/fat/ - Fatty General

Daily reminder at the end of the day, only calorie intake matters, ignore fasting autists

Prev thread: Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, dont bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isnt the problem.

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-sweet-potatoes-with-honey-butter-recipe
aworkoutroutine.com/cant-do-pull-ups-or-chin-ups/
amazon.com/Guys-Award-Winning-Sugar-Original/dp/B0079OWL16?th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for jump rope HIIT

>tfw candy is too sugary now

>Daily reminder at the end of the day, only calorie intake matters, ignore fasting autists

well, fasting usually does involve eating less...

but ignoring that, intermittent fasting is one way one fixing insulin sensitivity, same with keto.

having good insulin sensitivity means high ratio of lbm to fat gain when you decide to bulk, amongst other things

That's not about IF it's about that autist that is telling people to consume nothing but water for weeks at a time.

>intermittent fasting is one way OF fixing
fixed

Let's get this out of the way: fasting is good and works better for some people, but doesn't work out of CICO logic. Let's not waste another thread on this.

Dieting was the only thing keeping me going. I've fallen off the wagon and now I can't stop thinking about becoming a hero. Life isn't worth it.

My TDEE is 2700
I can't eat much more than 1200, it's 1600 at most and that's if i down some protein shakes

Yeah life sucks, drop out. At the moment I'm trying to make mine less miserable and dieting and exercise helps quite a bit.

im 5'7 185 pounds how come I dont look obese? gonna start my psmf tomorrow because i lost most of my definition tho

This.

Calories in/Calories out is objectively true and works.

That said, it's not the only thing going on in your body so there are other factors that can influence and speed up/slow down your body's rate of change and how it stores food, etc.

There's no reason to make this an autistic sperg fit. Two groups of people have true/potentially useful information and apperantly don't want to just accept that someone else might have something to contribute to the discussion.

>helps quite a bit.
until you have to stop

sunday is my meal prep day for the week. what are you guys making today?

>BBQ Chicken
>sweet potato and onion baked dish
>quinoa
>steamed broccoli, carrots, and peas

i don't prep breakfast since i have time in the morning to make it before work, but everything i listed will be for lunch/dinner

>If you can talk...your heart rate is too low

This actually made me feel kind of good about my last few workouts. I thought I was just weak because I could barely talk to my trainer when i finished my cardio session. I always worry "Am i pushing myself hard enough?" during my cardio sessions so this is a nice easy way to tell (since i sweat like a gross slab of meat whether i'm working hard or not).

I've been using my forearm sweat as an indicator until now lmfao

I'm mostly too lazy to meal prep. Or maybe more accurately, I haven't made it a habit so I often don't think about it. Also I live in Poland and everything's closed past 5 on sunday, and I'm doing work between like 4-6 and sleeping until 4 so.

I really should be doing meal prep though. Shit would be so much easier. Maybe I'll just do it on mondays or something.

The only kind of chocolate i can eat now is 70+% cacao. Which is good since it's super low in sugar compared to what i used to crave, and i can eat more for a serving than I could for all favourites.
I still miss soda though but la croix almost fills that void in my heart. almost.

Fasting isn't for everyone so I think it'd be better for us to all accept that for some of us, fasting is the way we'll make it, but also not force it as the end-all be-all to weight loss since it's obviously not.

Fasting for me lead to binging so i don't fast. If i do i can do one day at most (and i usually do this when i just feel sick. I know "cleansing" is bullshit but i do feel better afterwards even if it's a half-day fast).

Is he a troll or just stupid? At most you can safely do i think a month of water fasting but like with anything you should listen to your body if you go that extreme. If you feel dizzy or sick, for fucks sake eat something (This goes for fasters though not us regular fatties)

I'm an oldfag so i need to correct your meme
>an hero
That said, tell me your story user. Tell me your progress and how you fell off. Let me see if I can help you get back on track instead. I've fallen off many times and this time has been the only time i've stuck with this for more than a week (I think like 8 weeks exactly is my streak right now?). You just need to find what works for you so maybe what works for me will help you too user. Don't give up. Life is worth it , giving up is what's not worth it.

>awkward grammar

gonna check out the bpa free stuff, i'm not educated on the plastic food debate so it might be paranoia speaking for me. 3 meals might be my best option what also helped was staying hydrated. i carry around a reusable metal water bottle and try to drink about 3200ml/day (not sure if that's overdoing it.)
Might try and focus on it this way.

carbs --> protein ---> fiber

Makes it easy

Anyway thanks user, I was expecting responses to be more vitriolic. this was a nice surprise to an overall shitty week

Are you implying you literally can't do it at all?

The lowest carrb but they are all too high in carbs. 60-75% fat, 15-30% protein and 0-10% NET carbs by calorie is what you should aim for. 0.8-1g per lb of lean muscle mass (weight - (weight * BF%)) if you're trying to build muscle. That is what a well formulated ketogenic diet looks like. Cronometer is a good keto food diary because it has keto settings specifically for LCHF/keto people.

