How do I fix/make shin splints less painful Veeky Forums? This week in particular I've been fucking dying

How do I fix/make shin splints less painful Veeky Forums? This week in particular I've been fucking dying
>Inb4 little bitch

From jogging? Try taking a day or two off after every session. I used to have pretty bad shin splints but they magically disappeared when I started running after a week of rest

I would but im on a strict routine for my boxing. Getting ready for a fight I need to be in top shape. Is there anything I can do that's easy on the legs but fantastic cardio? Swimming and cycling is for manlet fags

>swimming
>manlet fags

u wot m8

Lol it's just that I can't get easy access to a pool.

Swimming literally favors taller people

Foam rolling

Explain?

you have to eliminate running at once. if you run on shin splints they will NEVER EVER GO AWAY.
they will only get worse or stay there. its classified as an injury. what do you do when somethings injured, do you use it at all or do you let it rest/heal completely. stop running or they will not heal. theres no alternative to make "less painful". it should take 2-4 weeks at most

>Swimming and cycling is for manlet fags
>cycling for manlets

Chris Froome, the winner of the 2016 Tour De France, is 6'1

Be careful with shin splints. I got a stress fracture on my tibia from playing basketball in free runs.

I ran track college. The best way is fill a knee high bucket with cold water and dump in like 5 pounds of ice, pull up a chair and dip your legs in for 20-25 min. It's painfully cold but works

the best thing to do is let the injury heal like you would any other injury

>he thinks 6'1 isnt manlet statis

And do that right after you train everyday

Strengthen tibialis anterior, stretch calves and flexor brevis

Tell that to any athlete who's had shin splints. We ran everyday and won nationals (albeit a very small conference)

Thanks bros, just discovered this board today. New favourite.

this , rest

make sure you are getting enough calcium. I upped my calcium to like 1000% DV and my shin splints went away slowly after a couple weeks.

>manlet fags
it sounds like you're a retarded kid who's repeating words he heard when it makes no sense in the context