Keto

What is it like to be in legit deep ketosis?

Other urls found in this thread:

mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/the-consequences-of-agriculture-on-the-human-body/
youtube.com/watch?v=yGVdYiM5IXw
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Like yelling Allah Akbar on a plane or in a airport terminal

I feel wonderful

Lost ten pounds in a week and a half
Steady energy levels all day and crash at bedtime
Skin looks better
I can think like a bogdanoff

who is bogdanoff?

Do you need a quick rundown?

Dude!

it's good mang, i just ate like a stick of butter

what does a stick of butter eat like?

It's a new meme?

Feels like going from 180 to 250 cholesterol levels in just 6 months.
Don't do it.

If you do keto right, your HDL will go up and your LDL and triglycerides will go down.

not that new anymore, and its fucking retarded anyway

What's lifting like while in a deep ktosis?

Also. How bad is lifting during the first two weeks of keto?

I've been on the keto diet for about 6 weeks now. First two weeks I had big problems sleeping, and had headaches. But workouts were strangely ok. It's just willpower. The energy is there to do everything you would normally, you just ignore the headache and lethargy, go to the gym and get on with it. Once you start, everything is normal. It's frustrating to train to failure and not be able to sleep, feel tired all the next day, but this goes away with time. Now I'm through all that, I'm regularly consuming almost 60% more calories than before the keto diet, and still losing bodyfat.

can do less reps
weaker brain
higher sexdrive
more aggressive
can t read or talk fast
much better at cardio
more ripped
much more pimples
cleaner teeth

Barely fart, take a clean* shit every 3 days, constantly need to pee, run out of steam after about 40 minutes of lifting, no strength gains but overall decent fat loss

*as in minimum toilet paper staining

Did keto for 6 months a couple of years back but shit got expensive. Also looking back at pictures I got way too skelly

> 6 months of keto
you'll go skelly mode

>right
How do you do keto right?

>tips lack of nutrtitional knowledge

>Did keto for 6 months a couple of years back but shit got expensive.
I hear ya bro, all those avocados and virgin coconut oil, nuts, etc are not cheap if you live in the wrong place. I also eat a lot of green shit now for fiber and buffering.

>barely ever take a shit
>never ever fart
>constant energy levels
>clearer thoughts
>higher sex drive
>better memory
>more endurance
>went from a 29 BMI to 25 in like 4 months
>I can eat whatever the fuck I want, fat is delicious
>appetite massively decreased, no sugar cravings whatsoever
>eat what I want when I want
>skin looks better

It's the best thing.

>IMPROVED MITOCHONDRIAL DENSITY

>tfw you're too addicted to fruit to go into ketosis

Are those lasting mitochondrial gains?

Replace fruit with vegetables.

Fairly sure a plum or two won't kick you out of ketosis. Most berries are actually really keto friendly. Avoid fruits that were thoroughly bred by humans so stick to the wilder stuff.

You start watching cuckold videos.

natural fats instead of processed shit like bacon

The group of people who are or have been in intentional ketosis is self-selected for gullible idiots and nutritionally illiterate hamplanets so inevitably the information they will give you is false and unscientific.

>bacon
>processed

Come on user, I know you're American but you can find bacon in any butcher shops.

>nutritionally illiterate hamplanets

>lost 4 BMI points, got out of obesity and nearly out of being overweight
>eat what mankind has been eating for 190k years, before discovering agriculture 9.5k years ago

Really shakes my palm tree.

>tfw just started keto and taking mk-677
the lethargy's so bad I feel like I need a keybump of addy just to stand up

>>eat what mankind has been eating for 190k years, before discovering agriculture 9.5k years ago
that's kinda bullshit tho

Humans have been eating grains (including, incidentally, oats) for over 100,000 years, and tubers and fruits for much longer than that.

And it isn't relevant what humans have been eating for how long.

That's what I meant.

Wew lads , 20 g of carbs a day from a bunch wild potatoes , really kick me out of ketosis .

Homo sapiens sapiens appeared 200k to 250k years ago. Agriculture allowed us more regular meals based on grain and general carbs. But it appeared to 9.5k years ago which isn't really anything on the timescale evolution operates on.
So yeah, no, all the figures I've quoted above are common knowledge.

>Humans have been eating grains (including, incidentally, oats) for over 100,000 years, and tubers and fruits for much longer than that.

Check out strains though. Look up what ancient maize or fruits looked like. They were tough skinned tiny pieces of shit that were barely sweet. We literally bred candy trees.

