Why do people hate deadlifts so much when they work more muscles than squats and are less risky?

Why do people hate deadlifts so much when they work more muscles than squats and are less risky?

allaboutpowerlifting.com/muscles-involved-in-the-conventional-deadlift/

Because most people don't know how to lift from the floor without injuring their back so a lot of people avoid them. Everyone I've talked to that sin't seriously into lifting (powerlifters/weightlifters) have all injured themselves doing deadlift.

>Deadlift doesn't involve forearms or lats

OP your pic is off.

The Deadlift is the Emperor of All Lifts
The Squat is King.
The Bench Press a Prince
The OHP a Duke.

What about snatch and clean&jerk?

Inbred weird cousins
They're really cool if you get to know them but most people judge them way before that.

>armspan 4 inches shorter than my height so my deadlifts are weak as fuck
at least i got 2pl8 bench in 1 year

Court jester and baroness

Huh. That's pretty accurate desu.

t. weightlifter

>mfw I can highbar squat more than I can deadlift

Thank you based short femurs

>people hate deadlifts
WUT?

they're the ayylmao watching from the sky

You need a pretty strong body to do deadlifts correctly. I can't do them without rounding my back. I'm guessing it's because my core, lower back and hamstrings are too weak while also being too inflexable.

I love deadlifts

I love deadlifts but i'm just too much of a pussy to push myself to my max cause i'm afraid of snapping my shit up

deadlifts are the fucking best.

got the nod from two dudes today after lifting

And lower back

No, you're just ego lifting. I guarantee you can pick up a 45lb bar without rounding your back.

bench is a meme lift that fucks your posture. ohp >>>>>>>>>>>>> bench

>fucks your posture
Learn to bench. Also, bench uses pecs, OHP doesn't.

Wait so you can't even do a 1 pl8 diddly without rounding your back?

i hurt my back doing OHP, and now i cant do deads, squats or ohp

how?

99% sure he leaned too far back trying to move the weight overhead and tweaked lumbar back.

I've done it myself.

Arching your back while egolifting i guess ( not OP )

i was doing OHP, and hurt my lower back, and haven't been able to fully recover and so cant do any of it

i had a trainer too and was at an SS approve gym. it is likely because i arched my back or lack mobility in shoulders, or overloaded spinal erectors or anything else. but i've been fucked since

so annoying. i will never be able to lift the correct compounds lifts and have to settle for body weight

How can you tell if you're rounding you're back? I feel like even by exaggerating my chest popping out I feel like my back isn't straight enough when I'm bending over?

I'm new to Deadlifts, and I'm lifting baby weights, I just want to make sure I don't injure myself

record yourself

record myself doing what ? why would i try again if i have potentially fucked disk. its been a year and its still aggravates in that area

i literally had an SS trainer with many years exp watching me

it may be because i'm old - was 39 when it happened

he's not talking to you dipshit

He was responding to me, though, when I asked how could I tell if my back was straight

Were your glutes flexed during the OHP?

It's not fucking egolifting when faggy SS program demands you increase 5lbs every workout

Deads are HIGHLY overrated. Maybe good for beginners but 100% not necessary after that phase. Most bodybuilders don't do them because they are so tricky to get enough volume in.

One bad fatigued rep and boom you pulled your lower back and can't go the gym for a week or worse you snapped a disc and can't move furniture or do manual labor for the rest of your life

Unless you're lifting for sports they are ABSOLUTELY pointless from an aesthetics perspective

how much weight was it?

kinda agreed, they're kinda useless for anything besides strength programming. Veeky Forumsizens like them because you can get quite strong at them easily compared to the average populace, i.e. even a dyel guy can get a >5 plate DL with regular training while he still sucks at e.g. bench compared to an average bodybuilder that at most does 2 pl8 diddys for a few slow reps and then goes to bench 3 pl8

deadlifts > squats

deadlift are not any less risky than squats, it really depends on your proportions

if you have long arms and can pull from a good starting position with minimal shear on your back, that's very different from someone with short arms who has to start with their torso basically parallel to the floor

yeah that's complete bullshit though, with the exception of a few genetic anomalies like Maxx Chewning there are very very few DYELs pulling 5 plates

and for every DYEL pulling 500, I can show you an example of a DYEL with advantageous bench mechanics putting up 315+

don't post if you don't know what you're talking about

depends on the person

people built advantageously for conv. deadlift can do more volume with less risk, and it has a pretty good training effect for hamstrings/glutes/low back/traps (depending on person for traps)

people built poorly for the deadlift should stay the fuck away from it for hypertrophy purposes, they will never be able to handle the same amount of volume and their poor starting position will increase their risk of injury

if someone has short arms i would have them ditch deadlift entirely and just do variations of it that aren't so hard on the low back