ITT : We post interesting factoids that are generally unknown

ITT : We post interesting factoids that are generally unknown

for example : Rock paper scissors originated in China

>The type of game originated in China and spread with increased contact with East Asia, while developing different variants in signs over time

God Save the Queen is the translation of a French song written to celebrate the successful surgery of Louis XIV's anal fistula

Ketchup originated in medieval China. But it was originally just fish guts left to rot in a jar until it became this gooey paste, europeans learned of it through trade later on and loved it, then they started experimenting with their own versions of it until one guy used rotten tomatoes.

TIL everything comes from China

maybe that whole Marco Polo stealing spaghetti and pizza from China thing is real

The first commercial microprocessor was developed in 1971. It was first used to power a calculator.

Napoleon invented the flag of Italy, replacing blue (the unofficial colour of France) with green, which at the time was a colour associated with Milan.

Peter the Great created the Russian flag as a rip off of the Dutch Flag just because he liked their Navy

Doubt it since the Dutch flag had orange instead of red until the French conquered them in 1795

Peter was a huge fanboy of everything Dutch, not just their navy.

Zhukov loved coka cola, so he had them create a special clear version just for him so he could enjoy it without any communist bullying him for doing so

That's pretty funny and adorable.

He killed millions tho

A factoid doesn't mean "little-fact" or something among the lines.

It means "in the likeness, or the form of". Take humanoid for an example.

So a factoid is "like a fact". Which is not a fact, because a fact is exact. So factoid is a pleonasm.

Eh no, what you describe was called by the Romans "garum", and was a mainstay of the Med diet long before the medieval period.

Yeah but they were only Russians.

YOU'RE A PLEONASM

t.

to drink 0

Here's a factoid for you, fuckhead: I will FIND you, and I will KILL you. Goddamn smartass kids these days think there's no CONSEQUENCES for your actions? You better keep one eye on the door from now on, friendo, because you just brought down the thunder.

The Seleucid calendar which starts around the time Alexander died was widely used in the Middle East until the 20th century.

Oh it's all fun and games now, kiddo, but one day, when you least expect it, BANG! Straight to the Moon!

>Marco Polo stealing spaghetti and pizza from China thing is real

the pizza thing pisses me off the most

pizza requires actual bread, which the Chinese don't eat

And cheese, which they're not big on.

Everyone knows this but the guys to get to the southpole first ever did it only because some guys lied about getting to the north pole first. Liers got thrown into jail btw.

i don't think the pizza thing talks about cheese i thought the pizza thing was just talking about how marco polo stole the idea of a big flat piece of bread with stuff on it. also I've never heard of chinese not eating bread what are you talking about

>the pizza thing was just talking about how marco polo stole the idea of a big flat piece of bread with stuff on it
But that's too retarded for words, literal ancient Greeks and Romans ate food like that.

i dont fuckin know nigga i'm just saying that's whats what the claim is about

and those posted ITT are factoids because it's impossible to proove them right

Garum was legitimately the ketchup of Roman times, they used it on fucking EVERYTHING and it had an overpowering taste.

The orange color in the dutch flag often faded to red so it might still be true

Romans were eating hamburgers back in their day, and we have the recipe from the famous Roman cookbook Apicius

500 grams minced meat
1 roll, soaked in white wine
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
50 milliliters Liquamen (Garum)
some stone-pine kernels (pignoli) and green peppercorns
a little Caroenum (very sweet wine boiled until it is a third of the original volume, then mixed with honey)

Instructions
Mix minced meat with the soaked french roll. Ground spices and mix into the meat. Form small burgers and put pine kernels and peppercorns into them. Put them into baking foil and grill them together with Caroenum.

That sounds gross, trust an Italian to put wine in a burger, smdh

So mutts are the true heirs of the Roman Empire...

I'm gonna put wine up your urethra, burger boy.

Here's a factoid for you, fuckhead: I will FIND you, and I will KILL you. Goddamn smartass kids these days think there's no CONSEQUENCES for your actions? You better keep one eye on the door from now on, friendo, because you just brought down the thunder.

Typical Italian bravado masking deep homosexual impulses that manifest in an obsession with genitals. Sad!

I think you'll find that's a non sequitur, not a factoid. Hope this helps!

As if that'll stop half a dozen places around the world from claiming they invented the modern burger.

They most definitely had forms of bread in the north.

I'm more concerned with the honey. I wouldn't want a burger that tastes sweet.