There are many different opinions on the optimal routines, supplements, exercises...

There are many different opinions on the optimal routines, supplements, exercises, equipment - especially on Veeky Forums.

What are some of the least controversial, but still useful, pieces of information about fitness?

Lift heavy and take a multi.

eat healthy

>What are some of the least controversial, but still useful, pieces of information about fitness?
> PPST by Rippetoe, especially beginner section (intermediate section is somewhat controversial, but solid for strength gains)
> Westside Barbell page by Louie Simmons
> Eric Helms book on nutrition
> Alan Thrall and Candito HQ videos on form (compounds)

These are basically all that you need. There are some other good sources such Lee Boyce, Metal'n'Iron channels on youtube; books by Kilgore, Lascek etc; but other than well stablished names I would avoid any youtubers and ebooks in general (looking at you Alex).

Watch Training with Hinako

If you have the lower body it's hard to build the upper body

Cardio ruins gains.

Why is this useful?

So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body.

This.

Can't you simply adjust for the energy expenditure by consuming more calories, or is there more to it?

I do 2000-3000 m of rowing (~10-15 mins) before every gym session. Feels great for building up a pump, but I don't know if it's detrimental.

Disagree. If anything, it allows you to neglect the lower body while you focus on upper body. This is my exact situation now and I'm seeing quick progress.

Consistency is key.

This, so much. You could do the best program, follow the best diet, and have all the time to rest you want, but if you're not consistent about it, you plateau for a long long time. That's what happened to me, t b h.

>doing cardio before lifting
Way to double the gains lost, bro.

No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem.

If you're not just meming, explain why.

I just eat some more to compensate.

Have you actually looked at anyone who does mostly cardio? They're skeletons, bro. No muscle mass.

yeah.
But doing 15 minutes of rowing doesn't mean that I do "mostly cardio". +1 h of lifting follows.

You are good my man, rowing is a great warm up and cardio is important for health, fuck this cardio kills gainz shit, I'm fucking huge in a good way and row everynight before shower/bed.

if there was ever a secret to making gains it's this:

training volume must increase over time

Start every day with a sip

New fags wont get this

cardio has been shown time and time again to increase gains
>cardiovascular health
>quickens recovery times from strength training
>only need to eat a couple hundred calories extra
400 lb "powerlifter" detected

Isn't the intermediate section basically the texas method? Which has a pretty large following

>Isn't the intermediate section basically the texas method? Which has a pretty large following
Yes, it is. It's great for strength, but many people call it shit bc it's not hypertrophy focused or whatever...

Has anyone ever done the oldschool series routine?

That's why TM allows for adding accessories.

I realise it's not a bodybuilding program, but it's certainly not a powerlifting specific program either. Outside of aiming for new PRs in the big four lifts, it allows for greater customisation than it's linear progression program, in that there are opportunities to add accessories into the program to tailor it slightly to hypertrophy, or more focus on hitting bigger and faster PRs at the end of the week.

I don't see why it's bashed, guys who have done their LP and are wayward into intermediate TM rarely look like shit.

Plus it's easy as fuck to understand for the general population, what to do when you stall, etc. For a non competitive lifter, TM is pretty based user.