In 30 years we will just upload our bodies onto cute android girls, so why bother training your shotty flesh sack...

In 30 years we will just upload our bodies onto cute android girls, so why bother training your shotty flesh sack? Use the time working, invest, and in 30 years you'll be able to buy the cutest android

How do you know I don't?

i hope not i want to die living in a husk would be horrible unless i was surrounded by unlimited entertainment...which couldn't happen i just want to be hit by a truck...or have my mother die soon

you are living in a husk though. you'd just get a vastly superior husk in every way.

I'm 26 right now. In 30 years I'll be 56. I'd rather be a cute android girl in my 50's and onward and be cute in my own body now until then.

But if it's anything like Soma, it isn't really living on in that body, it's your personality being downloaded. That's not the same thing.

This might be a controversial position to take, but I don't want to be a cute girl.

What if when you transfer your "conscience" onto the android you die and just the android( with your personality) lives on

What if it's a brain transplant?

if anything its creepier because its just a computer tricking your loved ones into thinking that its you by using the data transferred from your dead brain

i dont want a husk period i just want to leave this horrid place reality is cruel and merciless everything that is shown rose tinted is usually actually horrible

Why not save your money up for some kinda VR then? make investments that can keep you going forever in 30 years, then plug yourself up to a fantasy mmo forever
that's fucked up

What about sunny days and fresh spring air?

those are only after the thunder rain and pitch black night

I like watching thunderstorms from my window and the peaceful calm of night is how we derive the respite we've earned during the day.

Upload our bodies?
Don't you mean upload our mind or consciousness.
And what happens to you when you do that? you make one copy of your brain in an AI and the other copy is still here sitting in your body just like it ever was. Unless you plan on killing the biological you.
In that case why would the biological you want to be killed, and is the copy of you even the real you

What if it's a brain transplant? What if your brain has slowly gone entirely digital over the last 15 years due to cybernetics either way?

Perfect copies are quantum mechanically impossible.

The process of transferring your consciousness or perfectly copying your brain would automatically kill the original in the process.

In that case I'll continue training my "shotty flesh sack" as diet and exercise improves the health of your brain too.
No point transferring the brain into an android or any physical system either, just stick it in a jar and simulate experiences.
Modify the pleasure and reward pathways of the brain too to their maximum potential

>stick it in a jar and simulate experiences.

Prove that isn't already happening to you.

Not possible until we know more about consciousness. It may never be possible

I cannot fathom how defective one would have to be to think such a thing.

how do you know we don't know more than you think we know if you're in a simulation?

Justify your statement

Boy in 30 years shit will hit the fan and only the strong will survive
> t. Training for fallout

exactly, and the strong will be the ones in nuclear powered little girl androids

>not keeping your body healthy so you can work more efficiently for a cuter robody
Step it up.

leave /r9k/

Out
Get out
Out out out
Get out NOW NOW NOW!!!

pleb