ChainLink: A discussion on adoption

My request for this thread:

No memes (*aside from wholesome pepe memes)
No FUD
No Shill
No fake news
---------------------------------------------
If you aren't interested in CL, please just move on to the next thread.
---------------------------------------------

Please ask yourself:

Have you really grasped the concept of ChainLink?

Do you understand the following:

>Real token usage (nothing in the CL oracle network will operate without the LINK token holding significant value)

>PoC proven by 18+ month long testnet with companies and firms that manage over $40+ Trillion annually

>The level of scalability this service (CL) will have and the potential value that each token could have once having reached mainstream adoption and consensus

>The fact that money in the cryptosphere will have little to no impact on the price of ChainLink. The market cap of this coin could potentially surpass everything in this space, EVEN BITCOIN, if truly adopted. The money flowing in to ChainLink will come from large ENTERPRISE who want to utilize this oracle network to save their companies billions annually.

If you have a statement, question, or valid opinion (whether it be genuine negative criticism or a positive comment) please leave it here.

Thanks,
user

Other urls found in this thread:

crushcrypto.com/analysis-of-0x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SUPERCOMPUTERS ON

EACH CITY

I am bullish on LINK but even I am suspicious of the super computes.

Hi satan, can you confirm that chainlink is being commandeered for alien purposes?

>The market cap of this coin could potentially surpass everything in this space, EVEN BITCOIN
You will probably get a lot of flak for saying that, but I unironically agree.

OP here.

To anyone who doesn't spend all day on Veeky Forums, the "supercomputers" statements you see above are what we call "ironic FUD".

What this means is basically it's FUD so stupid only an idiot will believe it (and some really do).

Thanks

I agree with everything you said. My only concern is when to buy more. What do you guys think?

when sell walls lift

i'm buying more tomorrow, i don't think the price will go lower than this

what do you have to say about this user?

The data wont be verified by just one node

The attached image is from the Confido community manager in Slack.

But to answer your question; hosting an oracle that will be competitive enough to run feeds for large enterprise... let's say Fidelity for example... will not be completed by just launching a VM and setting your node up. No. This will require enterprise level servers and hardware. This will require staff for 24/7 uptime and fault tolerance.

Do you think that these enterprise level node operators will want to get paid with $0.01?

EDIT

But to answer your question; hosting a *node*

Nobody ever talks about the impact of Plasma and Raiden. (And lightnigh network for BtC.) Once that's up and running the dam will be opened and if you thought crypto was growing quickly before that, you ain't seen shit yet. And yeah, LINK will be king in that wave because it's the key to mainstream adoption.

Does anyone have a list of how many link can get you a good return?

The top 10 coin prediction you may have seen yesterday... that was mine lol.

it already belo ico price you dumb linkie

Ethereum was ~$0.35 at ICO price. ETH is $310 now

LINK was ~$0.10 at ICO price. LINK is $0.21 now.

If you think LINK will have a similar growth pattern as ETH then it will be ~$40 per link at the end of 2018.

Hello Ethan ;) srsly, RLC mate.

Can't say that aligns with my views too well. But then again you probably are better versed in this. I can clearly see the tremendous use fro the Raiden network but I'm too much of a brainlet to see if the token actually would be valuable because i don't know how many nodes would like to "pay for the privilege of not providing all features" or what it was. I'm sceptical on all privacy altcoins because I see no emegent winner or if any existing soution really is neceessary or best and fast tx usecase altcoins because of lightning network. I know too little about NEO and 0x. I get ridf usefulness but not the WTC token and i read some about it too. I would rather sign on OMG:s momentum and unbanked vision. So I guess I'm with you only on top 3. But it's a cool prediction.

0x is going to only get bigger with more Dapps coming about. Backend protocols are longterm investments, much like LINK however 0x already see's mainstream adaptation in Dapps, by summer people will be scrambling to get some.

I have a significant stack I plan on holding. What I would like to know is how to get starting in using it as an asset to set up nodes.

I am a noobie at computing but have a fair amount of time on my hands. I think it would be neat to be able to put together API's that report things like the LIBOR rate or the winning numbers of the weekly Australian lottery.

Can anyone suggest a roadmap how I can put my LINK assets to work?

You should figure out your way into the slack and talk to @rory, he'd be the best one to ask about these things.

I hear you. You wouldn't want to give e the quick version of why 0x is especially good for dapps?

lmao

crushcrypto.com/analysis-of-0x/

0x is a protocol that facilitates the exchange of ERC20 tokens. Anyone or company can utilize 0x in the backend to operate a decentralized exchange.

This would fix the bullshit security behind exchange's smart contracts that you need to worry about currently.

A safer trustless future for traders.