3pl8 club 1rm general

Veeky Forums I finally did it I benched 335 yesterday I have joined the 3 pl8 club after almost 2 years of lifting. Can we get a circle jerk thread where we brag about 1 rep max. Under 225 need not apply.

Unless you're roiding or have lifted in the past it's hard to believe you hit 3 pl8 bench in under 2 years. Memes aside, your genetics are either amazing, or you're a roiding faggot.

T. Lifting for 2 years can't even bench 225.

It's always an underachiever like you who comes and tries to put others down to your weak level.
If you can't lift 225 in 2 years you are not trying hard enough.

not op but i had a mate who was benching 2.5pl8 for reps in a year and a bit, but he did have really good genetics and bulked up to 230lbs at 5'10. 3pl8 in 2 years is pretty crazy i cant think of anyone at my gym who benches that in the year ive been going not a PL gym or anything though.
im at 285 1rm after 2.5 years training

>im at 285 1rm after 2.5 years training
now that think about it i probably would have hit 3pl8 a while ago but ive had set backs with holidays and shit going on

Was there anything else besides bench pressing that helped your bench press? How import is lat / rowing? The obvious stuff about triceps for lockout etc is obvious.

Reeeeeeeeeeee

Congrats dude 335 is totally obtainable with good genes in 2 years. I'm only 305 1rm myself, almost there user. 2,3,4,5 @ 183-85 in 2018

body stats and routine plz

250/129.5/242 (kg) gym
240/125/240 (kg) comp
78kg bw and 2.5 years lifting
Im hoping 3 pl8 is approaching for my next meet

>tfw only 2pl8 benchlet

I mean I don't have video but you just need to bench man. Eat more bench more? I weigh just under 200 and workout about 2 hours a day 6 days a week. Bench 3 times a week and do arms another. You can do it just gotta work. Only thing I have ever taken are some sarms and I was benching 295 before that.

Idk what the best other thing would be I but I work on my upper back in general very hard when I can. I spend a whole day doing 4 types of lat pulldowns, rows, and pullup movements literally just do everything in the gym. I think the one thing that helped me the most though was incline dumbells. No matter what my bench was doing Heavy Dumbells once a week destroyed my chest. Id do like 8 sets from 40lbs to 80lbs on dumbells with reps from 12 to like 4 at the end. That was the best decision I made.

How long would it take a wristlet to get from a 2pl8 bench to a 3pl8 bench?

>been lifting for 7 months
>1 rm is 230
>5 rm is 185

is it supposed to be this disproportionate

followed an 8-6-4-2-1 program before switching to 5x5 recently

I bench 2-3 times a week and 1 day I do Biceps and triceps.

Day 1 I lift heavy after warm ups I do Heavy Doubles up to 85-90% I probably do 4-5 sets total and 2 sets before hand to get warmed up of about 60-70%. After I use a slingshot to help me lift heavier I have the lightest version and lift alone so I used it to practice 315 before I ever hit it. I do 2-3 sets of doubles and trips with that. Next I do Flys, Incline press, Machine press of some kind, cable flys sometimes, and some other the head motion for triceps. Sometimes I do more than this just depends how I feel on that day.

Day 2 of benching is 4-6 sets of 5 of the heaviest you can go. Then keep the pump going with lighter weight for a few consecutive sets doing 10-20 reps. I basically do the same assistance as the other day but this day I may do Dumbell presses.

Day 3 of the week is Light bench just whatever I am feeling normally its day 2 weights but triples just to warm up. I will do heavy dumbells presses 4-8 sets of 12 down to 4 reps starting at a light weight like 40 pnds and move to 80-110 depending on how I am feeling. I will do more assistance exercises until I am burnt out normally the same as other days. I love flys and machine press to burn out.

Last I think an Arm day just to do bis and tris helps a ton. This is my arm day I typed out before-

4x Hammer Curls (on the heavier side start light move up in weight) 10 each arm rotating
Super set over the head tricep extensions heavy about 12 each set.

Big Bar curls 4x Sets of 12 to 15 with 10 on each side less if you can't finish sets. These are ment to be fast to burn out.
Superset with tricep extensions with a 25 or 45 over your head as many as you can do I am for 30.

4x Preacher curls. Go light you should be semi tired at this point get a weight you get resistance from though. I can preacher curl quite a bit but use 30s or 35s. Aim for 12 each arm and squeeze as hard as you can each time coming up and at the top. Slow as you can until it hurts too much then speed up.

Cable curls and extensions. I personally just use the cable no attachment for this. I grab the clip it gives you a good forearm burn as well. Aim for 15 in each exercise per arm. Do 15 hammer curls with just the cable each arm the immediately move the pulley up and do tricep extensions. There are a ton of different variations you can do for this. You can turn around and tricep extension across your chest or facing it just pulling down. Just do what burns the best.

Sitdown isolation Curls. Get a very low weight. Curl the dumbell between your legs bent over. Go all the way down max extension and a squeeze up. Aim for 8-10
Superset Skull Crushers. You can do this with whatever you want I use the big bar with 30 extra pounds. I lay down on bench press backwards for room. Then low weight almost touching chest then move up to forehead slowly and extend triceps to top positions and repeat. Aim for 10-12

Last Machine Curls. I prefer using both arms not a fan of individual curls on machines. Do a weight you can do 15-20 of at this point. Do 4 sets.
Superset with Machine Tricep extensions of some kind. Same rep aim.

t. lifting for 5 months and doing 5x5 with 225

How the fuck do you guys manage to stay so weak after working out for a year +

You've got good form and strength. Your one rep tires you out so you can't do more. For me, there's no difference between my one rep and six rep, meaning I have some sort of weakness which is failing me when the weight gets heavy.

I was stuck at 140kg like this because of weak triceps

No, a 230 1rm should put you around a 205 5rm. Not really sure what to recommend except do more sets of 5+ reps?

You said you workout 6 days a week, so what are your other 2 days?

whats ur bw

Legs and back