You're almost ready to join the 85%+ master race.

>an hero
Thanks. There's no track to get back to though. I lost all the weight, got too skinny, added some back, looked skinnyfat, lost and got too skinny again, then bulked some muscle to look decent. Now I'm chubby again. Thing is, no matter if I'm fat, skinny or decent looking my life is still shit and I will never have anything other than fear and crushing loneliness. Being fat is damaging, yes, but working on losing fat is a good distraction from everything else. Now I don't even have that. I have no idea what to do.

I stopped running away from myself

Reminder that sugar is literally cancer and it's 1000x easier to stay below your calorie target if you eliminate sugar (anything containing sucrose) entirely from your diet

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Im not positive buti'd guess it's your height, good fat distribution, or having a lot of the weight be muscle. Can't really tell unless you show us a pic user.

I agree with you here. Both are valid methods, both can be healthy ways to lose weight. Talk about your method without demanding people accept it as the One True Method.

Not user but why would you have to stop?

Same here user! I'm still working on the plan right now (i.e. procrastinating because of Veeky Forums). I usually plan on saturday and prep on sunday but i'm a little off my game due to some sleep problems lately.

But some staples for me every week
>Muffin tin omelet cups
>Muffin tin meatloaves (easy to get proper servings. I have mini loaf pans but my friend is borrowing onenow or i'd just use that
>Baked chicken and veggies on one pan
>Garlic honey soy crockpot chicken

Seriously use a crockpot for meal prep it's a lifesaver if you do every meal in one day (I do breakfast, lunch and dinners so i don't have to worry aboutany of my meals but it's a lot).

I'm trying to see what else i can make since my husbando didn't like some of the dishes from last week (a soup and a peanut thai chicken salad. the latter tasted really weird and had a bad consistency in the end, and the former was idk...missing something and i don't know what.)

Whats that sweet potato onion baked dish user? :)

I do the shopping the day before (usually) along with the planning. Even just prepping one set of meals can help you out. I say try it out. Do what meal is hardest for you to stick to (Do you end up buying lunch more often than making it for instance? Or maybe dinner is hard to get to after a day of work so you end up making easier, less healthy things?).
I think breakfast is the easiest one to start with if you want to try starting with one meal :) I'm crazy so i do all three mealtimes and snacks.

>had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch the other day
>head almost exploded

couldn't believe how sweet it was

it was great though

>I stopped running away from myself
So you gave up, everyone does. But if you haven't killed yourself yet in only means you know there a still things to do. Pointless might they be but they have to be done if you are still here.

No. I tried and failed to kill myself. I'm too much of a coward to do it, but I don't have a choice. I think I need to find an indirect way of doing it, like getting someone else to do it for me. Walking into traffic for example. That way I can just stand there and let the truck to the job.

I'm not 100% educated on it but i know the gist is BPA (whatever it is, my husband knows more than I do) can leech nasty shit into your food or drinks, especially if it's heated (so coffee or a fresh cooked meal).
The easiest way to know if something has bpa in it is to smell it. If it has that really harsh overpowering plastic smell it's got bps and possibly other shit in ityou don't want to eat.
More people should be paranoid since no one should be okay with eating plastic yknow?
More and more brands are converting to it though so it should be easier to find. It might be harder to find on amazon though so look around. Worse comes to worse, cool your food before you store it, and don't eat it up in the plastic. I suggest looking into the off brand pyrex though (Or pyrex itsself if you can afford it, they seal really nicely and come in a lot of great sizes for meal prep) since glass is better and you can heat up your food right in it if you're okay with microwaves (Modern microwaves are fine, but if you have one from like the 70s or earlier those are the ones i get paranoid about just while we're on the topic. My husband's grandma has on and it can run with the DOOR OPEN. that's freaky to me.

And i agree on the hydration! I keep a bottle by my side at all times (even if i'm drinking a la croix i'll alternate between them lol). Mine is 1000 ml/32 oz and i usually drink 2. I think it's okay to drink as much as you are. If you drink the whole thing in one sitting, that's when drinking too much water becomes a bad thing (You basically drown yourself or something idk. it happened to the "hold your wee for a wii" lady, you can google it, she died :( )

And dude no problem! Sometimes /fat/ can be full of drama, autism, and shitty trolls but i try to come on once a week to add to the support since i get a lot of support myself. Ignore the trolls, there's some good recovering whales in here like us haha.

Good luck user! :D

Well I'm an intermittent faster (Honestly it wasn't a conscious choice I just naturally sorta eat in a small window late in the day) so traditionally I'm a 1 meal 1 snack sorta guy.

I'm also the guy who posts about stir fries and encourages people to post recipes and learn to cook.

