcony guy did a brosplit since day 1 and looks 10x better than almost anyone else I've seen on here.

I like SS but i'm borderline autistic and trying to go from skelly to fridgemode so it works well for me

>strangle me with your clit.
Even if I had a bbc I still probably can't strangle you. I got off Primo and M1T couple weeks ago so I have room to take Winstrol and Primo on my contest season on June. For now I'm only on GH to keep myself lean and maintaining my lean mass during my cut rn

>Roid chick giving nattys advice

Cheekie i want you to bully my dick but please dont fucking pretend you know what youre talking about

>you want get much out of it as a beginner

Ws4sb? You know it literally is a beginner program right?

Isnt your optimal goal to get big ? I dont know you much but roiding chicks generally dont give a fuck about being feminine.
why dont you hop on tren bby

I've only sold my soul little under 2 years ago, and I've been lifting since 5 years combined. I've over come my anorexia during my natty phase and went from eating a 800cal diet to 2500. I'm still an ultimate newbie but I got the basics. Plus too I qualified for the next round show for my bb show so I'm pretty content about it

I can't even handle EQ and Primo, if I go on Tren I am kill. Yep I wanna get as big as I can but while trying to keep the femininity. I'm gonna stick to low dose roids that won't turn me into 100% man looking like anavar, EQ, Primo...etc. lol but who knows it might turn me into a trap looking bastard

You are already trap looking,its too late for that.
do you still have your periods ?

>cardio kills gains

>warmups having a significant training effect
no
>no mention of ramping sets
starting strength does not contain ramping sets, that's some other routine you saw
>no mention of accessory work
if bench volume is inadequate you're going to need a hell of a lot more accessory volume than SS provides

Yep but it's light

>While trying to keep the femininity
I have bad news...

Started SS a month ago, is it actually bad or is this guy wrong?

amen

A bulged disc will heal if you do deadlifts.

"The best way to lose weight is to lift weights instead of run"

Shit came up in /fat/ a few days ago, and still angers me when I think about people going to that thread for legit help and that dumb fuck is giving advice.

Mirin'. I think you look way too swole to dress feminine, should dress more tomboyish.

is this true or false

Sweet I'm bigger than that guy. Better looking too.

Everyone I see and know started off with a bro split. We all have solid physiques. I never understood why you think you won't get strong af doing a brosplit? Doing heavy dead lifts + squats + bench + rows + pull ups + dips + ohp every week = solid physique...

Show us your bod then big boy.

Pic related.

It depends entirely on how its implemented, everyone should know that diet and sleep is half the battle or more.

I think that a PPL routine is pretty optimal for aesthetics 5 days a week personally. BUT its absolutely true that you need strength to get anywhere.

If you jump right into hypertrophy then you won't be able to build a lot of strength to go up. So yeah, congrats you might bench 135 for 20 or something, or maybe curl 20 for 20 but being able to curl 45 or bench 225 is what you should aim for hypertrophy.

Once you actually attain intermediate strength THEN you can move onto hypertrophy for a sick-cunt physique.

Brosplits are absolute dogshit and should only be used if you're roiding. Otherwise you should do ULxUL, fullbody 2 days a week, PPL, or any program that hits every muscle group twice a week.

SS is fine. Add accessories after the first or second month.

"SS is a meme" was started by dyel faggots who tried it, drank 6000 cals a day, hardly even pushed themselves at the gym, then came crying to Veeky Forums when they weren't the most jacked guy in their gym after the first three months

Post related

I don't understand this mentality. How does SS + accessory work leave you with such an imbalanced build. It has bench press for chest, OHP for delts, dead lifts has your back and grip, low bar squat also hits back. Then you got dips and chin ups helping your arms. A couple of those workouts train core as well to some extent.

>"SS is a meme" was started by dyel faggots who tried it, drank 6000 cals a day, hardly even pushed themselves at the gym, then came crying to Veeky Forums when they weren't the most jacked guy in their gym after the first three months

"SS is a meme" was started when the creator of the program said pic related is the result of doing it absolutely perfectly.

