Has America surpassed the Roman Empire?

Has America surpassed the Roman Empire?

in what, degeneracy, obesity?

In what terms?

In absolute terms of course, in relative no.
Roman state directly ruled over like a third of relevant world at it's heyday, and it's cultural output was immense and still very present, around 1500 (or 500) years since it fell.

America has a literal military presence in around 150 out of 195 countries in the world today. America's cultural output is also immense, you can go to the most remote shithole on Earth and still find kids wearing mickey mouse T-shirts.

This
American cultural output is so prominent people have started forgetting It exists because they’ve never known anything different

post yfw kids in Africa are still wearing American Apparel when the United States balkanizes and disintegrates into 20 warring countries

ITT: Salty europoors whose countries are 10 times older than America but haven't achieved 0,000001% of what America has a achived in less than 300 years.

This. Most of the world leaders today wear the suits. Equivalent of this would be Sassanian leaders wearing togas, roman hairstyles and being shaved. And, of course, using Latin alphabet.

Greatness

>double and triple taped mags
>that one kemono friends nigger with a confederate flag shirt
>The fucking wedding dress

Africa is wild

me 2nd from left

big if true

America's cultural influence easily surpasses Rome's

In their 70 years of cultural hegemony, they managed to make English the international language, and (thank to their mass media like pop music, hollywood and the internet) they made it the first lingua franca to be spread to the pleb all over the world (unlike the previous ones that were only known by a few educated elites and some merchants)

>consumer goods equals culture
Nope.

>mfw when America falls every country in the world will claim to be the Second Washington and will give their leaders titles that are essentially crude translations of "President of the United States"

>america invented the suit

Yes, America is more dominant over the world today than Rome was in it's prime.

>Being this stupid

You're delusional

No, that's dumb. They will adopt other symbolism of the American state such as the phrasing and spirit of our national documents (constitution and declaration), design of the flag, bald eagles, and claiming to be descended from the founding fathers. For an example of this look at the only attempt in history to capture the legitimacy of the American government, the CSA.

>american characters, symbols and cultural products have disseminated into almost every corner of the planet through material and cultural means
>kids in africa playing superman as a result is in no way a testament to the american sphere of influence

>America made English the international language

the lingua franca was french before WW2

>150 years of british hegemony
>hurrurdudurur they spoke french je suis du le relevant guise.

(((American culture)))

in what metric? be specific.
oh wait, this is a shitpost.

Liberian flag too

That's a rare stupid wojak. It's terrifying

[citation needed]

>American cultural output is so prominent people have started forgetting It exists because they’ve never known anything different
This is painfully true, people say that America has no culture because everyone has adopted so much of American culture that it's become the status quo.

The Treaty of Versailles was the first major international treaty to be written in English, before that it was always French. Even as late as 1947 some UN documents were written exclusively in French. French even still remains the lingua franca in sports.

how can people even compare the two? america has gotten so powerful its never been seen before historically. every nation on earth is effected by it in some way shape or form. its so powerful that its not even known weather this level of power is sustainable on a long term scale like the romans. its new waters.

>it's new waters
It's kind of scary when you put it that way. How long do you think America will last as a country, implying the whole world doesn't get nuked before then. I'll give it another 200 years.

I give it 50 years until a civil war breaks out. After the civil war ends in conservative victory the USA adopts a more isolationist stance towards the world and conflicts abroad happen as China, Russia, and the EU fight over the scraps of the former American hegemony.

Yeah I feel like if a civil war happens in America, some powerful country will take advantage of that. It'll be the best opportunity for a powerful militaristic country to attack us.

Gee stop sucking your own dicks. Yes they have surpassed Rome, but that's not saying much, here's other countries that arguably surpassed Rome:
-England
-France
-Germany
-China
-Italy
And I wouldn't even put America at number one. England has produced the greatest scientific discoveries and most significant inventions in history, plus the huge effort in globalisation thanks to a global empire with protected trade routes helping to spread the English language.
France has been the cultural heart of Europe ever since the Carolingian renaissance, France was the lingua France all the way until the 19th century. Their architecture, literature and even their hegemony has had a profound impact on Europe and thus the rest of the world.

