I'm like a gigantic wuss, luckily I've never been thrashed, but I'm afraid of it constantly...

I'm like a gigantic wuss, luckily I've never been thrashed, but I'm afraid of it constantly. I always apologizing to people so they won't kick my ass.

I can't live with this fear any longer... what martial arts training should I get into Veeky Forums?

bump for help?
please Veeky Forums you're my last resort.

>I can't live with this fear any longer... what martial arts training should I get into Veeky Forums?

No martial arts can fix that fear. Only actually fighting people and getting beat up will fix that.

You'll realise that its not as bad as you imagined.

Pipebomb

ok, but then what? I want to be able to defend myself, I don't want to hurt them, but I don't want them to hurt me.

Then just buy a gun go for a CCW.

No CCW will provide the general and mental health benefits martial arts do. OP will still be a gigantic wuss, except with a gun.

OP, pick a martial art that does full contact sparring, be it grappling or striking.

thai or kickboxing + Judo or BJJ.
/thread

thanks, which to recommend for a skinny guy who is not flexible? I'm going to start doing yoga

Pick the easy stuff to learn. Boxing and judo.

If you're not going to train 6 hours a day like a pro fighter, don't pick the shit they do. Muay Thai and bjj will make you a bad motherfucker, but that's a lot of training.

Boxing.

Don't fall for the MMA meme.

Look at what's available close to you, then test all out and see what you personally enjoy the most.

There's no point in people telling you you should do BJJ when there's no place offering BJJ, or people telling you to do Muay Thai when the only place doing Muay Thai is run by the chad that fucked your highschool crush

Whatever. I will leave my answer. I am not much of a fighter. Just surround yourself with tons of friends or a few friends that love fighting. If I ever got into a fight I would feel bad for the other person getting stomped on by 20 feet while I sit back and talk shit.

Fighting isn't worth it but maybe that's my upper middle classs bullshit.

Truth.

shhh faggot

what u gona do when ur alone with ya girl and a dude fucks with you?

shhhhhhhhhhhh

Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai, BJJ or all of the above. Everything else is a meme for the most part with a few exceptions like Judo, Taekwondo and Karate. Fighters have been embracing the flashier sports recently because of their unpredictability and speed.

That sounds exactly like Jiu Jitsu. It's called the gentle art. It's the art of not getting hit.

this

Training for fighting involves getting hit. You pair up. You hold a mat to your chest and let them hit you, and let them kick you. You won't like that part. Then you have to do sparing, which can hurt too. If you are afraid of fighting... the best thing to do is move to a very White town, never be around people who drink or do drugs, and have a non-confrontational job.

+1 BJJ. Motivated me to get fit, and gave me a ton of confidence

You ever fired a gun brah?

Krav Maga is the only correct choice.

Just remember that in an actual confrontation breaking a bar stool over someone's head counts as martial arts. Don't limit yourself and be realistic.

Muay Thai is pretty good. It's all about getting really close and going apeshit with everything g you have.

I was like that until I got knocked the fuck out one night when I got drunk and rowdy. Ever since I've been craving brawls. Literally hope to get into a street fight every night I walk home from work. Beat up some guy recently.

It ain't that bad to get punched hurts your jaw a bit.

>tfw broke my toe during judo randori last week

I can do judo for a month, I missed my judo exam. I just sit in my apartment pretending throw an invisible man.

I can still lift, do dead, squat etc. But Im broken up about my judo.