What I've been doing is eating 3-4 stir fries a week, with 'random other stuff' on the other days that fits into my calories. Today for example I'm eating some leftover stir fry, a small frozen lasagna, and some garlic bread. I budget like crazy for garlic bread I swear to god.

So what I really ought to do is prep all the stir fry ingredients in convenient packages and just cook on the day. Would be very easy. Just need to get into the habit.

Also my two biggest cravings are chinese food and fried chicken. The chinese food I've amply solved with the stir fries (I just do different sauces and seasonings so I get variety with the same ingredients) and for the fried chicken I just season and oven-cook chicken legs.

so about SS and chinups, someone said watch scoobys guide to them but like, im 300 lbs aint no way im doing a god damned pullup

>>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
>fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

My caliper says I'm at 13,50 %, and I see my abs (they are a bit developed, I'm training with kettlebells). This gives me a 17%...

>got pretty drunk last night
>ended the night with a single mchicken and a water
>woke up in the middle of the night and pissed in my water cup
>forgot about this
>woke up hungover and started drinking my piss
how many calories are in piss?

Ah no i meant 70% is the lowest. I'll eat 90% happily to be honest, i just can't find higher than 70 where i'm living right now :( Visiting my hometown soon so maybe i'll enjoy a bar there. Only way to get higher where i am now is getting bakers chocolate which is a little too intense haha.

So why is giving up on achieving the goals you want better than finding the solution and achieving them?

What is so bad about your life user? I want to help, genuinely. Ignore anyone who's an ass about it and please tell me honestly what's going on in your life besides this struggle. You posted here for a reason. You don't want to die or give up, you want someone to help you find the answer. If you wanted to give up or die you would do it instead of posting here. So let me help you. Let anyone else who wants to help you help.

It's better to replace it with a different source of sugar (Like eating an apple instead of candy). You just need to track it like you do calories. It's very easy to go over on sugar even eating healthy forms of it but it's doable if you have an unrelenting sweet tooth like I do.
Refined or processed sugar is cancer, but the sugar in blueberries is fine.

Remember humans crave salty, sweet, and fat because it's what we need to function. You just need to change the sweet craving from say, ice cream, to fruit, or something lower in sugar and keep TRACK!

If sugar is your enemy, take control of it, don't avoid it. that's how binging happens.

On my birthday i got a free cupcake from the place i went to for dinner, and after one bite i didn't want anymore (But i got it for free, hate wasting food, and it was delicious so i forced myself to eat most of it).
Was an amazing cupcake i just kinda....wanted fruit salad instead or something like that.

Dude what the fuck? Someone could go to jail for that, and they'd have to live with knowing they killed someone forever. Don't do that to someone.

why im so fucking delusional
I know I am fat and I know how to lose the weight but i keep finding rationalizations to keep eating
fuck im done with this shit

>60-75% fat, 15-30% protein and 0-10% NET carbs by calorie is what you should aim for

if youre going to do it atleast do some steroids before, some tren+Test cycle and experiment with it. might make you think differently it definetly changed me and it was only testosterone at a low dose

in my case meal prep has helped a lot. keeps me from running to get a quick meal at a fast food place after work, or snacking on shit food knowing i have a good meal ready to go

i'm liking the omelet muffin tin idea, just might steal that one. and i really should start using my crockpot more, i've made some good pulled pork, chicken dishes, chili, etc in it before. plus it's so satisfying switching it on before you leave for work and coming back to have your house smell like heaven.

i use a variation of this recipe for the potatoes: foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-sweet-potatoes-with-honey-butter-recipe

i leave out the honey and cinnamon, add about half of a diced yellow onion and some minced garlic as well. sometimes i add some paprika and cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit but it's really up to your taste. depending on your oven the potatoes might need to stay in longer, usually its around 45 minutes of cook time for me

Do you know if there is a sugar-free bbq sauce that tastes good? I like my chicken spicy but there is only so much I can do with hot pepper.

I have a goal of consuming 0 sugars, and I'm doing pretty good I think.

Why not, whatever floats your boat. Personally I'm just trying to get human-mode for the time being but I'm not opposed to roids as an idea. Maybe one day I'll try, who knows.

When calculating calories do you guys just leave it seditary or change it up? According to this I should Maintainence at 2900cal and that seems ridiculous. My stats are
>88kg
>6'2"
>20-25% bf

The thing is, I gym 3 times a week, martial arts training 4 and swim every day. I set it to moderate exercise and it said that. Should I aim for 2000cal and see how it goes from there? I had been losing weight by just eating whatever and working out but I'm starting to take it serious now.

not if you throw yourself in front of a train. those guys dont go to jail because literally nothing could have been done to avoid hitting you

holy fucking shit it took me a second to figure out what that was

i feel very uncomfortable right now

0 sugars as in 0 carbs etc too?

I love stir fry. I was making a tofu stir fry for one of my meal prep days but my husband and I both got bored of the tofu. Maybe i'll make it again this week since we haven't had it in awhile though.