Because 90% of Veeky Forums are retarded obese losers who haven't lifted once in their short lives that hop on a meme and shitpost it until the majority of the board actually believes it

>doing it absolutely perfectly for only three to five months

Ace work there bud. You should post this picture every time you try to refute SS

Intermediate as in the intermediate weight as specified in 5x5,right?
I'm a fat cunt and I'm doing it with the fat loss tips given by Mehdi. What to do after I reach intermediate?

Anyone know what his stats were?

I'm not the best example. I work out on a pretty strict budget so gains are tedious.

That being said, I would say that a nice intermediate strength is the standard 1/2/3/4 for 3x5 or so.

Judging from his appearance I would probably say that's what they guy's numbers were. His legs don't seem particularly big but everything else is pretty decent.

All you have to do from there on is get a bit cut and work on hypertrophy imo.

I do, it almost always works. No one gives a flying fuck about your squat when you look like the Pillsbury dough boy.

But hey, keep telling noobs to do SS. What do I care if in 6 months they look worse than when they started and aren't even significantly stronger because they aren't willing to gain the weight (fat) necessary to make the strength gains they're supposed to?

Cut using what program?
Brosplit or keep using the 5x5 with assistances?

are you implying all muscles grow at the same rate? Did you forget that starting strength makes you squat every fucking gym session? Or that the program itself does not incorporate "accessories" until 5+ weeks in? You're just deluding yourself if you think starting strength is useful for anything other than lifting more weight. A person who wants to look good (90% of this board) should NOT do starting strength

Crossfit is bad

>start crossfit 10 months ago
>start eating right
>dropped 73 pounds
>down 10 pant sizes
>maxes steadily going up
>have a coach that specializes on Oly training once a week
>have had no injuries
>hot women everywhere

Literally I have no idea what the negative about it is.

How do you lose fat than? Diet? Cardio? Both?

t. Newfag

I did cardio, diet, and circut training. see

No idea desu mate.

I would recommend PPL the most if you can afford the time and food. I made good progress and always had a fantastic work out with it 5 days a week. It incorporates everything you need in a really well balanced way imo.

As long as you make sure that you're still trying to lift heavy during your cut you should maintain strength I think.

Read the sticky. Cardio is good ofc but weight training stimulates the most weight loss. Do both.

>1/2/3/4 for 3x5
Also, the 1/2/3/4 stands for the plate on OHP, Bench, Squat and Deadlift,right?
Check out the fat loss on 5x5. That's what I'm running. Cardio, more like HIIT. And diet is very important. That's what I'm running right now, and I'm sure I'l have some good results in 2 months.

Crossfit is a meme because it focuses on time trial lifting. Going to crossfit but not competing is their "games" is just wasting your time with shitty instructors and bad form.

Yeah.

Atm I have OHP comfortably for 5x5, bench is lagging behind at 195, squat 275 and Diddy only 365 3x3.

Personally I don't think there's a big need to go for 5x5 for 3pl8. Legs can definitely be aesthetic as fuck, but that's a hard lift to do with perfect highbar form imo. 2.5 pl8 is at least higher than fuccbois.

I intend to go a little bit farther but not much past that. With my 1pl8 OHP I can do 20 lbs lateral raises for lmao 15 reps each.

>t. someone who has never been

Literally regurgitating memes at this point.

The main problem is that crossfit trains for mediocrity across all fields of fitness, which is completely fine if that's your goal, but then act as if that cumulative mediocrity makes them Navy SEALs or professional athletes.

Crossfit WILL make you stronger, just not as strong as powerlifting.
Crossfit WILL build muscle, just not as much as bodybuilding.
Crossfit WILL build endurance, just not as much as training for an endurance event.
Crossfit WILL make you a better weightlifter, but not as good as someone who does olympic lifting with a real coach.
Crossfit WILL help you lose fat, but no more so than any of the above combined with a good diet.

My stats happen to be 45 kg ohp, 55kg bench, 70 kg squat, 85 kg deadlift and 45 kg pendlay rows after working out for about a month and a half. Is this acceptable?

>lifting is all about looking good!
>if you have any fat, you look like shit
>anyone with 20% looks like shit!!!

Since when was this a Veeky Forums pretends to be girls thread?