>And it isn't relevant what humans have been eating for how long.

Biology does kinda work like that though.

>They were tough skinned tiny pieces of shit that were barely sweet.
Berries, roots, etc were the same. Try to stay in ketosis after stuffing your face with wild berries.

Also, nuts.

But I think Europeans seasonally went into ketosis.

>Try to stay in ketosis after stuffing your face with wild berries.

Raspberries are about 4% carbs in weight, fairly sure it would be extremely unpleasant to kick yourself out of ketosis that way.

>nuts.

Nuts (not underground shit like peanuts) are keto.

yeah, well cavemen were also 4 feet "tall" manlets with an average life expectancy of 30 years

7 g of fibers for 5 g of carbs
I think you'd get diarrhea before getting kicked out of ketosis .

Chestnuts(if they existed) are all carbs. Not sure about walnuts and hazelnuts.

BTW, what will kick you out of ketosis is a big piece of cooked meat. There go all the caveman theories.

>yeah, well cavemen were also 4 feet "tall" manlets with an average life expectancy of 30 years

Human height actually went DOWN with agriculture

mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/the-consequences-of-agriculture-on-the-human-body/

Life expectancy was of course lower but that was mainly due to child mortality that lowered significantly the average.
On the other hand they didn't have to deal with cavities, Parkinson's disease, cancers, Alzheimer's, diabetes, heart diseases (masaai and Inuit tribes are constantly on ketogenic diets and have 0 heart diseases)

Go chew on raw chestnuts

What happens to ketofags if they have a cheat meal?

>Human height actually went DOWN with agriculture
this is absolute bullshit. it's been proven countless times that better nutrition leads to increase in average height. also pic related, it's what hunter gatherer keto manlets actually look like compared to agriculture masterrace.

>some unrepresentative population skewed the central tendency

Every time this gets brought up I think why didn't they use mean

I like how you just ignored my post. We have hard evidence of processing and consumption of oats and millet, which are high-carbohdyrate grains still consumed today, from over 100,000 years ago. You are astronomically wrong. All you have to do is put those terms into Google to correct your misconceptions.

It's also irrelevant because we have a gigantic mountain of evidence showing without a fraction of doubt that saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease and other health problems and that, conversely, a diet high in carbohydrates is healthy and promotes a healthy body weight.
Simply note that virtually all the healthy and slim nations on earth past and present consume a diet high in carbohydrates whereas high-fat diets are characteristic of nations suffering with obesity and heart disease, such as the United States, Greece, Iceland etc.

The mechanistic data fits with the observational and epidemiological data and it takes a special kind of stubbornness to continue insisting that there is something redeemable about high-fat diets in the face of this evidence.

>implying humans didn't know how to set fire

Oh and we also have evidence of consumption of wild beans way before agriculture too.

I'm not sure if everybody here understands that you do not have to plant grains and beans to eat them. They've been growing on this planet for a really long time and so all you have to do to eat them is harvest them and cook them. Whether you planet them yourself is not relevant at all.

>gigantic mountain of evidence showing without a fraction of doubt that saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease

Where are proof

>gigantic mountain of evidence showing without a fraction of doubt that saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease

Most recent metastudies actually disprove that old-ass 1960's study that was funded by the sugar industry in its quest for a new culprit.

I agree with you that in fruit, nut and grain season humans weren't in full keto, but this is also complete bullshit

>It's also irrelevant because we have a gigantic mountain of evidence showing without a fraction of doubt that saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease and other health problems and that, conversely, a diet high in carbohydrates is healthy and promotes a healthy body weight.

wtf are you on about, those niggas are tall as fuck and have been on ketosis since day 1, they only eat meat and drink blood/milk from their cattle

Before you go full retard on milk, a female ox only has milk when she has a veal, so it's not like they can literally milk them all year long, most of it has to go to its offspring, obviously

But enough about the origins of keto.

People can o it for a reason, end of story.

Let's talk about practical tips and shit.

People in keto will tell you it's great, people who dislike keto will tell you it's bad and confirmation bias/nutritional illiteracy.

You're supposed to have a carb refeed every week.

>You're supposed to have a carb refeed every week.

Not him but unprocessed bacon is rare as fuck these days. I make pork belly strips sometimes and I'm an exception

There's a reason bacon is the number one worst food on the planet for your health and it's because people are completely ignorant to just how processed and shit it is

These nigas are not in keto, not even on atkins because it's almost all protein

youtube.com/watch?v=yGVdYiM5IXw

>bacon is the number one worst food on the planet for your health

??????

