How do you dress Veeky Forums?

I'm planning on spending $2k on new clothes since I barely escaped skeleton mode.
But I don't want to look like a Veeky Forumsggot.
Literally everywhere I look all I can think about is how cringy these "fits" or "outfits" are.
They either look like faggots, manchildren or just someone who is wearing cheap clothes but actually they are expensive.
How to look good without looking like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

dappered.com/tag/1500-wardrobe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really like h&m

Joggers are god tier. Get some Henley's. Get some boots and leather shoes. Get some sweaters. Get some semi tight jeans.

gym clothes 90% of the time...

Business casual, faggot.

Also chinos from RW&co. Marks work Wearhouse has some really nice dakota flannel jackets right now as well

If you don't post on Veeky Forums you should have no problem not looking like their memes

It really depends what you can pull off.

I like H&M but if you buy anything there and you go somewhere with a large enough group someone will be wearing the same goddamn thing. The material, stitching, cut, etc will also be noticeably worse than higher end clothes once you learn to spot those things.

Find out what colors look good on you and stick to them. a muted color palate normally looks better than saturated colors. If you don't know what I'm talking about stick to black, grey, and white. It looks good on anyone.

As far as fit is concerned you want t-shirts and jeans that are not too tight and not too loose. T-shirts look good if they are tighter around your arms and chest but not your stomach. Jeans should have a little bit of extra material everywhere but the waist without being too loose. It will look much better if you can actually tell the shape of your legs under them.

>Henley's
dis nigga know what's up

Tennis shoes, Kakis or Jeans and a Polo or Vneck

I dress like this. Simple, yet effective. But you have to have a good body underneath to pull off the t-shirt/jeans/chinos look/

I would never wear a t shirt like that, makes me feel like I'm about to go to sleep honestly.

that kid in glasses will always be the biggest faggot of the bunch

giraffe man is natty Veeky Forums king

>2k on clothes

unless you're rich, don't throw away that kind of money on a wardrobe until you've reached your goal body, m8

I make 140k a year and I have no debt.
If anything I'm a jew when it comes to spending money.

Nice photoshop.

Dylan Roof is king of Veeky Forums

After losing a bit of weight, I scavenged my local Uniqlos clearance bins. I also looked online. I've gotten 4 chinos from them and a pair of jeans. None of those clothes cost more than $15 each.

I buy blank shirts from Amazon. Usually American apparel. Cost like $10 per shirt. You could also buy from a t shirt wholesaler for cheaper.

If I had $2k to spend on clothes I'd probably buy some nice work clothes, Allen Edmonds shoes, probably get some things tailored too. I don't care too much about casual clothing.

Just buy a nice pair of boots/sperrys and coat with 2k.

dappered.com/tag/1500-wardrobe/

FA is so worried about their clothing that they don't put in the 6-12 months it takes to get enough lbm to fill out clothes. FIT is so worried about their lbm as a board we don't spend the 6-12 months it takes to get comfortable talking to strangers.

They look like post Part IV Jojo characters.

I legitimately wear full rick like 80% of the time

I can't just magically become a social butterfly in a year. It doesn't work like that.

obligatory

I wear t-shirts and either basketball shorts or jeans depending on the weather.

I don't understand Veeky Forums and don't care what I look like, so it's much easier to just not worry about it and be comfortable. Harder to find grills that also don't care what I look like, but they're out there.

I'm a Slav so you already know our swag starter pack.

Just don't spend it all at once. Acquire slowly so you can figure out if a particular piece of clothing works well for you or not.

E.g. I gravitated towards jeans instead of business slacks because I'm too lazy / shitty at laundry for the higher maintenance pants. Ditto for nicer shirts that call for more complicated washing than cold water + detergent.

I just wear the tshirts of bands I like, converse sneakers and jeans with a belt. If its cold I migjt throw on a jacket but its usually not.

This. Plain tee/jeans, make sure they are properly fitted and that's all you really need to look good.

Don't spend $2k if you just left skelly. If you bulk up more nothing will fit and your money is down the drain.

