Intermittent Fasting

I'm on my first day of intermittent fasting.
redpill me pls

if you think autistically timing your meals does anything you are a prime candidate to edit the Journal of Broscience (TM).

oh look it's this thread again

Shit is awesome. Not being bothered with breakfast, eat heavy after training, bulk and cut at the same time, works like a charm. On IF 8/16 for over a year know

I love how they provided pubmed studies to back up their claims when making this infographic

so you eat the same amount of nutrients and calories per day, but not split into 3 meals or so?

>increases test
Citations needed

I'll try fasting for like 2 days just to see how it will make me feel.

It was a good thread though.

So is IF just not eating at the morning, then eating all your daily calories in 8 hours and then fast for 16 hours? Do you still eat the same amount of calories in the 8 hour window as you would eat normally?
I'm kinda interested because I don't have trouble fasting but I like to eat huge meals. I could easily fit in my daily TDEE in two meals, if not one.

Pretty much.

I think your eating window can be whenever though, you don't HAVE to skip breakfast.

>16/8
>not fasting for at LEAST 18 hours

never gonna make it

Do you workout fasted tho? I feel like I would pass out if I tried to squat or deadlift with an empty stomach

>realherb
Hey OP, I've got some homeopathic meds to sell ya.

If it feels bad don't do it. You can eat whenever in your time window, if your first big meal is at 10 and you work out at 6pm you can eat an hour before that and then a big meal after the training.

you are reducing your calories while taxing your adrenals

TRAIN YOUR CARBS

What's the difference between 16/8 and alternate day fasting?

I read into 16/8 but it sounds like the exact same thing pretty much.

Try it. I guarantee you'll surprise yourself.

What can I expect?

Does fasting damage you in any way? I tend to eat between 2pm - 8pm. I've been doing it for around a month and 2 weeks so far, I don't want to carry on if it has some long term damages to my body.

Been fasting for 5 months now. Really fixed my digestion.
Don't fap. Not eating makes your body more reliant on the energy boost from holding off.

>Does fasting damage you in any way?

Humans have had to fast for thousands of years. Before the industrial revolution, only royalty could ever afford to eat more than once a day.

Training while fasted is great for cutting because it makes your body use its own fat, and IF boosts it more

>drops insulin
>GH increases.
It surprises me how naive people in this board are.

High energy levels do to digestive system not constantly churning. Focus, lightness, clarity of mind. Hell, I even feel stronger without a belly full of food.

Have a black coffee just before you go.

it also increases your cortisol even more, which is shit for your muscles. You do you tho

Does having milk with coffee break my fast?

Pretty sure milk will. Coffee needs to be black.

>Before the industrial revolution, only royalty could ever afford to eat more than once a day

lol

Cortisol is actually healthy. It's the bodies natural way of getting rid of shit it doesn't want, boosting your immune system and kickstarting your body when you wake up and in emergencies.
Too much and for too long is bad for you.

It's like dieters being terrified of the dreaded catabolic state. Why? Catabolism is what you want. You want your body to canabalize your fats. That's what that means. You workout to MAINTAIN muscle and help burn the stored energy.

I better get used to black coffee then

Any proof user?

Yes. Anything that metabolises breaks fast. Even herbal tea.

This:

Herr Berkham says about twenty calories is the limit - some chewing gum, pretty much.

You get used to it after a few weeks. Drinking creamer now actually taste horrible and upsets my stomach.

Intermittent fasting is basically intermittent keto .

Actually it's nothing like that.

I do some form of it on off days. It works a little and it's a little bullshit. People say you'll have high energy, lie. I cringe any time someone says that. More likely you'll be addicted to caffeine. Anyone on a cut can lift on an empty stomach, that's not that hard. After awhile it's not fun anymore, you'll most likely burn more muscle and get no pump. Also doing real world manual labor jobs while you fast is dumb as shit. Where's your energy gonna come from if you work 6+ hours straight of intense labor? If you have an easy job, and don't move much I'd do IF, otherwise it's probably a waste of time and will give you an eating disorder.

Since I am cutting now, I pretty much do 23/1 IF fasting, which literally means that I eat one giant meal a day. When I was bulking, it was more like 21/3 hour fast, as I would eat a giant mean, and an hour or two later would drink a liter of milk.

What can I say, it fits my needs. I hate preparing food, so only having to do it once a day really helps out. I also cant wake up early enough to eat breakfast, and once I leave my house and go to uni and gym, I come home in the evening anyways. In the hours that I am busy I no longer feel any hunger, so its easy to eat once a day. Also, I am the kind of guy who once starts eating, cant stop, so one huge meal a day works great for that.

During this season I went from 82kg to 91kg, only losing very little definition, at most 2% BF. That being said, I did work like a horse 6 days a week for around 2 hours everyday. I am 185cm btw, probably around 12-14% BF.