Running is for suckers

Running is for suckers.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20140401/too-much-running-tied-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t. Dies at the age of 35 from heart attack

Enjoy your scar tissued heart.

>100 miles

damn even 100 km on bike are not an easy taks

Damn I can't even comprehend what that man is feeling

Honestly who cares? So he doesn't get a little pin or patch or whatever at the end. He still ran 100 fucking miles. Be proud sad runner man.

>friend used to run cross country
>friend needs knee replacement at 32

Sure sounds healthy.

>friend used to sit on couch
>friend needs heart bypass at 32

Sure sounds healthy.

did nobody think of telling him when he went the wrong way?

>hundred-mile-marathon
>hundred mile
>marathon

q

The key to running is not overdoing it Becoming an ultra marathon runner is not healthy but you should be able to crank out a couple miles at a moments notice

>friend used to sit on couch
>doctor tells friend he's healthy
>friend decides to pick up marathon training
>friend needs heart bypass at 32

Sure sounds healthy.

running is very much more functional in the modern world than lifting
>someone attempts to mug you
lifting aint gonna help but running away might
>having sex
lifting makes u sexy but ur gonna gas out quick, also cardio makes ur penor feel real good
>clearer thoughts
lifting makes me sick but running high is best

>friend used to watch anime
>friend died of cancer

Sure sounds healthy.

Enjoy your knee problems and still looks dyel

>running
>not biking or swimming

>you can't run and lift weights together

t. DYEL

Enjoy your clogged arteries because you permabulked

>go for a swim
>drown

>go for a bike
>hit by car

Sure sounds healthy.

Enjoy being out of breath for two thirds of your life

This is why running is for retards. Im superior because i do sports, swimming and tennis master race. I look jacked too without exploding knees and heart problems like these mentally ill marathon runners

>ronnie coleman used to lift very heavy
>black jesus needed back surgery

Sure sounds healthy.

Enjoy projecting your insecurities.

You think running is the only cardio? Lol at this mentally ill runner

>sports
>swimming and tennis
>jacked

Sure thing Twiggy

>>go for a swim
>>drown

>he still insists that running is good cardio.
Lmao running is for losers

Then why are He sexiest people runners and not swimmers or cyclists?

More jacked than any runner tho. Right fatty?

underrated

I went for a little run today. It was quite fun running trhough a beautiful forest.

>my 12 inches are bigger than 11 inches

Go look at the olympics and see the swimmers. While runners look like diarhea shit, sprinting is better

>run through the forrest
>get mauled by a retard

Sure sounds healthy.

>sprinting isn't running

You're desperate aren't you?

Guys I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

I learned about this when I visited a chiropractor and we were discussing exercises that are damaging to the joints.

Apparently if you choose to run on grassy soft fields and avoid asphalt and hard surfaces it greatly reduces the damage and you get a lot more positives from it. You still want to avoid running downhill, but as long as you're not bothered by repetition, say if you run on a soft baseball field back and forth it's actually pretty nice.

I use to get stiff shoulders and neck problems if I went running for a long time on streets, when I tried just grassy fields there was no soreness.

I guess that's why soccer players can keep running like that and don't have a lot of knee problems (i'm guessing)

t. Grass salesman

>go watch the olympics
>get shot down by terrorists

Sure sounds healthy.

What did he mean by this?

Are you dense or just under age?

What could he possibly have meant by this? Really makes you think....

Barkley Marathon

Like every other ultra it is full of dumb meme shit and since you are by your self it is easy to make a mistake that makes the entire thing pointless.

5k is objectively the best distance. Prove me wrong.

>run around baseball field
>get clocked by a foul ball and have a coma

Sure sounds healthy

I got raped the last time I ran through a forest. No thanks.

WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING "SURE SOUNDS HEALTHY"

>functional training

>tell a bunch of pissed off working class rustbelters why they should vote trump
>they actually do it

Sure sounds healthy

Forrest Gump

Your IQ and your shoe size are conveniently the same number

its a fresh meme you dip

>friend used to lift weights
>friend had pic related happen at 32

Sure sounds healthy.

At least he didn't place first.

Also, if she knew at the finish....why didn't they notify one of the rest/water/food stops that he was DQed and pull him out?

Reminds me of one of the death marches in the Olympics where somebody was disqualified for drinking water outside the designated water drinking area

really tickles your thinklers

This is the kind of cardio thread I've come to know and love from forum where people are proud of 65bpm resting heart rate.

this webm never fails to make me crack up

Veeky Forums is really in the fucking dark about cardio it's hilarious but also sad

Is there anything in terms of supplements or nutrition that can help preserve joints?

Fish oil. Omega 3 is good for joints

It is definitely not a normie-tier task.

Sexual assault is not a laughing matter DELET THIS

>friend is a marathoner
>another friend catches a flu

Sure sounds healthy.

Cardio does not necessarily equal running. Being a strong runner and being well conditioned are disparate qualities.

The absolute farthest you should run. A mile is better. 8 minutes of harder work that you rest your heart and skeleton after is better than 25-30 minutes of mediocre work, limited mostly by pain in the flesh and bone because there's no rest. But I think there's still value, any more and it's be truly damaging.

Is jumproping better or worse for my joints than running.