No because rome was full of Romans.
America is full of a mix bag of races and religions.
It will fall soon because of this.

the absolute state of Veeky Forums

It's true though.
You'll say i'm a racist because of this, but i really don't care, i'm sick of multiculturalism it has never worked because we are different and always will be.

fuck, you're dumb

You’re a fucking moron, or 13 years old. America has been called a melting pot since it’s founding, the whole country is literally fucking based on the ideas of multiculturalism. Stop being so afraid of people that look different than you, the world isn’t as scary as Fox News makes it out to be

If America is Rome, then what's America's version of the Roman conversion to Christianity?

Better not be fucking Mormonism, I swear to fucking god

Any more insults you wish to send my way?

Yeah you’re an ignorant dipshit who is afraid of his own shadow. You’re the offspring of multiculturalism and yet you’re too stupid to realize that. Grow the fuck up and get out of your comfort zone, it’ll make you a better person cuz clearly you suck. Different user btw

fpbp

Then no.

Lol, no it hasn't.
Other races really only started to get similar rights to whites in the 80s and 90's and only around now they have been able to get into positions of power.
They have already begun to lose their grasp on the world.
I think trump is going to delay that a lot but if they revert back to being a multicultural playground where everyone can get along because we are all the same they will go down the toilet just like every other empire that allowed mass of foreigners in.

One day maybe the USA will convert from Protestantism to Christianity.

I find it interesting that you are telling me to grow up when you are just spitting abuse at me.
I'm not the offspring of multiculturalism you just believe that because you've been brainwashed to think that.

Trumps kids are literally multicultural offspring you dense fuckhead, his wives are from the eastern bloc. You do realize that culture is different than race, right?

This user is right and I'm Arab. Since the birth of this country, it's only been white men who have been in charge. Now we are getting people of color, including Arabs in position of power. This wasn't common for the longest time in America. We still don't know what a true melting pot country is like because non whites have always been under represented in positions of power.

No you idiot it’s because everyone born in America has multiple ethnicities and cultures in their bloodline. If you have Italian and German heritage, you’re the offspring of multiculturalism. How do you not understand this?

How does no one realize multiculturalism isn’t the same as multiracial? Am I taking crazy pills ?

*tips mitre*

I don't think your IQ is high enough to comprehend the point i am making.
Yeah but both of those blood lines are white lol.

America has always been a melting pot of different European cultures. Then in the 19th century the Asians came over and brought their culture. The slaves brought in African culture. We’re literally a melting pot, that’s why when you walk down the street you see people of all different races, religions and cultures. America has always been a land of immigrants, that will never change. For the last time race doesn’t equal culture

No but i think you're taking oestrogen pills the way you are carrying on like a woman lol.

I find it interesting you have to resort to personal abuse. I am 32.5% German and 24.8% Italian, only 10.2% Sub-Saharan African and 32.5% other. There is not any sense in which I am not white and the product of multiculturalism. I am objectively white and you are a fucking retard.

I'm the guy you replied to. I would like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, they will come off as "racist" but i'd appreciate it if you'd answer them?

Go ahead.

Go for it

If I come across like that it is because of the stuff the CIA puts in the water to make the frogs gay.

You can be white and still be the product of multiculturalism, how do you not understand this?

So you are a arab, do you live int eh united states? Are you born there? Where does your family originate, do you identify as american?

>if

I have a house there I use for tax purposes and an American passport. I wasn't born there and I sometimes like to describe myself as American.

Where were you born then?
Is english your second language?
Why do you describe yourself as an american ?

That's a great poem, user, you have good taste.

I'm half Arab. Syrian and Lebanese on my mom's side. French and Scottish on my dads side. My Arab grandparents came here and my mother born here. So yes I consider myself American, but I don't consider myself "white". I am totally Americanized and I don't feel Arab, but rather a white boy who's trapped inside of an Arab if that makes sense. Probably because all my friends I grew up with have been white.