>I went to crossfit and didn't die so crossfit isn't a meme

Fuck off, you got tricked and now you feel the need to justify spending $60 a month on shit gym

I have added pull ups and chin ups as my assistance exercises, but I still can;t do bodyweight with it, hence I use the machine to assist me with pulling me up.

stop trying to defend your shitty shit crossfitter bitch, nobody likes you except other crossfit faggots

I dont think I have been tricked, I have been going 10 months for a minimum of 4 days a week, often times 6 days a week. And I wish it was only $60 a month, its $125 a month kek

>pays $125 for gym
>"I don't think I was tricked"

Literally the exact demographic they're lookin for: idiots

Mate, you could've bought a power rack, a few dumbells and such with the same money. As well as hire a personal trainer.

Are you a bad parent if you say "no" to social media for your kids?

That guy is in good downward lighting and has nothing else in the image to use as a reference for his actual size. Even then he isn't on the same level as OCB or the balcony guy

What diet you got going on?

Semen and Bugles.

Probably, but I honestly enjoy it and my wife enjoys it and ive made a few friends there. Its a good time overall and I just prefer it over a "normal" gym.

Yes since you cannot gain more than roughly 0.5lbs of muscle a weak natty once you're past the intermediate stage

So you admit to being conned but happily do so because you are scared of a real gym?

That's pretty good for less than 2 months. Height and weight?

>unironically arguing that you can look good at 20% bodyfat

Since when did Veeky Forums become tumblr?

I'm not saying SS makes you into chad I'm saying if you're doing everything right there's no reason you should look as bad as everyone here's implies. It seems like the majority of people literally just did the 3 main lifts every time they exercised and nothing else.
They didn't eventually throw in cardio, put more emphasis and variety on accessories or change their overall lifestyle to a more active one. I promise that there's a massive difference between someone doing SS with the mindset of changing his lifestyle to a healthier one overall and someone who was fat/skelly mode found Veeky Forums thinking it has the answers to all their problems.

I'm a month and 2 days in myself.
5'8
About 163lb (didn't remember what scale said last time I checked).
Squat: 175lb
Bench: 115lb
OHP: 70lb
Diddly Doodles: 190lb
Power cleans: 80lb

Been progressing smoothly so far

ITT: Dyels and sore losers

No. But you can't let them grow up in the first world if you expect them to survive. It's becoming increasingly necessary to have social media.

Most females looks amazing at 20%, checkmate autist

1st month in and you squat 175 but diddly 190? Check forms, you're likely doing one wrong.

No they FUCKING don't. %20 on a female is pretty bad on women

>compound lifts are enough for your abs bro
for some more definition of abs, and to make them pop more, doing ab isolation exercises seems to be the key
why not train them like any other muscle?

if im wrong, please correct me

That programming matters that much
as long as you eat enough and apply progressive overload in some manner be it reps or weight to your workouts you will improve. The only time that programming matters that much is if you want to compete at a non last place level, but if you don't want to compete you should just do what you enjoy.

i can't see how that is not the perfect system for the average person.
i go to some crossfit classes every now and then and they're really good to switch up your routine, increase endurance, flexibility and social gains too.

Because you're paying $125 a month to do everything listed there poorly.

i dont like crossfit personally
that being said, just do what you like
if you like crossfit, then by all means, keep doing it
a routine that you like and will do is better than a "better" routine that you dont like and wont do it as consistently

just dont be like the rest of the crossfit fags and ignore form and safety

Compound lifts are enough for your arms. I'm past 1/2/3/4 except for squat (Broke my leg 6 months ago) and have 13 (THIRTEEN) inch arms. Added some bicep and tricep isolations and lost all confidence in Veeky Forums forever.

but this is accurate information

That's literally the truth though. Running can burn more calories immediately, but the recovery and metabolic processes from lifting weight has been studied and shown to burn more calories over time than running.

Are you one of those retarded people that doesn't realize that bf% looks different for women?

Are you one of those people that thinks that fat is suddenly different because of two X chromosomes?

The fat doesn't change but distribution does. Breasts are entirely fatty tissue and are still counted in body fat percentage.

Wrong. Breasts are breast tissue and aren't weighed when counting bf%. Why do you think they change the settings on scales for women at the hospital?

false