It's time to update the sticky

>training for aesthetics
>low weight high reps
>literally no risk of injury
>will look fantastic
>not doing the same 3 exercises over and over again so you don't get bored by going to the gym
>start seeing results 2 months in which keeps you motivated

>training for strength
>low reps high weight
>big risk of injury
>b-but you won't get injured if you get your f-form absolutely perfect
>literally look like shit
>only good for e-dick measurements online about how much you squat
>doing the same exercises over and over again like an autist
>can literally see no difference in 1 month of lifting unless you "bulk" which means you get fatter

Strength training is the biggest meme in Veeky Forums history. The sticky is worthless, it is literally telling everyone to train like a high school football player. Sticky should be updated for the majority of people's goals. Nobody in real world cares about how much you squat or how fast you hit 1/2/3/4, they only care about how good you look.

>b-but I don't lift for other people
>b-but I only lift for strength
>I-I'm a p-powerlifter, not fat

It's time to put and end to this delusion Veeky Forums. Oh and unless you are a manlet, you will never look as good as all the "goal bodies" you post, unless you are roiding of course. Put that in the sticky too.

Other urls found in this thread:

sluthate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74651
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do bodybuilding routines but someties for fun ill do low reps high weight.

Restricting yourself is retarded. Do what works for you/what you enjoy.

Fuck off DYEL

>implying highschool football players look bad
>implying they dont get more pussy than you ever will in your entire life

have fun with your "aesthetics" son, maybe you should train for football and actually do something usefull instead of slaving away at your homegym to impress your mom.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I don't advocated not doing compound lifts, that would be retarded.

But the sticky literally forces people to train one way, without taking into goals which is absurd

Why are you getting so defensive anons? Did you get meme'd into trying the sticky and got fat in the process?

the only thing I got "memed" into was playing football at a high level and the fact that you dont see the physiques of football players as the absolute epitome of humanity makes me mad.

nobody cares about some gay guy curling in the gym all day, what girls want is the guy getting cheered on by hundreds of people to win the game for his hometown user.

>the absolute epitome of humanity

Also
>associating training for aesthetics with only curling

another proof that you got memed by the sticky.

>irrational hatred of people training their arms

>daily reminder that this guy earns more in a year than you in your entire lifetime
>apart from that he also fucks more women in a week than you in a lifetime

stay mad faggot

You would rather look strong then actually be strong? Wtf is wrong with you?

>the physiques of football players as the absolute epitome of humanity

wew

He will also die 20 years earlier than me while being concussed 15 times

>associating success with how much money you earn or how many STD ridden sluts you fuck

are you literally 15? I'd rather live a healthy life surrounded by people I love, while also not looking like a fat piece of shit.

Being both would be ideal but it's almost impossible without roids so I would choose looking strong because let's be honest, there are no real life scenarios that would require me squatting 400 pounds

The sticky is for noobs, teaching tgem compound lifts first because those are the building blocks of muscle growth for the gym.

You dont wqnt to overload newbies, let them ease into things otherwise they'll giveup.

Most of my high school's football players were fatasses.

People keep bitching about height so put this link up
sluthate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74651
Hopefully it will help reduce the height threads a bit

>wanting to lift for strength instead of looks
>meme
>implying you can't do Strength and hypertrophy

Fuck off newfag. Lurk for more than a week before posting

>the physiques of football players as the absolute epitome of humanity

good idea
/fit is too many whiners and too many wanna be meatheads

>Training for aesthetics
>No risk of injury
Wrong
>Will look fantastic
Based on what? You still need perfect diet, form, and sleep. And then what? A DYEL that can rep 10 lbs dumbells for 20 reps isn't going to look as good as a guy that can rep 45 for 5 with good form.
>Doing the same exercises over and over
Depends on your routine. If you're using SS for a whole year or SL then sure, but no one recommends staying on them long or for doing them without ANY accessories.
>Seeing results in 2 months
Based on what? Name a routine.

>High risk of injury
If you're retarded yup.
>Literally looks like shit
Irrelevant if you're improving. You wouldn't agree that a DYEL repping 10 lbs dumbells or 135 bench is going to look better than someone doing double or triple that.
>Only good for dick measurements.
Oh. And actually getting stronger. Y'know. So that you can actually move onto heavier weights
>No difference in 1 month
Hilarious that you use half the time than for your first example, and that you "see" no difference despite strength improvements that are focused on.

People like you should have a temp ban for a month or more for acting like complete fucking autists.

These two aren't mutually exclusive. For sure, if someone's goals are exclusively to get cut a bit and not get strong or big at all then they can work on hypertrophy.

But if you want to look THICC then you're going to want to aim for 1/2/3/4/ for reps. The point is to get intermediate strength via low rep high weight (empirically proven as the best method of training) and THEN move on to something like a PPL in order to take advantage of that strength
Its not one or the other its a mixture of both depending on your specific goals.

The guy that works a strength routine and builds up to 5x5 of 135 OHP will do it so much faster than someone doing a prosplit that he can afford to go on a cut if its necessary. Which may not even be warranted if he's incorporated accessories and cardio.

>you will never look as good as all the "goal bodies" you post, unless you are roiding
Only legit part of OP's post.

am i the only one that wants to lift for strength?
I want to be able to toss around my girlfriend like a fucking ragdoll (well that is if i every get one)
also knowing how much you can lift is a total ego/confidence booster

Post your body OP.
Guarantee you look like shit.

oh man you remind me of alex,what happened to that guy btw?

All of the participants in those studies were mostly untrained and the studies never went beyond a few months.
I'm not even going into how bad the training modalities are.

That list is mostly bullshit and is used by power lifting faggots to shill their workouts to idiots.

kys

This.
OP if you post a time stamped Chad body you can count this as a win.
Else your a fag