Hahaha i've never been into garlic bread too much (Give me fresh baked plain italian bread and i'm in heaven though) but i end up planning out for a piece of dark chocolate more often than not (Hey if it doesn't push me over my deficit right? Haha).

But stir fries are super easy to do for prep. The hardest part is preparing whatever protein for me. Then again I'm also really cheap and lazy so i'll use frozen stir fry vegetables so all i have to do is add the sauces and the protein and make rice (Usually cauliflower rice because i'm allergic to white rice, but i'm testing the waters with brown rice lately. i can't tell if it makes me sick or not yet..)

My biggest craving has been chicken wings (I could happily eat them for every meal of every day and never get bored but there's so much sugar in them) but i haven't really replaced it with anything yet. If i made the bbq sauce myself i could control the sugar content, it's only slightly a pain in the ass to do so (I'm so particular about wing sauces i'm kind of ridiculous).

Though the honey soy chicken i make in a crock pot has been helping satisfy that craving without me really meaning to, plus it curves my love for chinese food as well (I miss sweet and sour chicken though but i just remind myself they literally soak the chicken in sugar and i kinda lose the craving).

So don't do the pull up. There's a reason there's so many programs out there. Not everything will work for everyone and their body or their goals. Instead of chin ups, just replace it with a different exercise that targets the same area of the body.
I did some googling and found this
aworkoutroutine.com/cant-do-pull-ups-or-chin-ups/
Scroll down and he suggests some alternative exercises such as lat pull downs

amazon.com/Guys-Award-Winning-Sugar-Original/dp/B0079OWL16?th=1

Tofu, gay, no surprise here.

That said if you can make a honey sauce for chicken, why not just use it on wings?

Post your good feels/achievements /fat/!
>tfw 24.9 BMI
>considered normal

to add on, i also try to cut out as much of the oil as possible, just enough to coat the potatoes but not drench them in it

i make my own sauce and let the chicken marinate in it overnight

the amount of the spices and other ingredients varies on how much chicken im making at a time, but today i made 4 chicken breasts and my sauce was:
>1.5 tsp of paprika
>1 tsp of cayenne pepper
>1 tsp of garlic powder
>.5 tsp of onion powder
>couple pinches of red pepper flakes
>1 tsp fresh black pepper
>1 tsp of salt
>1 tsp light brown sugar
>~1 tsp of lemon juice
>splash of apple cider vinegar
>splash of olive oil
>~1/4th cup of ketchup
>small amount of mustard

might've left some stuff out or mismeasured but for the most part that's accurate. i got it from seeing a few recipes online and tweaking them to what i liked. remember it's just a marinade so a lot of it burns off on the barbecue but the chicken ends up tasting better than plain jane baked/bbq'd chicken in my opinion

Yeah. I'm diabetic and I just want to cut everything I can. I'm only allowing myself carbs and sugar if they come from something like broccoli or sweet peppers.

>GF left me two weeks ago
>tried to turn feels in something positive
>had 112kg on the scale
>started jogging/biking daily
>started eating mostly raw vegetables, eggs and self made smoothies
>am down to 104,65 kg
>female coworkers starting to notice
>feels good

am I making it?

you should totally steal the omlette muffin idea! Here
>preheat oven to 250
>10 eggs will fill up a standard 12 cup muffin tin, usually 2 eggs fills up three cups if you want to make less
You can make it with just egg whites or the whole egg. I buy three peppers once a month, dice them all up, and freeze them along with a bag of diced onions i also freeze, it makes it super quick and easy to make them.
>Grease the pan (I use coconut oil cooking spray)
>Line with baby spinach, sprinkle in peppers and onion, add a couple bits of bacon to each cup
>Pour the egg over til its mostly full (The eggs will puff up big when you bake them but deflate again as they cool)
>bake for 15-20 minutes (Check after 10 since all ovens are different).

Once they're all springy they're cooked :D and they keep in the fridge all week. 30 seconds in the microwave to eat em up or eat them cold :)

You can put whatever toppings in or just make straight up eggs. I saw in a magazine last night a variation that puts a piece of bread as the lining to make eggs and toast but i haven't tested it out (It says to use two slices per cup but that sounds like way too much. I'd probably do a half a slice per cup since i usually eat two at time, so one piece of toast to an egg, along with whatever else I eat with it).

And dude crockpots are a fuckin god-send. I set them up when i begin the meal prep (I have one big one and one small one i got as a gift) so i can knock out two meals for the week super quick in them. Great for simmering sauces too.

and yes i thank you for the recipe :D I might use this for my baked chicken and veggies for a spice variation this week!

>I want to help, genuinely
I appreciate it but I don't know if anything can be fixed. Every part of my life tells me that I'm obsolete, in the way or just plain damaging to people. There's no place for me here, and I don't want to be a nuisance for people I love anymore.