Start off with some nice fitting jeans, Levi's are top notch. Get yourself a dark-wash pair, and another pair you like. Then go to somewhere like H&M or whatever and pick out some T-Shirts. You're set.
If you want to go beyond that, and prefer a more formal look, go to someplace like RW&co, a place that sells suits and nice casual wear like chinos, sweaters and button-ups. Try everything on that you even vaguely like, and get a real taste for it.
Took me a couple years to fully transition from dressing like garbage to having eye-catching, well fitted outfits. You're likely to reupdate your wardrobe as you adapt, so don't spend all your money at once.

>button downs/oxfords
>khakis, chinos, slacks
>buy a navy suit and get it tailored if you don't have one
It's not hard m8

If you dress like the lesbian in the middle, but lose the coat and messenger bag, wear a belt instead of suspenders, and also wear normal shoes, you will be okay.

H&M is nice if you don't care that much about fashion. It's funny how you can dress up less than a hundred dollars and girls will still mire if you're Veeky Forums unless you're wearing a band shirt with baggy jeans.

>plain black t-shirt, $7
>cotton shorts, $13
>last years flyknits, $80

Veeky Forums is a pretty useless board other than "wear fitting clothes"

>Jnco pants, frayed all over the cuff
>band shirt or such a nerd ecls dee dee reference shirt
>chain wallet
>spiked or studded belt
>old skateshoes

RM Williams Craftsmen are most Veeky Forums shoe

this guy's got it

Nordstrom would be a good store for you. Clothes are relatively high quality and their associates are generally pretty good about helping you shop. Anything you find by Ted Baker will be wonderful. His clothes are classic but stylish and fit well on pretty much anyone. Expect to spend around $200 a shirt though, but its so worth it.

If youre gonna go for plain t shirt and jeans look like these other guys are suggesting (which can be a great look) i would avoid h&m. The necks on their plain t's stretch out super easily and they frankly look pretty cheap. I would look to spend $20-$30 per shirt at least. They will fit better and look better (and last longer). Dont skimp on the jeans either. You should drop MINIMUM $100 on those. But jeans closer to 200 will be noticeably better. You have the money so why not treat yourself a little. Nicer clothes, even if its a tshirt and jeans, just look better all around and youll give off a better impression.

White doesn't look that good if you're a pale mofo & blond. Otherwise all's gucchi there.

Honestly just plain as fuck, no bright colours. Had the same 2 pairs of jeans for around 6 years.
Sometimes I'll wear tops that are slightly too small for me so I look more aesthetic.

Comfort > The retarded shit Veeky Forums wears

If you're worried about H&M looking cheap but don't want to spend full RP

look for factory seconds with no noticeable defects or buy from a wholesale t shirt website

Fit is what makes one either look good or cheap. What you want are clothes that fit you, and that you look good wearing.

First go to any store with a wide range of colors and cuts. It can be shit quality, doesn't matter. Take a load of differently colored clothes (again doesn't matter what clothes, just make sure you have a good range of colors, both saturated and desaturated) and put them up to your face/over your shoulder. You'll notice how some colors will make your face look washed out and ill, others might give you a red face or something. There is no universal color that looks good on everybody. If you're a pale basement dweller you'll look dead in black; if your teeth are corn yellow, white will only make it worse, etc. Choose a few colors that compliment your skin/hair/eye colors best and memorize/photo them. These will be the colors for your tops. Bottom colors don't mater as much, just get something that goes well with the tops.

Once you're done, do the same thing with cuts for both tops and bottoms. Try on everything you can get your hands on until you'll get a good grip on what makes your body look the way you want.

Once you've got that down go and buy yourself some absolute basics and build from there.
A pair of jeans/pants that will go with every top you'll own. A few plain tshirts or polo shirts and business casual shirts. A business casual jacket and a light sweater. Leather shoes and belt that go well together and a pair of casual shoes. Some sort of a bag/backpack, a watch, sunglasses if you feel like it.
If you want to go an extra mile get a nice casual pocket square for your jacket.

Whatever you buy always check what it's made of and the quality of stitching. A quality sweater wont be 100% polyester or some shit. Same goes for pleather belts/shoes etc. Also check the washing instructions and avoid things you'll most likely wont feel like cleaning properly.