I went hardcore ketosis plus calorie deficit for like a month.

Things I remember:

>breath constantly tastes/smells bad
>pooping frequency reduces significantly
>every poo is now liquid shit
>hunger is generally reduced which makes it easier to stick to deficit
>sugar and carb cravings still kind of exist so sticking with keto is kind of tough on a daily basis

>much more pimples
Really? I thought it helped acne go away

?

We've known for years that processed meats are most of what cause food-borne cancers and that bacon is about as bad as processed meats get. It's at the top of most causal links for cancers, heart disease and more

Common sense.

>seeking calorie deficits in keto instead of letting your upgraded appetite handle itself just fine

You're supposed to let your body burn its own fat, that's the whole point.

>Cut a slice of dead pig
>Smoke it

>Most processed food

Niggah , how many level of retard are you on ?

After a while your appetite just does the trick itself.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

In case you aren't and you're just retarded- I already said pork belly is unprocessed/fine

What the fuck do you think bacon is?

So wait
Can i do keto, not go on a deficit and still lose fat?

No but it won't take any effort to run a deficit if you're overweight. After a few weeks of keto, it's nearly impossible to significantly overeat.

>American "Bacon"

Oh you are trolling. Good job, made me reply.

No, body recomposition is great but will not make you lose weight. Calorie deficit is the only way to lose body weight.

Not sure what you're on about but bacon is sliced and smoked pork belly. Or is "bacon" something entirely different in your african tongue-clicking language?

>I'm trolling so hard to pretend bacon is healthy and unprocessed that I'm randomly making fun of africa
Work on your edginess, it's embarassing

>deep ketosis
Can you guys stop? It's fine, Not great for high intensity but GOAT for endurance.

I don't know but it takes time for your body to adapt to keto. First its gotta deplete glycogen, then produce ketones, then stop pissing, breathing and sweating them out, then finally epigenetic markers activate to prefer to use them. The whole thing can take 2-6 weeks I think.

> The whole thing can take 2-6 weeks I think.

WTF I only planned to do a month of this shit at first.

And what hapens when you take a day off and eat a lot of protein and moderate carbs? Have to start from the beginning?

Yep. If you've had a carbless day, you could eat a full pound of them and maintain ketosis.

>WTF I only planned to do a month of this shit at first.

Why? It's literally the god-tier eating paradigm.

>And what hapens when you take a day off and eat a lot of protein and moderate carbs? Have to start from the beginning?

No. It depends on your genetics but it will only set you back 24-72 hours from where you were.

>Why? It's literally the god-tier eating paradigm.
It's a pain in the ass to maintain because literally everything is either too high in protein or is sugar (even shit like cucumbers, onions, spinach)

>Too high in protein
That's not how it works. First off, macros are measured by calorie not gram, in case you didn't know. I'm currently eating chicken thigh which is like 68.5% protein by calorie. i'm also eating butter. My macros will be perfect.

If you eat a lot of raw protein at once you get an insulin release like from sugar.

An exhilarating and liberating pathway to total bliss?

Kek

>ACTIVATE IT

Someone doesn't have an

Can I get a basic gestalt?

Big claims from a little babby

Post sauces or be ignored

The lethargy goes away with time, just depends person to person. For me it was just shy of 2 weeks. Like I say though, it's just willpower. There's a reason we all train and monitor macros - fitness and aesthetics. If you want it, push yourself to get through it.

What's the better memory/story to have...
"I did keto and sat 2 weeks on the couch feeling sorry for my lack of energy" or
"The first two weeks sapped my energy, but I fucking went to the gym and powered through anyway"
?

If there's willpower, then make the body do what it's told. Ignore the drain. Fuck the supplements. Get to the gym. Go now.

>raw protein

Then pair it with butter. It's not rocket appliances.

Butter is probably not enough, you need to eat some fiber heavy shit like greens I guess. But then you eat more carbs.

Wrong.

highsteaks.com/fiber/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

An avocado would be a better choice for fiber on keto.

>Wrong.

What is wrong?

Yeah, avocados were made for keto but you need all kind of vitamins anyway.

The point is that you can't just eat meat and stay in ketosis. You must be careful.

You must be 18 years old to post here.

Exactly, and more importantly you must be able to express your criticism in full sentences.