>Don't do that to someone.
Do you have a better suggestion? I can't jump from a tall building because coward. Poison didn't work. Drowning didn't work. Even hypothermia failed me. I need something foolproof.

No trains here.

I like this thread. I will check in sometimes.

My highest recorded weight was 274, but I'm down to 240 right now. 5'8 btw. Been stuck for a week or so, but I'm losing body fat.

I've been lifting a bit when I'm not sore and doing cardio after I lift. I'm only eating around 1500 calories a day and I walk 3+ miles a day for Uni, so my caloric deficit is t h i c c.

Just ran for a mile non stop, see you at the Olympics

>a mile
kek

I hadn't exercised in 6 months before that, a mile is solid.

(continued)

I'm winning mostly on the diet front. I used to drink a lot of high alcohol beer which has a ton of calories. When I'm not drinking the weight just falls off like a waterfall.

Yeah dude, a mile is good. I probably couldn't run a mile straight. I used to run 10K for fun :(

knew i forgot some stuff, i add a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce and about a tsp of cumin as well. think that's everything. hope it helps user

alright i'm definitely gonna use your muffin tin omelet idea. those sound amazing, love the idea of throwing whatever you want in them just like a normal omelet. thanks user!

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

Always do sedentary just to be safe, with the understanding that you might have 100-200 calories wiggle room.

Someone still has to live with hitting someone and possibly witnessing it on top of that. Plus if you do it on a train you'll inconvenience a lot of people. One train being stopped because of an accident can fuck up the schedules of many other trains, not just the one that had to stop.

Seriously you have to be a selfish asshole to think killing yourself this way is better than not being a pussy and just sucking it up and fixing your life instead.

I'm only half gay user but i ended up with a straight marriage so it doesn't matter.

That said, i just wanted one meatless night a week so i could eat more vegetables as well as just have something different besides chicken every night.
I'll eat blue rare steak so it's not some vegan gayness.

As for the wings, i'm really picky when it comes to wings. It's my literal favourite thing to eat ever but i only like the sauce from very few places and it'd be a pain to try to match the flavor i look for when i have chicken wings.

I'm not a picky eater mind you, i'm just particular about this one thing.

It's better if i avoid them for now at any rate since no matter what it's going to take much more honey than the soy chicken dish does.

I don't want soy on the chicken wings but it's fine in a slow cooker meal. It does still satisfy the craving but it's not the same thing (Like replacing soda with la croix. It's bittersweet)

That's awesome user :)
I posted mine in the last thread but i'll repeat it here in a shorter version
>Be 8 weeks since i started dieting and exercising
>bringing all of the groceries to my second floor apartment in one trip
>Not out of breath?
>Not out of breath!
It was a huge accomplishment to feel tired, yes, but not like i was about to keel over from going up a flight of stairs, especially carrying in all those bags. It was a sign that not only was i getting smaller but my health and endurance are improving which are also important to me.

So change. It's one thing to have depression and not be able to help feeling suicidal, but to just be too lazy to take charge and change what sucks about you? Fuck that. Everyone is shitty in some way, but it takes a lot of time and effort to change that shittiness so you're less shitty.

If you're a nuisance, stop. If you're a burden, work harder to stop being a burden. There's always options other than "Give up."

>Do you have a better suggestion?
Yes. Change yourself, don't give up.
Also lmfao trying to kill yourself with hypothermia? Dude you really don't know what you're doing, thank god.

Also think of it this way, you don't want to be a nuisance to people you love right?
>Google a funeral cost
Funerals are fucking expensive even if all of the cheapest options are chosen and you can't guarantee your loved ones will cut costs on it. Suicide is the ultimate way to ensure you are a burden to others. This is what kept me from killing myself three years ago and now?
>have home with a loving husband
>Have two cats and a dog we love because lol fuck having an actual baby
>doing what i love everyday
>Finally confident enough to start working towards my weight goals
>Barely sad anymore
>Handle it better when I am.

Life changes. Shit can change literally in one day. It's stupid to kill yourself based on the present. Change the present so you can change the future.

That's awesome user :) It's not always important to look at the scale. You can go your entire journey never looking at the scale and going purely by bodyfat and other measurements (it's actually better since weight fluctuates so much during the day). My weight hasn't changed in the last three weeks but a pair of pants suddenly fits me and a shirt that was too tight fits comfortably with room to spare.

Keep it up user you'll make it!

The olympics part is funny but that's really good for not doing anything for six months user.

I'll try it without the brown sugar and use low sugar ketchup instead. I'm pretty serious about getting it as low as possible, I've had family that have died from diabetes and I'm making sure that shit isn't going to happen to me.

No problem :D they're super easy i love them. I can't make real omelets (I always fuck them up and it turns into scrambled eggs with vegetables).
Oh i forgot to clarify one thing: If you use bacon or some other meat you do have to precook that first but otherwise everything else can go in raw. I cooked up a big batch of bacon last time i did it and made my own thing of bacon bits for the freezer so i don't have to cook it every week haha (i'm lazzyyyy)

There's a lot of conflicting info about diabetes and diet out there but if you go low carb and exercise, and keep your sugar within normal to lower levels you should be fine user. Focus on low carb more so.