Get your button down shirts from Ralph Lauren. Make sure they are slim fitted. Blues, dark reds, and dark greens/olive are good colors. Also pick up a pair of Khakis from there. Another important thing is that some shirts are made to be tucked into pants while others are not so learn the difference and wear accordingly

Diesel has a lot of good crewneck sweaters and jeans. Just be careful because a lot of their catalog is pretty edgy so try to get the stuff that looks less alternative. Avoid wool, it gets eaten by moths and fucked up in the washer, get cotton and save the stress. If you can afford it get a leather jacket from there but be prepared to drop $500+ on it. If you want cheaper jeans Levis is a good option. Get slim tapered jeans, get a pair of dark blue, black, and grey. Some guys can pull off skinny jeans but that is considered a more alternative look so unless you know what youre doing you should just avoid them or you will look dumb.

Just get plain solid color tshirts. White, black, blues, dark reds, dark greens/olive. Vnecks depend on the person, some people pull it off a lot better than others. Prints are unnecessary and often look immature

For shoes I find that white Chucks go with nearly every casual outfit in the spring and summer, you should also have brown leather shoes for more formal occasions. fall/winter you should just wear black leather shoes or boots. If you are wearing a belt make sure they match your shoe color. If you go to raves and concerts get a pair of Vans so your other shoes dont get fucked up from people stepping on them.

Get a wrist watch only if you can drop $300+ on one. A cheap watch will not do you any favors.

For sunglasses gold rimmed aviators from Ray Ban is a really safe and good choice.

For cologne Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme is really good for 3 reasons. It works in any occasion and season, the Chanel website sells a really good travel version, and women love it.

What are Veeky Forums approved shorts to wear in casual everyday use? I can't wear gym shorts/running shorts all the time.

>>I can't just magically gain/lose weight in a year. It doesn't work like that.

I don't know much about fashion, but I do know that a 20 dollar shirt that I get tailored for 30 dollars looks WAY better on me than a shirt that costs 50+ dollars off the rack. I assume the same is true for the rest of you. Fit is the #1 priority for clothes to look good imo. I usually just go to outlet malls and find shirts that fit well in the shoulder and sleeve length, no matter the size or cut, then get it tailored. Only caveat is that I'm in academia so it's worth it for me to be wearing oxfords every day. Weekends it's Levi's 514 (slim fit, not skinny, not tapered, not boot cut, not too loose) with a shallow v-neck t-shirt from Banana Republic (they have an outlet mall close to where I live so I can buy their staples for less than $10 per shirt).

Shoes, I'm partial to Johnston and Murphy's, though I have a nice pair of Wolverine boots that I wear with jeans outside of work. Super comfortable, super clean look when paired with jeans and t-shirt.

Maybe if you are still in college or live in murica

This whenever possible. Suits and dressing well are like lingerie to women, bonus points for a good pair of boots and a decent haircut

Unfortunately I'm too buff to wear most of my old suits and shirts and always end up walking around in gym gear too often

fml

H&m has trending styles that are cheap as fuck. They don't have gothic tight black leather pants or robes. Sorry fa

I usually wear Henley's or a solid color tee, dark or black jeans and red wing
boots

Look up Ryan gosling for fashion inspiration

Veeky Forums gave this guy a 10/10 maybe get something like it?

T-shirt and shorts. Always gym ready.

Uniqlo basic any other time. T shit, jeans, socks, sandals.

>lose

I ain't no bitch.

>Wearing suits outside

Unfortunately this isn't an option anymore. You'll look like a try-hard faggot if you wear a suit anywhere but high-status circles or special occasions.

Just the well tailored dress shirt and casual tie with chinos and nice-ish dress-shoes should be fine.

Even that isn't the best idea sometimes.

He looks like he lives in a Wes Anderson movie.

Veeky Forums views fashion like its own art imo.

They don't dress to look good without people noticing because that would ruin the elitism. No. They have to dress like that so that it draws attention to their intentional "fashion"

I'd probably say that that look only works for very specific people and is still meh. Wearing a well fitting shirt and jeans is probably better for anyone with a decent physique.

well put