>Where were you born then?
Qatar
>Is english your second language?
In a way, not in the sense I have trouble speaking it, like for example a West Virginian who was homeschooled might.
>Why do you describe yourself as an american?
Sometimes it is convenient.

No country will attack us directly. They'll support various rebel factions, but they won't attack us directly.

Also I'm the guy you replied to. The Syrian Lebanese dude. I don't know why the other guy is joining in

Yeah i'm really confused lol
Do you think that you only feel like you are an white guy trapped in an arabs body because you were raised around whites?
Do you often think about this or does it trouble you ever?

I think you can be whatever you want to be in America, sometimes I feel like a woman trapped inside a man's body. The best thing about being a Syrian Lebanese American is that no one minds if you shave your legs and wear short skirts.

That was pretty good mate, you had me going for a while, and this is coming from an aussie.

I used to have identity problems in middle school because that's when I started looking more Arab, but I'm not bothered by it anymore and I take pride in my heritage. It's so fun to fuck with white liberals though when I talk politics

I think if another country attacked during a civil war that would be a major catalyst for unifying

>mfw a fucking rapper called me an american wannabe in my cunt the other day

>states what different cultures make up their heritage
>so many different ethnicities there’s an “other” category
>”lol I’m not the offspring of multiculturalism”

Most analysts give America about 100 years before it is surpassed by China on the world stage (far sooner by economic measures)

Rome would be preeminent for about 1000 years, and longer when we consider their immense cultural legacy in Europe, particularly through the Catholic Church which is often considered the successor of Western Rome.

America has enjoyed preeminence for less then 100 years.

Realistically America will never match the influence of Rome on human history.

The EU will be long gone at that point. There's no possibility it lasts another 20 years, let alone 50 years without having at least one 'european civil war' at this pace. Though some new attempt to unify europe might be done starting from the ashes afterwards.

>Italy

OH WO HO HO HO HO

But it wasn't.
What you people term "multiculturalism" was in past one culture dominating over other cultures, or EUROPEAN cultures mixing over time.
Great migrations (in relative terms), like French Protestants leaving for Prussia, or Walloon immigration to Sweden, they almost always resulted in complete and quick assimilation. No one tried to adapt to newcomers. No one tolerated inferior cultures, and if he was forced to by circumstance it usually resulted in bloodbath later on.
Here's a detail: 50% of Morrocans in Netherlands feel no attachement to the country they are born in.
Do you think that's normal, and sustainable?

Well... We've been around for a little over 200 years and are already on the verge of a spectacular collapse, so probably not.

Rome didn't go to the Moon.

I mean, it's called lingua FRANCA for something

Bait

>America isn't full of Americans

>there was only one ethnic group and religion in the Roman Empire

>Italy
>Germany

This thread is about America, not the Netherlands

Germany owns ~5% of the world GDP currently you fucking numbskull

it takes a lot more than a fat GDP to surpass Rome, idiot.

>Modern 20th to 21st century Germany does not have standard living conditions, military power, economic relevancy or any cultural impact greater than a civilization that died out more than 1000 years ago that literally threw its peasants and slaves into a fighting pit to get mauled by animals for entertainment
Let me guess
You would've been a military tribune for Caesar if you were born during that time period?

>barely 200 years.
Nope.jpg

They’re about two thousand years of technological advancement apart. Humans surpassed them when we started giving fucking malaria shots if not before then
Has France surpassed the Mayans?

>he thinks Germany has more military power, economic relevancy, or cultural impact relative to other nations in 2018 than the fucking Roman Empire did relative to its contemporaries

Germany is a great country to live, I'm not disputing that. It's not even on the same tier as Britain, France, or the Roman Empire though.

>Has France surpassed the Mayans?

Most definitly
France invented cars, photography, movies....
What have the Mayans even invented aside from the 2012 apocalypse myth?

When you say italy, do you mean the modern nation state of Italy, or are you going back to Italian parts of the HRE? Because modern italy really hasn't done anything of merit