You can also go all out and make your own ketchup so you can control the sugar in that.
Try another lower glycemic sweetener like coconut sugar. It has the same flavor as brown sugar. It's still sugar but it's not processed sugar and it does register lower. There's other liquid sweeteners you can use in other recipes too like cassava syrup (tapioca syrup its also called), agave nectar, or honey rather than straight up sugar. Or beet sugar.

samefagging to add there's also other sweeteners like stevia too.

In terms of other kinds of recipes you can substitute a banana or apple sauce for the sugar too (A lot of healthier baking recipes utilize these two a lot).

Hope that helps user. I'm not diagnosed as diabetic but with my diet throughout my life it's a high possibility i have it so i try to eat low sugar too and these are some things i've found that help me avoid overdoing it.

Also if you like coffee or flavored coffee creamers try Califa almond milk creamer. They have 1-2 grams of sugar in a serving and a little goes a long ass way with it. Plus you won't need added sugar because of how sweet the creamer is on its own despite the sugar being so low.

Just thought i'd throw it in there for anyone it's relevant to.

I usually do the one serving of that, then add regular milk (well, coconut cause i can't have milk) to fill out and cool down the coffee.

plus they don't expire for awhile compared to dairy creamer which justifies the price for me.

I've changed a lot and worked very hard on myself for years. Thing is I keep getting misunderstood and people keep hanging on to things I did years ago only to throw it in my face now. I get blamed for everything even when I had nothing to do with it. It's like I can't shake away the parts of my life that I hate. Nobody remembers when I do something good or tell people constructive things and how much they mean to me and others, but if I do something stupid it is remembered forever.

I am a nuisance by being present, so the only way to fix it is to remove myself.

>funeral cost
I pay for my own funeral. The money I'm leaving is enough to pay for my funeral, pay down my father's debt and still be enough left to buy a nice car or a rundown vacation house in Greece.

>hypothermia
Not as stupid as you think. The winter's here are freezing. Takes too long though.

>life changes
Not unless you change it yourself and I keep failing that part.

So, I'm doing a sensible 500 calorie cut.

I'm consistent with it during the week, but I seem to shoot myself in the foot at the weekend. I binge a little too hard and hit maintenance or maybe 500 over on one or two days. On paper that shouldn't be too bad but it seems to be killing my progress as I'm losing under a pound a week.

Does anyone have good suggestions for dealing with this lack of self control? After a couple months of trying to find ways to stop myself from cheating, I've switched to basically semi-fasting Sat + Sun, because thats simple enough that I can't fuck it up, is it a bad idea?

You can eat literally as many vegetable as you want.

Or do what I do and eat a large, under deficit, meal that completely fills you and then have fruit and veg for the rest of the day.

By who? Friends or family? If it's friends, drop them. You need better people in your life. If people are doing that to you it's them not you.
If it's family, suck it up. Families suck sometimes but don't take it personally even though it sucks.

People easily remember the bad times it's human nature.

No. Hypothermia is a stupid way to try to kill yourself because it's not something you can realistically do. I live in the mountains so i know cold winters. Dumbest way i've ever heard anyone try to commit suicide. Again, thank god you're really bad at it.

Life changes and goes on whether you change or not, user.

What parts of you do you not like and what parts have you already changed?

Why do you care this much on what some shitty sounding friends think of you?

Doesn't matter if you love them. Doesn't matter if your family. Sometimes peoples opinions of you are wrong. If I listened to what my family thought of me this is what i'd believe
>Bitch
>Selfish
>Ignorant
>Naive
>Stupid
>Lazy (This one is true)
>A cunt
>A regret (My birth)
>A slut (Even when I was a virgin i got asked if i was pregnant a lot in very angry tones...)

This is what i've been told i am by good friends i've met since i moved away from them
>Kind
>Funny
>Silly
>Smart
>Passionate
>Fun

Kinda doesn't add up to what my family thinks does it?
I guarantee if you find better people to have in your life you'll find a list to compare as well.

and again, if you really believe you're any ofthe bad qualities then change something
Either change yourself, change your surroundings (if you have that much money then MOVE, find better scenery, force yourself to meet new people by literally leaving everyone else behind. it'll put shit in perspective trust me), or change the people you associate with.

Ultimately if you can't kill yourself on your own, you either aren't meant to die yet or know in your heart you don't want to die. How old are you, user?

Either you forcibly fill up with lowcal filling food or if you live on your own stop buying things you'll binge on.

wish I had that willpower or desire for healthy food or whatever

My mom sent me a chocolate cake on my birthday and I ate like half of it in two days. It was huge too. It was also one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had.