>using a complex mechanism or a specilized environment instead of practicing the form of movement that was the main driving force behind your body's evolution
but why?

nigga you don't need our permission to be a sessile blob of fat and muscle
just do you

Distances between 1500m to marathon are OK if we're talking about endurance events
Anything longer than a marathon is just unnecessary and stupid

it's slightly better since you're able to dampen the fall with the front part of your foot

it also builds big fucking calves

Ultramarathons don't have this problem, it's really a marathon and to a lesser extent half marathon thing.

>run around park
>raped in a bush and contract HIV

Sure sounds healthy

>HIV stands for Humanless Intelligent Vehicle, a provider of driverless cars and buses
>you have contracted them to provide public transport in your city
>the vehicular AI becomes self aware and starts a process to wipe out humanity
Sure sounds healthy.

Nothing but respect for anyone even attempting that shit. Fucking Berkleys are hard.

>friend is a runner
>african children die of hunger

Sure sounds healthy.

>having sex with feminine penis
>aides

Sure sounds healthy.

>BRAAP post frequently while engaging in a bbe face sitting fetish

Sure sounds healthy.

did he died

People who run marathons and ultramarathons have lower life expectancy than the general populace.
webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20140401/too-much-running-tied-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find#1

>Apparently if you choose to run on grassy soft fields and avoid asphalt and hard surfaces it greatly reduces the damage
dude no fucking way that's incredible

an insane amount of long distance runners get very serious kidney problems

it's much worse than roiding

webmd, thanks retard. Go find some peer reviewed studies, then close the tabs, unplug your computer and look at yourself in the dark reflection of your computer. After doing so I want you to go for a short run every morning and be happy and have a well lived life.

>webmd, thanks retard. Go find some peer reviewed studies, then close the tabs, unplug your computer and look at yourself in the dark reflection of your computer. After doing so I want you to go for a short run every morning and be happy and have a well lived life.

So what's a recommended distance if you want to stay reasonably conditioned and mobile? Will 10k do or maybe it's too little?

Here's your (you). Happy now sweetie :^)
""run"" along now, adults are talking and we can play later.

>Here's your (you). Happy now sweetie :^)
>""run"" along now, adults are talking and we can play later.

>long distance runners

What sport is even healthy if you go to the ridiculous extremes?

Well memed my friend, I see what your doing there and would like you to know that its a very lazy tactic that your using. I'd like you to know just how underneath me you are, so far underneath me in fact that I'd rate a cockroach a more worthy foe. You can post as many fedora pictures as you want, but always know in your heart that I have the upper hand. No 'running' from this fight, I await your rebuke.

learn2reply faggot, keep your bitchfight contained

>Well memed my friend, I see what your doing there and would like you to know that its a very lazy tactic that your using. I'd like you to know just how underneath me you are, so far underneath me in fact that I'd rate a cockroach a more worthy foe. You can post as many fedora pictures as you want, but always know in your heart that I have the upper hand. No 'running' from this fight, I await your rebuke.

>even 100 km on bike are not an easy taks
But it is
It's just 5 hours of biking

Your not winning this argument user, all your doing is copying my words and putting them along with a picture of a fedora wearing person. I fail to see the link between me and these people, so your weak rebukes fail to win your case. I fucking hate people like you who I can just tell are sitting smugly behind there computer monitors and spreading shitty links to NEWS SECTIONS of non-scientific and untrustworthy websites and posit them as the truth to support your fucking arguments, I can feel your fucking fat fingers clicking your mouse as you copy my post. I hope you fucking die user, I hope you drown in the depths of your own ineptitude you fat powerlifter-tier supermong. KILL YOURSELF!!!

lel

Enlighten us

There are 2 things I've heard about running I would like to confirm/be corrected on:
>It's bad for your knees
The constant, sudden impact on your knees with will eventually cripple you in old age, which is apparently why so many former runners are now in wheelchairs.

>The body is designed to run/walk efficiently
So it is actually the worst way to do cardio/ burn calories

I clicked on this thinking he is going to drop a heavy weight and make his heart explode. What happened next made me lose my shit. I can't breathe.

Run backwards. Your body is not designed to do that.

>Your not winning this argument user, all your doing is copying my words and putting them along with a picture of a fedora wearing person. I fail to see the link between me and these people, so your weak rebukes fail to win your case. I fucking hate people like you who I can just tell are sitting smugly behind there computer monitors and spreading shitty links to NEWS SECTIONS of non-scientific and untrustworthy websites and posit them as the truth to support your fucking arguments, I can feel your fucking fat fingers clicking your mouse as you copy my post. I hope you fucking die user, I hope you drown in the depths of your own ineptitude you fat powerlifter-tier supermong. KILL YOURSELF!!!

huh?

>friend is dead

Sure sounds healthy.

If running is so bad for you explain how the Tarahumaran Indians, who run over 100 miles at a time - at all ages, have zero instances of heart disease?

We are talking about humans here, alright?

One guy writes a lengthy paragraph ending with KILL YOURSELF!!!
The other guy puts a > and a fedora pic.
Always a pleasure to watch Mixed Verbal Arts.

Makes you think how pathetic we are; those cunts can run over 400 miles in 50 hours. Humans really are "born to run". Why do you think the Greeks sent a man on foot after the battle of marathon instead of a horse.