Throwing out the remainder was tough but at least I managed to do that.

Remember that the weekend are just two more days of the week. Don't let the "weekdn? Party time!" mentality make you think you can take it easy. Every day is still a work day for your body.

Keep track of your intake.

That's not entirely true. You can get fat on literally anything if you overindulge on it
It's just harder when the food has like 100 calories per big serving and lower sugar.

I'd recommend you get a blood test done. I thought I was fine, I didn't have any negative affects and my blood sugar was 325. It's better to know, trust me.

"as much as you want" doesn't mean eat 20 pounds of carrots.

I think it's pretty safe to say most people can eat broccoli, carrots, spinach etc until they are full and have only consumed like 300 calories at most

and so what? It was your birthday. In my opinion there are three days of the year where you should be allowed to not worry about your intake and just relax
>Your own birthday
>Thanksgiving Day
>Christmas day (Or eve if your family does the dinner on the eve. Or whatever holiday most closely matches up to this for you and your beliefs)

One day and even two days of eating badly won't undo everything you've done. It's when it goes on for a week or more that you risk losing all of your progress. Don't feel so guilty over this.

On my birthday i let myself relax. I didn't track a single calorie. I had
>2 cupcakes (The free one i told you about already and one i had bought to be a stand in for a birthday cake so i wouldn't have leftovers
>2 macaroons my friend made for me as a present (ate the other two the next day)
>Pot roast dinner
>order of fries at lunch and two bites of my burger (Just wasn't hungry)
>a little more than 1/3 of a fried pickle appetizer i split with my husband and friend
>I think i had one soda?
>A sip of a free milkshake the lunch place gave me. I forgot it in my friend's car though but i'm lactose intolerant anyway so it was a blessing in disguise but i would've eaten it..drank it..whatever

Way more than i had eaten in that past month before.
The next two days after I felt really sick from it all, then got depressed, binged a pint of ben and jerry's (which i confessed to /fat/ at the time) and immediately said "No. Not doing this" and straightened up after that.

This is how i look at things: Feeling guilty is going to lead to feeling depressed, which will lead to eating badly, which will lead to binging, which will lead to undoing the progress. But enjoying my birthday and not letting myself wallow in guilt ensured i got back on track with no damage to my progress..

Plus putting it into MFP i swear to god will help you resist the craving if you put it in before you ever crab the craving snack.

>24
>300 pounds
>Smoker
>Get drunk 2x a week

I'm so unhealthy it's starting to give me anxiety, started getting daily heartburn at 24, body is starting to hurt all over. Not getting good sleep or sleeping too long. I can't keep living like this.

What's the most important thing first? Cut the booze first or the smokes first? Or cut back on both and just focus on weight loss?

get rid of both and start counting calories

Reminder that not all calories are created equal. OP is a faggot who wants to see you fail.

Can you handle the truth?
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

Drop alchool as part of the diet, keep smoking for now. I don't think it's realistic to live without vices.

I unfortunately don't have insurance and can't afford it so it's not really an option right now.

As much as you want is not equal to "until you are full" user.
If I ate as much as I wanted i very well could eat a shitload of carrots, they're delicious.

Balance and moderation is better to preach than "Just eat a shitload of XYZ" that's all i'm saying man.

Anyway /fat/ taking a break because i need to start my meal prep. Gonna hover around for the suicidal user but gonna have to stop my other discussions on here. I love you guys, we can all make it. Just don't give up. You all have the strength to do this!

Aaaand another thread goes down the shitter.

Why would you even consider ben and jerry's when you could have God's greatest gift to mankind

just sayin people post here all the fucking time about how they are hungry and want to just eat everything in sight.

If all those fuckers just ate a pound of carrots instead we wouldn't get those posts anymore

I've gone through a dozen sets of 'rules' I came up with around buying treats. If they were complicated, I would cheat them somehow. I've reduced it to 'one 330ml beer a week' and otherwise I only buy real food.

The current problem is that I still overeat with real food. A bag of broccoli type stuff is 250 calories, but a bag of beans and other dense veg is maybe 500, so if I'm too generous, and I add some protein, it winds up being a 1000 calorie meal, and my target for the day is 1500. Or I buy a bag of apples, and then eat 5-6 before I think of the calories. Or I make a soup out of a bunch of veg, and I have no idea of the calories per serving so I eat 3-4 servings, and depending on what I put in it that could be anything from 200 to 1000 calories. I had to just stop doing that entirely.

Basically I will obey a known calorie count, but when I need to work it out, I will cheat. And non-processed food mostly needs me to work it out. Just wondering if anyone else dealt with this and had a better suggestion than 'stop being retarded' because after 6 months of this I don't think I'm capable of that.

It's both family and friends. The problem lies with me, not them.

>Hypothermia is a stupid way to try to kill yourself because it's not something you can realistically do
Yes it is. Very simple actually. Very cold weather, strip naked and get wet, take sleeping meds and lay down in the snow. I never get passed the clothes part because coward, but in technicality it is very simple.

>Either change yourself,
did and it didn't work
>change your surroundings
did and it didn't work
> MOVE, find better scenery,
didn't work
>force yourself to meet new people by literally leaving everyone else behind.
didn't work
>it'll put shit in perspective trust me
it didn't
>change the people you associate with.
didn't work

I'm sure you went through hard times, and that your life is better now, but you can't really compare your experience to others.

>was at 258.5 on Thursday
>ate a breakfast meal at a diner on Friday night
>now at 261

I-its just water weight, r-right?

I dropped alcohol and started counting calories 80% of the time. I've lost 40 lbs since December and I feel more energetic than I have in years.

You don't have to do everything all at once. Both alcohol and tobacco are really toxic to your body, but I'd recommend ditching the alcohol first because it has calories.

You can make it. If you make progress, even just noticing that you feel better than usual, you will be inspired to continue!

Instead of getting drunk, have a few drinks instead. Cut back on it but if you enjoy drinking it doesn't have to be gone entirely. Do it like once a week instead.

You're better off quitting smoking right off the bat too but as a smoker, i just dove into weight loss. For me I have a start date for when i'm going to try to quit (...visiting family next month and I'll kill myself if i can't smoke around them. they're...very fucking crazy lol. so i'm holding off until then). Invest in a good e-cig if you have an oral fixation like i do, otherwise quit cold turkey.

I think your alcohol intake is okay depending on how much it takes to get you drunk, but drunk once a week isn'tthat bad especially at your age (My older brother at that age was waking up in the morning and drinking, that's when its a problem man). Just count itinto your diet like the other calories you'll be counting and plan the day you want to drink around the drinks (i.e. low carb, low calorie meals depending on what kind of alcohol you drink).

Smoking is hard to quit. I think you'll have trouble quitting cigarettes and trying to diet so i personally would wait until you feel confident in being able to do both, especially since you can, well, use the cigarettes as a suppressant (if you're already a smoker anyway why not? Don't ANYONE start smoking just to suppress appetite.that's retarded.).

So just answer cravings for food with a cigarette, but still work on cutting down on them over time too.

Good luck user you can do it. Realizing you have a problem is the first step to changing and a lot of anons never really come to the realization that their health is important, it's "I need to be thin/ripped/whatever" which isn't always the best goal to have in mind if you want to be successful. Health first, aesthetics second if you're starting from obesity imo.

If you've been eating pretty healthy recently your body might just be holding onto that greasy nasty shit for as long as it cans. You've been starving your body of the trash that it likes to eat.

I tried fasting two days ago? and i'm on one now prolly 30 hours its getting easier. its tough but I'm tired of eating like a rabit, been stuck at 230 forever.

I don't think I possess the willpower to coldturkey both booze and smokes at once.

Thank you, will do

I've never heard of that, i don't think they sell it where I live user.
I'm lactose intolerant too so at least BJ has a dairy free kind now (not that my stupid ass ate the dairy free kind since it was a spur of the moment binge in a wake of sadness. No more.)

and i both agree and disagree with you. Carrots don't really fill me up unless they're part of something else, but something like lettuce, spinach, kale, and whatever you put into a salad I can make a big salad and be full before i'm through half of it (I always surprise the husbando with this because he always expects to be starving after he eats the salad).

But carrots i think i'd overeat on (I mean the sugars matter too user not just the calories. You can be under in your calories but if you went over in sugar you'll still retain fat).

Use a damn measuring cup and kitchen scale and listen to what the portion is. Don't cheat, and if you do, write it down, live with the shame, and resist the next day.

You just need to know yourself and how weak you are. If you can't handle having a bag of apples around without eating them all, then don't have a bag of apples, have like 2 apples. If that means more trips to the store then do it if that's what it takes.
Before you buy ANYTHING go "I am a weak piece of shit, will I end up eating literally all of this in one sitting" and be brutally honest about it

You have to acknowledge you are a weak piece of shit so you can work around it.

quit the one that has calories and switch to vaping/nicotine patches

WHAT THE FUCK
where do I get this Ice Cream I've never seen before holy shit

what is it?

>tfw finally left the 130kg club

>tfw American and all our chocolate is garbage anyway

Candy was easy for me to give up desu

Also, its not that I'm not losing weight. I lost 20lbs last year starting in Jan and I've lost 5 this year. But I have like 40lbs to go to get to an ideal weight, and even if I keep this up perfectly its 2 years away.

I'm seriously considering doing a couple days of 3-500 calorie fasts each week, because thats so low that I can't 'confuse' myself with calorie tracking.

carrots are just what I happened to be snacking on. Whatever works.

google them. they have a thing on their website that will tell you if they sell them in your area

calories of a protein bar with more protein, while tasting like good actual ice cream.

The less you consistently eat the easier it gets